HCL Technologies

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Total 3 rounds of interview

First round we had a written test on Java/J2EE/Hibernet/Struts/Spring. I think they are placing cut off based on number of people attending the interview at my time there was around 500 people.

Second round was technical round where interviewer was concentrated on basics of all the technologies I have worked on.

Third round was formal HR discussion about packages an etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

i applied through job portal had two technical rounds both the rounds are technically deployed to concept of plsql more questions after completed, hr will call kind of feedback got.how long it takes more than 1 month that is i dont know.better selected or not properly given the feedback need from them.hope in future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2014.

After arriving on time, there was wait of 2 hrs for which they gave me lame excuse that the interviewers have not yet arrived. when they started my interview, it was 12 in the afternoon.
    Interview consisted of three rounds. This was for C++ with linux exp.

First technical round:
    Implement a class with copy constructor, overload = operator, reverse iterate a linked list, explain virtual keyword, static_cast, dynamic_cast, . Strangely, the guy who interviewed me was pretty dumb and he had no idea of even STL(weird!)

Second round:
    This was interviewed by a team lead. He was conducting a stress interview and asked lame questions from my previously written code. I just kept my cool :)

HR round:
    Nothing but negotiating my expected salary.The salary that she offered was a joke and almost laughed.

My feedback:
    If you are talented and are in a good product company, don't attend service company like these. Waste of time. I regret giving it a shot just to kill some time on a holiday.

very poor salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

2 technical online tests and technical panel + HR interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

This was a walk-in interview, but when I received the email I assumed it was a scheduled personal interview.

I had to go and stand in line for atleast 2 hours to get signed up for the interview, remember "scheduled with a time slot". I had my technical round at around 2 PM and the interviewer was quite happy with the interview. He asked some basic questions on JCL, COBOL, CICS and DB2. They were looking for a DB2-CICS developer, which was not mentioned in the interview call letter. I had to wait till 2 PM to get thru my first round because of the overwhelming response or whatever reason. My schedule slot was at 9:30 AM.

I cleared the first round and the wait started for the second round, another 2 hours. Thank God, there was a stall to buy some snacks and juice. They called me in at around 4PM, and I sat for the second round, this is supposed to be some kind of manager round which is again unexpected. I sat in front of the interviewer and he looked at my file and immediately called the HR guy, and pointed something on the file. HR called me to another table and talked some crap and told me they can't offer me the package, I told I can negotiate. He said how far; I took down 10% still he wasn't happy. So we stopped there and I called that a day.

I had to spend the whole day in lines and waiting, just to figure out I am not selected for the position because they cannot offer me the salary which I quoted in "MY FIRST EMAIL CONVERSATION".

Unfortunately I also happened to talk to people who had similar bad experiences.

HCL , grow up.....We are not doggies to just call around and shoo off.

Interview Questions
    • DB2 - what happens if we try to open the cursor which is already open?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult problem you solved?   Answer Question
    • What happens in CICS when you trigger a transaction?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was a walkin and was a straight forward .net framework and sql queries. Two technical rounds followed by HR round. Was seamless integration. First round most probably by project lead and the second round by project manager. The third was HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

I got a mail from the internal HR team and it was stated that it is a scheduled walk in interview. But after reaching the campus only realised that many people had came and it was walk in. Interview took almost my whole day and it was not that worthy experience.

Initially had a technical interview where I was asked few basic questions from my day to day activities. Then a manageral interview. The guy seems to be bit techy and asked few techy questions. Later the world's best idiotic HR took my HR round of interview. He asked me to join the company for a package lesser that what I was drawing by that time. I just came out without replying him. After a week I got call from them again and negotiated for certain package. The HR who called this time was so kind and understood my situation. Then they have released the offer in the same day itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

First there will be filtering through objective test for which qualifying mark is 60 .Then a technical interview followed by HR. Technical wasn't too tough and is most basics.

I have cleared technical interview and my profile was kept on hold for salary negotiation by HR.
    I was said that I will be getting a call on the same,20 days happened and still no response.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

shared resume via a friend. 1 round of Telephonic interview was done with a panel of 3. Then personal visit at HCL office. Documents submission . Then the offer was made after few days.