HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had given my first round of interview as telepjonic after clear that interview , They called me for the 2nd rounf of interview for face to face . It was a technical interview once i had cleared the 2nd technical round . Then it was the final HR tound. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked question from .net mvc   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Am not satisfied with the interview process.
    Took two days and made me wait for whole day. But interview happened only ten minutes and got rejected.not satisfied with the interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Written test, techinal discussion of 2 level and then HR discussion. profile screening will be the frst step of all. make your resume clean n crisp for shortlisting. As i was in campus recruited, not clear about external interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Total 3 rounds of interview

First round we had a written test on Java/J2EE/Hibernet/Struts/Spring. I think they are placing cut off based on number of people attending the interview at my time there was around 500 people.

Second round was technical round where interviewer was concentrated on basics of all the technologies I have worked on.

Third round was formal HR discussion about packages an etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

i applied through job portal had two technical rounds both the rounds are technically deployed to concept of plsql more questions after completed, hr will call kind of feedback got.how long it takes more than 1 month that is i dont know.better selected or not properly given the feedback need from them.hope in future.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

After arriving on time, there was wait of 2 hrs for which they gave me lame excuse that the interviewers have not yet arrived. when they started my interview, it was 12 in the afternoon.
    Interview consisted of three rounds. This was for C++ with linux exp.

First technical round:
    Implement a class with copy constructor, overload = operator, reverse iterate a linked list, explain virtual keyword, static_cast, dynamic_cast, . Strangely, the guy who interviewed me was pretty dumb and he had no idea of even STL(weird!)

Second round:
    This was interviewed by a team lead. He was conducting a stress interview and asked lame questions from my previously written code. I just kept my cool :)

HR round:
    Nothing but negotiating my expected salary.The salary that she offered was a joke and almost laughed.

My feedback:
    If you are talented and are in a good product company, don't attend service company like these. Waste of time. I regret giving it a shot just to kill some time on a holiday.

very poor salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very smooth. They had one round of technical test. It was objective. Questions were easy if someone knows basics of the technology. After that we had ons technical interview. They will ask about previous projects, your role and technical questions. Finally HR round. The total process took two days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

2 technical online tests and technical panel + HR interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a walk-in interview, but when I received the email I assumed it was a scheduled personal interview.

I had to go and stand in line for atleast 2 hours to get signed up for the interview, remember "scheduled with a time slot". I had my technical round at around 2 PM and the interviewer was quite happy with the interview. He asked some basic questions on JCL, COBOL, CICS and DB2. They were looking for a DB2-CICS developer, which was not mentioned in the interview call letter. I had to wait till 2 PM to get thru my first round because of the overwhelming response or whatever reason. My schedule slot was at 9:30 AM.

I cleared the first round and the wait started for the second round, another 2 hours. Thank God, there was a stall to buy some snacks and juice. They called me in at around 4PM, and I sat for the second round, this is supposed to be some kind of manager round which is again unexpected. I sat in front of the interviewer and he looked at my file and immediately called the HR guy, and pointed something on the file. HR called me to another table and talked some crap and told me they can't offer me the package, I told I can negotiate. He said how far; I took down 10% still he wasn't happy. So we stopped there and I called that a day.

I had to spend the whole day in lines and waiting, just to figure out I am not selected for the position because they cannot offer me the salary which I quoted in "MY FIRST EMAIL CONVERSATION".

Unfortunately I also happened to talk to people who had similar bad experiences.

HCL , grow up.....We are not doggies to just call around and shoo off.

Interview Questions

• DB2 - what happens if we try to open the cursor which is already open?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult problem you solved?   Answer Question
    • What happens in CICS when you trigger a transaction?   Answer Question