HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Question – Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview done by someone who didn't know what I would be assigned to so it was very general. Overall It was fine I think it would have been better if they had known the group I would be with ahead of time and had someone from their interview me but maybe this was not possible.

Interview Questions

Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had 1 phone interview on Java and 1 phone interview on Pl/SQL , I thought I did the Java interview better than the Pl/SQL one , but i was told by thm as feedback later tat the person who did the PlL/SQL interview said I did good while the person who did the Java interview said I was average. Finally they gave the feedback that they were looking for a person who is much more strong in Pl/SQL, which was shocking to me.

Interview Questions

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process involved four different levels namely: Aptitude test, GD round, Technical Interview, HR Interview. First two rounds were easy , Technical interview round was tough as they wanted to know your technical skills in depth which includes your college project work , industrial training and programming skills.

Interview Question – how many hairs are there on your head?   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring was pretty straight forward. two technical rounds and one manager round and finally it was HR round. Most of the time, They look for core C#,OOPS,Sql Server questions.

Interview Question – I don't see any difficult questions. If you have good knowledge on core C#,oops, You can clear very easily.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – technical round

Interview Question – easy questions java,difference between string and string buffer,array and array linked list,reflections   View Answer

Roorkee (India)

I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2012.

Interview Details – A written test comprising of technical questions related to C,C++,OOP concepts etc.
then an interview.

Interview Question – What have threatened you in the past year ?   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds were there..1st one was a written test tech+apti
second was and interview round which was HR+technical
the recruitment process was simple and dey took 90 students from our college..
but now dey arer nt gnna send offer letter to anyone dey recruited..:(

Interview Question – How did you perform testing in your major projects   Answer Question

Software Developer
Calicut, Andaman and Nicobar Islands (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – ONLY 1 ROUND.One should be thourough with skills and academic interests mentioned in your resume.questions mainly revolved around c,c++ and data strutures.

Interview Question – what kind of domain would you work in best.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 6 months late joining date.as the interview was scheduled around feb 4,the joining date was after 6 months so they wasted my 6 months

Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1) written test for IO
2) Written test for English Grammer check.
3) written test for science and mathematics
4) written test of logics
5) group discussion
6) one to one technical interview process
7) HR Round

Interview Question – How many times you have been in sex.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i was comfortable and getting to learn where i was working,

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!