HCL Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2012.

Interview done by someone who didn't know what I would be assigned to so it was very general. Overall It was fine I think it would have been better if they had known the group I would be with ahead of time and had someone from their interview me but maybe this was not possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2011.

Had 1 phone interview on Java and 1 phone interview on Pl/SQL , I thought I did the Java interview better than the Pl/SQL one , but i was told by thm as feedback later tat the person who did the PlL/SQL interview said I did good while the person who did the Java interview said I was average. Finally they gave the feedback that they were looking for a person who is much more strong in Pl/SQL, which was shocking to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

there are 3 rounds.1.amcat test,2.technical interview,3.hr interview.it was a two days process.in amcat they just took a online test but easy questions.for this just follow amcat post and questions. but technical little bit tougher. mostly asked questions from java and j2ee.hr interview was quite easy

Interview Questions
    • they asked me some puzzle which i couldn't answer properly   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

ONLINE TEST FOLLOWED BY TR AND HR INTERVIEW
    Online test was conducted by AMCAT and it was not very tough.
    For interview , Be confident, dont panic and know your cv well...

Interview Questions
    • For interview , Be confident, dont panic and know your cv well...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2014.

Hiring process involved four different levels namely: Aptitude test, GD round, Technical Interview, HR Interview. First two rounds were easy , Technical interview round was tough as they wanted to know your technical skills in depth which includes your college project work , industrial training and programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • how many hairs are there on your head?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2014.

Hiring was pretty straight forward. two technical rounds and one manager round and finally it was HR round. Most of the time, They look for core C#,OOPS,Sql Server questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't see any difficult questions. If you have good knowledge on core C#,oops, You can clear very easily.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2013.

technical round

Interview Questions
    • easy questions java,difference between string and string buffer,array and array linked list,reflections   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2012.

Two rounds were there..1st one was a written test tech+apti
    second was and interview round which was HR+technical
    the recruitment process was simple and dey took 90 students from our college..
    but now dey arer nt gnna send offer letter to anyone dey recruited..:(

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2012.

A written test comprising of technical questions related to C,C++,OOP concepts etc.
    then an interview.