HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.8

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

got through the college campus interview. very easy questions about opps and c programming. Easy technical and HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • all the questions are easy.. no such difficult question are asked   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

I got in to HCL through campus recruitment. The first round was analytic and logical questions, the second round was a technical group discussion and the third round was an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly easy and there was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
    Then HR interview at last.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Recruiter contact
    Phone interview
    onite client interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

couple of rounds of interview. The interview process was pretty slow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2011.

Only technical questions, no STAR questions. 1:1 interview in person.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

As Expected First Round Was through AMCAT in which they had asked some few questions from Aptitude, Reasoning and C C++

And then Second Round was Technical HR and most crucial round it took for me approx one and half hour and i think not a single portion they had left from my Resume then Final Year Project, Some Basic Logical Programs and then a lot of OS and Data Structure Questions.Then they will ask some personal questions, experience and a lot from your Resume..

Final Round was HR and was so Easy only Intro and then some basic HR Questions and finnaly took some signatures and then told me to wait one week for confirmation.

After 4 days i got confirmation Mail regarding Selection

ROHIT RAJ

On-Campus
    - Written test was taken online in morning.
    - Had 5 sections: English, Quant, Reasoning, Programming,.....
    - Result was declared same day during lunch time.
    - Followed by techno-managerial/HR round in evening.
    - Final results were declared at 10 PM.
    The interview process was over in single day but we had to wait 5 months for joining date after college.

Interview Questions
    • None in specific.
      - Basics of C/C++ and Java core.
      - Some logic based questions.
      - Rest personal/about yourself etc.
        Answer Question
    Got an offer in Feb(While in B.Tech final year) and got joining date in November.