HCL Technologies

Average Difficulty
130 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – got through the college campus interview. very easy questions about opps and c programming. Easy technical and HR rounds

Interview Question – all the questions are easy.. no such difficult question are asked   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – I got in to HCL through campus recruitment. The first round was analytic and logical questions, the second round was a technical group discussion and the third round was an HR interview.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly easy and there was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details – Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
Then HR interview at last.

Interview Question – Scenario based question in HR riybd   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – Recruiter contact
Phone interview
onite client interview

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2011.

Interview Details – Only technical questions, no STAR questions. 1:1 interview in person.

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Question – General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details – couple of rounds of interview. The interview process was pretty slow.

Interview Question – reverse a sring   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – not so good interview process followed... not so standard questions asked. not so good interview process followed... not so standard questions asked not so good interview process followed... not so standard questions asked.

Interview Question – They ask questions not so relevant to current field .   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – Two level of interviews: first technical round then followed by HR round. It took hardly a day for all the process and final results was declared next day if the interview. Interview panel was good and very helpful.

Interview Question – How i was going to deploy my final year engineering project.   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

Interview Details – 3 rounds - written technical and mgmt.
basic questions on c and dbms concepts..normalization...questions were not difficult.in mgmt round they asked abt relocation to Chennai but they were just testing my attitude towards relocation...

Interview Question – Normalization in dbms   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Campus hiring no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

At HCL, we bring IT and engineering services under one roof to solve complex business problems for our clients. We attribute our success to our dedicated workforce, currently estimated at 95,000 . By leveraging… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.