HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.8

142 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

got through the college campus interview. very easy questions about opps and c programming. Easy technical and HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • all the questions are easy.. no such difficult question are asked   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

I got in to HCL through campus recruitment. The first round was analytic and logical questions, the second round was a technical group discussion and the third round was an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly easy and there was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Quantitative aptitude test followed by Technical interview and Group Discussion.
    Then HR interview at last.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Recruiter contact
    Phone interview
    onite client interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2011.

Only technical questions, no STAR questions. 1:1 interview in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

Applied through career fair in University. While submitting resume they asked me about my interest and availability. Then they gave me a paper for signing to schedule an interview on very next day in Univesity.

Interview Questions
    • General Questions like which is most difficult project, what difficulties you had, What about team conflicts in team projects.etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

couple of rounds of interview. The interview process was pretty slow.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Steps:
    1. AMCAT TEST(simple RS AGARWAL or math4fun.com)
    2. Tech Round(main focus on project, said comfortable with java so asked related to java, write program for Quick sort, merge sort so prepare well)
    3. HR (why hcl?)

too much delay, becoz they want Human resource not a Human being and call select candidates based on need. so join FB GROUP(usually some one creates it like HCL TECHNOLOGIES 2014 BATCH) to be updated regarding call letter, offer letter, service aggrement, DOJ

Interview Questions
    • all service based comps check your basics only but have good idea of main project   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

the interview was of 3 rounds... first round was an online aptitude test, followed by technical interview and HR interview for the selected students.. There was elimination after every stage and the subsequent selected students were passed onto the next rounds.

the aptitude round consisted of 4 sections and lasted for 1 hour 20 minutes.. the sections were: computer programming, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and English.... the questions were relatively easy..

the selected students were then called for technical interview the following day.. there was a panel of 12 technical persons... the questions ranged from database to programming to data structures and more importantly the graduation project....

the HR round for the selected candidates was not for a long duration and more of a conversation...

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!