HCL Technologies

Updated Oct 30, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2011.

I partook in a "weekend" interview for the job role. They were very courteous to let me know when they would be calling. Only the first interview was all of 10 minutes long asking simple hr questions. The second interview the following day was more or less a repeat of the first, lasting about 30 minutes long. The fact that they did not verify my technical skills was a bit worrying. I was thinking, "If they don't screen very well, then what will my coworkers be like?" Anyway, I thought they weren't interested but the following week they had an offer 10 k less than my asking salary.

While I haven't officially declined it yet, I'm seriously considering it. I'll update this once I've made my decision.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2010.

Starts with telephonic round which has some tasks and technical questions

Interview Questions
    Stick on to a reasonable offer.HCL is not a good paymaster and try to keep the salary as low as possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2010.

Recruiters have you take a skill assessment test to determine your level of knowledge. Meet with recruiter and hiring manager for different projects

Interview Questions
    • The always popular behavior question of "describe a difficult scenario that you fought through in your current job"   Answer Question
    With mine the negotiation was with a recruiter with a background in India culture. He acted like the below average salary offered was the best he could do

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

There were 2 techinal rounds. First round was purely technical on java. Questions were on design patterns, oops concepts, collections,multithreading, rmi and webservices.
    They will ask the questions in the area you are expert with. Second round was technical and managerial.
    HR round happened on telephone

Interview Questions
    • Why RMI why not RPC?
      How a particular class gets loaded into memory?

Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

As Usual a telephonic, a face to face and with the manager of the project and salary negotiation.

Good

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2013.

Hiring process is very professional as expected.
    1. Written Test
    2. First Technical Discussion
    3. Second Technical Discussion,
    I dont know what is after this round, I was rejected in this round. Though this was a second technical round, there was not much technical in this round. I was given a array to find duplicates to using single loop which I completed and the question that I could not resolve in time was a - there are two buckets of 3 litre and 5 litre and how to fill the 5L bucket with 4L water. It took me time to think and could not finish in expected duration and may be this pushed me out.
    Though there could be another reason, my experience and interest is mostly into web development (I shared this during my discussion) and in my interview invitation e-mail they had just asked for .Net professionals however they were recruiting mainly for Windows based development platform. I don't understand why even big companies cant be clear and specific in their requirement of correct candidature.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to input an integer and return its Roman value.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

It depends on the position you apply for, but the selection process is similar to the other IT companies like Infy or TCS.

Consultancy involvement