HCL Technologies Technical Lead Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process went on with 3rd round. 1st was a telephonic and F2F in which i went to Hyderabad HCL, HR confereced to chennai team. On monday i got call from HR saying i was selected and discussed about Salary negiotations. the process on July 24th & ends by July 28th. Still I have not received offer letter

Interview Questions

• why team is not giving response to my email/phone call?   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2015.

Interview

3 step process: 1. Technical round on primary skill sets 2. Technical round on primary skill sets 3. Client Round (Technical) concentrated on design approach and communication skills. If you had above rounds over telephone then you will be asked to come down to HCL Technologies office for a formal / HR discussion. As per their policy there should be at least one F2F round interview. Background verification is strictly followed, and you will be asked to fill and send couple of documents which would take at least 3 hours to fill. Offer may be released in 2 to 3 weeks post clearing of all rounds.

Interview Questions

• They start with basics in first round and then dive deep into 2nd and 3rd technical rounds.   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Having an experience of more than 7 years, I got a call from a recruiter for a tech lead position. I was made to go through the walk-in process, which was a turn off. Anyways proceeded with it. The first written test was of 30 mins and 3 very simple questions were asked. But the written test checkers are severely technical deficient and don't check the solutions by actually coding them. I have written questions in the next section.

Interview Questions

• 1. reversing a linked list - didn't bother to write down the recursive solution, a single iteration is enough too(if we take pointer to pointer to head). 2. singleton pattern implementation. nothing wrong in that. 3. difference between const char* p & char const *p   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through job portal. 5 rounds of interview. 1. Telephonic: Based on your resume. Mostly questions from domain. Some programming questions from C/C++. 2. F2F Technical Deep into technical details from the domain. 4 to 5 programs to write in C. Some C++ questions as well. Focus more on the programming 3. F2F Technical Manager Most questions on the process followed and the challenges you faced in the work. Some basic C questions. 4. F2F DU Head Some HR type of questions. Like why you want to leave current company. What are the exceptions from HCL. Lasted for 10 minutes only. 5. HR interview Simply package negotiation. Nothing else.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

1 Technical, 1 Manager and HR round. Need to be strong on Core Java and Frameworks. Interview process will be completed in 1 day if its walk in and offer will be released within week.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2014.

Interview

Though it was a scheduled interview, where I have been asked to visit the office at 09:30 AM, when I reached the Bangalore Surya Sapphire, It was arranged in parking basement, with around 600-700 people already gathered. And everyone was rushed towards counters made according to the experience level. After waiting for around 3 hours, first interview happened. Basic questions, about previous experience, mediocre level questions. Felt, guy interviewing was not that much competent to take interview for 8 yrs experienced. Was through easily and moved to next levels. Next level was Managerial, Just the guy asked about, If I am open to work in shifts, travelling, weekend working, previous work experience, open for production support etc.All this I answereed easily with confidence. After again waiting for further 3 hours HR round happened, by this time only 30-40 people were waiting as it was already 06:00 pm. HR just asked when can I join, expected salary, and she got agreed for 30% hike not more than that. I could say, interview rounds were not difficult, but planning was poor, no food, only snacks counter just selling cookies and namkeens. Many people were kept on waiting without knowing, whether they are through or they are rejected. Atleast they should clarify the people, so rejected guys can go back their home, if not selected. After this, offer letter took around one month to reach me.

Interview Questions

• All were easy, Interviewer for technical round was not that much competent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked more thant 30 % hike, but HR was not willing to go beyond 30% hike, which was decent for me as i swithched only after 1.5 yrs so in two years I got more than 100% hike.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

There is one round of technical interview and one round of HR discussion. Most of the questions are standard and for some questions they have asked me to write code. Interview planning and scheduling were went very punctual.

Interview Questions

• Questions from design patterns are little bit scenario based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have got what i was expecting.good.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Two rounds of telephonic and HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered what I asked

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

I have exp on .NET, SSIS, SSRS so they took on SSIS & SSRS position. I attended interview in Chennai First round was technical and second on managerial round Finally they called me for HR.