HCL Technologies

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.5

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions
  • No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Interview process went on with 3rd round. 1st was a telephonic and F2F in which i went to Hyderabad HCL, HR confereced to chennai team. On monday i got call from HR saying i was selected and discussed about Salary negiotations. the process on July 24th & ends by July 28th. Still I have not received offer letter

Interview Questions
    • why team is not giving response to my email/phone call?   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Having an experience of more than 7 years, I got a call from a recruiter for a tech lead position. I was made to go through the walk-in process, which was a turn off. Anyways proceeded with it. The first written test was of 30 mins and 3 very simple questions were asked. But the written test checkers are severely technical deficient and don't check the solutions by actually coding them. I have written questions in the next section.

Interview Questions
    • 1. reversing a linked list - didn't bother to write down the recursive solution, a single iteration is enough too(if we take pointer to pointer to head).
      2. singleton pattern implementation. nothing wrong in that.
      3. difference between const char* p & char const *p

View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Applied through job portal. 5 rounds of interview.

1. Telephonic:
    Based on your resume. Mostly questions from domain. Some programming questions from C/C++.

2. F2F Technical
    Deep into technical details from the domain. 4 to 5 programs to write in C. Some C++ questions as well. Focus more on the programming

3. F2F Technical Manager
    Most questions on the process followed and the challenges you faced in the work. Some basic C questions.

4. F2F DU Head
    Some HR type of questions. Like why you want to leave current company. What are the exceptions from HCL. Lasted for 10 minutes only.

5. HR interview
    Simply package negotiation. Nothing else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

1 Technical, 1 Manager and HR round. Need to be strong on Core Java and Frameworks. Interview process will be completed in 1 day if its walk in and offer will be released within week.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2014.

Though it was a scheduled interview, where I have been asked to visit the office at 09:30 AM, when I reached the Bangalore Surya Sapphire, It was arranged in parking basement, with around 600-700 people already gathered. And everyone was rushed towards counters made according to the experience level. After waiting for around 3 hours, first interview happened. Basic questions, about previous experience, mediocre level questions. Felt, guy interviewing was not that much competent to take interview for 8 yrs experienced. Was through easily and moved to next levels.
    Next level was Managerial, Just the guy asked about, If I am open to work in shifts, travelling, weekend working, previous work experience, open for production support etc.All this I answereed easily with confidence.
    After again waiting for further 3 hours HR round happened, by this time only 30-40 people were waiting as it was already 06:00 pm. HR just asked when can I join, expected salary, and she got agreed for 30% hike not more than that.
    I could say, interview rounds were not difficult, but planning was poor, no food, only snacks counter just selling cookies and namkeens.
    Many people were kept on waiting without knowing, whether they are through or they are rejected. Atleast they should clarify the people, so rejected guys can go back their home, if not selected.

After this, offer letter took around one month to reach me.

Interview Questions
    • All were easy, Interviewer for technical round was not that much competent.   Answer Question
    I asked more thant 30 % hike, but HR was not willing to go beyond 30% hike, which was decent for me as i swithched only after 1.5 yrs so in two years I got more than 100% hike.

Technical Lead Interview

There is one round of technical interview and one round of HR discussion.
    Most of the questions are standard and for some questions they have asked me to write code.
    Interview planning and scheduling were went very punctual.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from design patterns are little bit scenario based.   Answer Question
    I have got what i was expecting.good.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Two rounds of telephonic and HR round

They offered what I asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2013.

I have exp on .NET, SSIS, SSRS so they took on SSIS & SSRS position.
    I attended interview in Chennai
    First round was technical and second on managerial round
    Finally they called me for HR.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2013.

2 rounds of technical rounds+1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • simple questions asked. most of the questions was related to the current projects.   Answer Question
    follow the industry standard