HCR ManorCare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Therapist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Brief phone interview to verify application information. In person interview at facility with tour. General interview questions. Wanted to make sure position was a good fit for candidate and facility.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in February 2015.

Interview process took a short amount of time and was very non threating. I spoke with HR person and then I was interviewed at building and then I was interviewed on the phone by regional director. I was then called and offered job by the HR director. At that time I was asked to go through a background check and a drug test which the HR department arranged for me.

Data Entry/Customer Service Saint Louis Missouri Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

I applied on line for an administrative Assistant position, was interviewed on line via Yahoo IM. Very Strange. I let them know I was not comfortable working with people I never see. Still they offered me a position.

no negotiation

Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in January 2015.

the interview was very quick amd easy. They mostly did all of the talking. It was the manager and someone from HR that interviewed me. They wanted to know how much time I had on my hand since I am still in school, asked me about my administrative background, and wanted to know how I would handle a critical situation.

LPTA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Simple and straight forward. General questions especially the expected" where do you want to be in 10 years." No general knowledge or skills questions. More of a meet and greet and tour of facility. DOR listed expectations and productivity goals. All documentation needs to be point of service. Very difficult for the hands on therapist.

Virtually none. DOR has no power to increase salary other than offer you what the company predetermines.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in November 2014.

I iwas nterviewed for an Administrator position with five different people, this included, a Nurse recruiter, Administrator, Regional Director of Operations, Marketing, Director, and General Manager. Furthermore, I was asked to take a Personality Index, Test, and provide five references. The whole processes took over two months. I was given positive feedback and each time reassured I was one of two final candidates.
    After about 10 weeks, I received a call from the Regional Director stating; they were “restructuring and trying to figure out what exactly the needs of the facility were and would call me in the next few weeks.” I found this to be extremely unprofessional and a clear breakdown in management’s process. It is quite evident that the company has no regard for a potential candidates time.

NOTE: They never actually hired anyone for the position…

Licensed Practical Nurse Nurse Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in November 2014.

Outside company referred me. Interview process took about a week. Drug testing references checked. A series of questions: what is abuse, If you see abuse what would you do, Tell me about a time you tried to do something and failed, What is a hoyer lift used for, how many people should operate a hoyer lift.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they have a pay scale they use. It also goes by experience.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in October 2014.

There were two interviews where first the Director of Nursing asks you about supervisory skills, experiences and past challenges. Should the interviewee pass the first interview, he/she is then called back for a second interview with the Executive Director (ED) of the Facility, to be asked more in depth questions about past experiences and skills. At this point the interviewee will be able to ask questions about the job, and will also receive a description of job duties. Should the ED decide to hire interviewee, the future employee will have to meet with Human Resources Rep to submit paperwork (State nursing license, CPR card, id, social security, W-2 Form, Hepatitis paperwork, Fingerprint/Background FBI check voided check for direct deposit, CE requirements completion certificates if applicable, and any acquired certificates i.e.. IV Phlebotomy, Wound VAC cert.)

Interview Questions
    • Name one time where you had to reprimand a good caregiver for a bad mistake, and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Hospice Chaplain Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Very comfortable interview with four persons. They as question that I felt was easy to answer and they provided good feed back to my questions. Those involved in the interview was very welcoming and friendly. The work environment was very professional and the actual office space was average decor. Most staff work in a office pool area where it is shared office space. Field staff doesn't have there own space.

Very good.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in August 2014.

3 total. Phone Screen, then one face to face with Administrator then one final with Regional. Asked personality-type questions (i.e. type 'A'). Gave scenarios on what has or could happen, and asked what we would do in that situation, etc

Interview Questions
    Easy, but they offered cap-out, so countering was not an option