HCR ManorCare Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.4

Hospice Chaplain Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Very comfortable interview with four persons. They as question that I felt was easy to answer and they provided good feed back to my questions. Those involved in the interview was very welcoming and friendly. The work environment was very professional and the actual office space was average decor. Most staff work in a office pool area where it is shared office space. Field staff doesn't have there own space.

Very good.

SLP Interview

Recruitment, interview with Director of rehab

Interview Questions
    • pretty basic, wants to know that you are knowledgable in your field and in the ins and outs of insurances.   Answer Question
    They try to work with you.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

I applied in person and met with HR that day. I had just a few minutes to say hello and put a face to the name on the app/resume. HR was personable and asked pertinent questions, as well as letting me know how the hiring process worked there. I had a full length interview the following week with the DNS and HR. A few days later HR phoned to offer the position and we met again to finalize and negotiate pay. I was hired but had to wait for scheduling to orient.The nurses I worked with were welcoming and intelligent, hard working .

Interview Questions
    I had researched the company and knew the pay range for my position so negotiating went well.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

The interviewing process took place entirely over the phone, and everyone was very accommodating. I believe I spoke with 3 people - two of them at least twice - at pre-determined times and dates arranged to everyone's convenience. If I remember correctly, I was actually hired over the phone due to long-distance interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • It was the generally expected "What is your area of weakness?"   Answer Question

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

There was one interview with the Marketing Manager. There was a second interview with the Director of Admissions and Administrator.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many difficult questions. They are looking for someone who likes sales.   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in December 2013.

I was floored by how nice and fast the entire process was. I got a call within a week about an open position, had my interview the next day, and started orientation within two weeks. The whole team at Manor care was very welcoming even before I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic questions you would expect for a CNA interview such as, "tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision" "tell me about a time you used team work"   Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Administrative Services Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCR ManorCare.

When hired I only had one interview with the Administrator, but that was before the building was even open. Now we doa two step interview with every applicant that is qualified.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you tried your best and failed?" I guess no one likes to admit failure.   Answer Question
    Very easy, since corporate mandates the salary and all.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

I submitted my application online using their website. The online process is relatively similar to other companies and fairly easy to use. I was contacted a little over a month later for a phone interview; however, I was not given the opportunity to schedule it at another time. The RHRM just started in with his questions. I was told at the end of the phone conversation I would be contacted "if I was selected as a candidate to be pursued." I was contacted about 2 weeks later to schedule an in-person interview, which I attended. Although I had completed an online application, I was required to fill out a paper version as well. Completing the paper application, taking a tour of the facility, and being interviewed by both the Administrator and the RHRM lasted approximately 2 hours. I was contacted about 2 weeks later and was offered the position. I was sent some forms to complete via email, which I completed and returned. I had to be scheduled for a drug screen immediately, which was a little inconvenient but understandable, and a fingerprint screen. I also had my background checked. More than a month after accepting the position and completing the screening steps, I was contacted and given my orientation date. I was not given the opportunity to choose my own start date.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were typical, behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCR ManorCare in September 2013.

HR person was very nice and helpful! I was interviewed by both HR director and the DON. The DON had a couple of clinical questions pertaining to prioritizing emergency situations and decision making. I was asked how I would deal with two emergencies at the same time. I was asked a couple of questions about working with difficult co-workers. I was taken on a tour of the facility and then offered a position. They allowed me to pick from several open positions. I was given instructions on how to obtain my physical and drug screen and then had the first step of a two step PPD done on site. Before leaving I was scheduled for general orientation two weeks later as I had to have my PPD and background check completed before beginning orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me is, "what are your weaknesses?". I still don't know how to answer that question appropriately. Good luck!   View Answer
    Do not settle for the starting rate! Trust me, you will be working harder here than anywhere else in the area and everywhere else pays much more!

RN Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

interviewed at HCR ManorCare in September 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call that my application was incomplete, so I faxed it directly to them. Received an email the following day that they were considering other people for the job. Then 2 days later, I received a call from HR, requesting an interview. I had one interview with the DNS, and received a phone call about one week later from HR, offering me the job. I went in to sign papers a couple days later, and was scheduled for Orientation the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer actually did most of the talking. She talked about the difficulties they had had in the past and the ways they were working on making improvements. She asked about my previous long-term care experience, how many patients I took care of, and why I quit. I can't recall any difficult questions. It was a surprisingly easy interview.   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer. There were no negotiations.