HCR ManorCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Certified Nursing Assistant
Whitehall, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was floored by how nice and fast the entire process was. I got a call within a week about an open position, had my interview the next day, and started orientation within two weeks. The whole team at Manor care was very welcoming even before I was hired on.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic questions you would expect for a CNA interview such as, "tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision" "tell me about a time you used team work"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in February 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring can be lengthy . It takes times to get background check and license verified. The door are open to every applicants. Interview process is best way to challenge applicants for getting job offers.

Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor
Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired 7 years ago so what I can remember may be somewhat vauge. It was a basic interview about my previous work history. A few basic nursing questions " who can answer a call light " sorta thing. Dress nicely and do not wear scrubs. Just be outgoing and relaxed and you should have no problem. They will hire new nurses as well.

Interview Question – there were no technical questions   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse
Lebanon, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR director kept putting off starting the hiring process. Once he finally started the process I was interviewed by the scheduler and given a brief tour of facility. All standard questions were asked. Why I wanted to work there, what my strongest skill set was, how would I benefit the company etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. They simply tell you what the starting pay rate is for the job you apply for and you either accept it or you don't

Resident Caregiver Interview

Resident Caregiver

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for position online. Called within 3 days for a interview. Interviewed by the DON/RN. She was very friendly and asked a series of senerio questions and about my personal experience and explained what type of care I will provide.

Interview Question – She asked approx. 6 questions. None of which seemed hard or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

SLP Interview

SLP

Interviewed at HCR ManorCare

Interview Details – Recruitment, interview with Director of rehab

Interview Question – pretty basic, wants to know that you are knowledgable in your field and in the ins and outs of insurances.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They try to work with you.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview Details – I applied in person and met with HR that day. I had just a few minutes to say hello and put a face to the name on the app/resume. HR was personable and asked pertinent questions, as well as letting me know how the hiring process worked there. I had a full length interview the following week with the DNS and HR. A few days later HR phoned to offer the position and we met again to finalize and negotiate pay. I was hired but had to wait for scheduling to orient.The nurses I worked with were welcoming and intelligent, hard working .

Interview Question – The questions were very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had researched the company and knew the pay range for my position so negotiating went well.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Speech Language Pathologist

I applied online and interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview Details – The interviewing process took place entirely over the phone, and everyone was very accommodating. I believe I spoke with 3 people - two of them at least twice - at pre-determined times and dates arranged to everyone's convenience. If I remember correctly, I was actually hired over the phone due to long-distance interviewing.

Interview Question – It was the generally expected "What is your area of weakness?"   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in September 2013.

Interview Details – HR person was very nice and helpful! I was interviewed by both HR director and the DON. The DON had a couple of clinical questions pertaining to prioritizing emergency situations and decision making. I was asked how I would deal with two emergencies at the same time. I was asked a couple of questions about working with difficult co-workers. I was taken on a tour of the facility and then offered a position. They allowed me to pick from several open positions. I was given instructions on how to obtain my physical and drug screen and then had the first step of a two step PPD done on site. Before leaving I was scheduled for general orientation two weeks later as I had to have my PPD and background check completed before beginning orientation.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me is, "what are your weaknesses?". I still don't know how to answer that question appropriately. Good luck!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not settle for the starting rate! Trust me, you will be working harder here than anywhere else in the area and everywhere else pays much more!

RN Supervisor Interview

RN Supervisor
Lacey, WA

I interviewed at HCR ManorCare in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call that my application was incomplete, so I faxed it directly to them. Received an email the following day that they were considering other people for the job. Then 2 days later, I received a call from HR, requesting an interview. I had one interview with the DNS, and received a phone call about one week later from HR, offering me the job. I went in to sign papers a couple days later, and was scheduled for Orientation the following week.

Interview Question – The interviewer actually did most of the talking. She talked about the difficulties they had had in the past and the ways they were working on making improvements. She asked about my previous long-term care experience, how many patients I took care of, and why I quit. I can't recall any difficult questions. It was a surprisingly easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very pleased with the offer. There were no negotiations.

Worked for HCR ManorCare? Contribute to the Community!