HCR ManorCare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.4

Resident Caregiver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in October 2010.

Very confusing. Very disorganized. When I walked in there, I noticed residents everywhere. I did not know that is what they did with them because when I did clinicals at a different nursing/rehabilitation home, I noticed that they had every resident doing something productive so I had assumed thats what most places were like that. It was kind of a shock.

There was none.

Hospice Chaplain Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Very comfortable interview with four persons. They as question that I felt was easy to answer and they provided good feed back to my questions. Those involved in the interview was very welcoming and friendly. The work environment was very professional and the actual office space was average decor. Most staff work in a office pool area where it is shared office space. Field staff doesn't have there own space.

Very good.

RN Nurse Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in August 2013.

I met with the director of nursing one time them on another day I met with the human resource person. Four weeks later I stated work. The questions were expected and the usual with no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected no surprises with the interview.   Answer Question
    I received my vacation that was already scheduled prior to hire.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitehall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in December 2013.

I was floored by how nice and fast the entire process was. I got a call within a week about an open position, had my interview the next day, and started orientation within two weeks. The whole team at Manor care was very welcoming even before I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic questions you would expect for a CNA interview such as, "tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision" "tell me about a time you used team work"   Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in February 2013.

Hiring can be lengthy . It takes times to get background check and license verified. The door are open to every applicants. Interview process is best way to challenge applicants for getting job offers.

Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willoughby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in January 2010.

I was hired 7 years ago so what I can remember may be somewhat vauge. It was a basic interview about my previous work history. A few basic nursing questions " who can answer a call light " sorta thing. Dress nicely and do not wear scrubs. Just be outgoing and relaxed and you should have no problem. They will hire new nurses as well.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in July 2010.

HR director kept putting off starting the hiring process. Once he finally started the process I was interviewed by the scheduler and given a brief tour of facility. All standard questions were asked. Why I wanted to work there, what my strongest skill set was, how would I benefit the company etc.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase. They simply tell you what the starting pay rate is for the job you apply for and you either accept it or you don't

Resident Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at HCR ManorCare in March 2013.

Applied for position online. Called within 3 days for a interview. Interviewed by the DON/RN. She was very friendly and asked a series of senerio questions and about my personal experience and explained what type of care I will provide.

Interview Questions
    • She asked approx. 6 questions. None of which seemed hard or unexpected.   Answer Question
    N/A

SLP Interview

Recruitment, interview with Director of rehab

Interview Questions
    • pretty basic, wants to know that you are knowledgable in your field and in the ins and outs of insurances.   Answer Question
    They try to work with you.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

I applied in person and met with HR that day. I had just a few minutes to say hello and put a face to the name on the app/resume. HR was personable and asked pertinent questions, as well as letting me know how the hiring process worked there. I had a full length interview the following week with the DNS and HR. A few days later HR phoned to offer the position and we met again to finalize and negotiate pay. I was hired but had to wait for scheduling to orient.The nurses I worked with were welcoming and intelligent, hard working .

Interview Questions
    I had researched the company and knew the pay range for my position so negotiating went well.

Worked for HCR ManorCare? Contribute to the Community!