HCSC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview set-up. Hiring manager called promptly. Interested heavily in project management skills. Hiring manager interacted well. Scheduled call for 30 minutes, went much longer at 45 minutes. Information at Glassdoor provided information for me to interview the hiring manager on the company. At the end I wasn't interested in the position or the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you estimate project resource costs.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process began with a phone interview, followed by some in-person testing, then an in-person interview. The questions seemed to be rote and similar in both the phone and in-person interview. The company uses behavioral questions and the interviewers asked me very little about myself. There was very little sense of them trying to determine whether I could do the job or if we'd be a good fit for each other.

Ultimately, I did not get the job, although after the interviews I wasn't certain I would accept an offer anyway. After all the time I took out of my schedule to interview and test, they sent me a form email from HR telling me I didn't get the job. To me, that just confirmed my ill feelings about this company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked was really out of the ordinary, but what was unexpected was how rote the questions were. They were literally read off a long document.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Be sure to bring extra copies of your resume. Print it on quality neutral color paper, if you're able to do so. Be prepared to answer questions about your future goals, as well as strengths & weaknesses.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received e-mail from recruiter with questions to answer. Met with recruiter during job fair and she said an interview within several weeks. 7 months later and no interview. Recruiter won't even reply to my e-mails.

HCSC is a really unprofessional firm. Their people are disorganized and make empty promises to you. Terrible attitude, terrible company.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

I exchanged around 50 emails with the recruiter and HR. Conducted an initial 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter, another longer interview with HR, and finally a phone interview with the GC. At the last interview, I was told that I was among the final candidates, and that I was to wait for a schedule for a face-to-face interview. A few weeks later, after several follow-up calls and emails went ignored, I received a form email, with my name misspelled and all lower case, letting me know that I was not selected for the job. I have never dealt with a more unprofessional or worse-organized bunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Eventually got a job, but had several interviews and most often interviewing managers were not prepared, 75% of the time they have someone in mind already.
    What you need to know from a long time veteran

Leadership openings 75% or more of the time they have someone already in mind
    Sr professional level 50% of the time they have someone in mind, but be prepared by understanding the work involved, and convey your ability to get the job done.
    Great place for entry or mid level jobs.
    Recommendations help at HCSC.

Negotiation

It was a good offer, plus I was an internal candidate, they do not negotiate much with internal candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews with SMEs before selection

Interview Questions

• What would you like to accomplish in the first 90 days in the position?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

One interview, first meeting was with hr representative, then the following meeting right after was with two underwriting managers. Asked me variety of questions: strengths, weaknesses, how would approach situation x or y. Mostly behavioral and analytic questions. Each meeting took about 30 minutes each and heard back about two weeks later.

Information Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HCSC (Naperville, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

My personal first and only impression of, Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) /Hallmark Service Corporation, is that they are not professional.

I had two interviews (Subsidiary/Hallmark Services Corp) totaling more 3.5 hours of my time, and not once did they ever give me any feedback, either by email or phone. If I was truly one of their finalists, as the hiring manager said, you’d think they would have the class and corporate professionalism to inform the applicant when they have made a decision on a candidate. You would think the Hiring Manager would see to this as a professional courtesy to the applicant.

Interview Questions

• All questions were average for me since I have been doing the job for more than 15 years   1 Answer

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR to set up in person interview. Had a 1 hour interview with hiring manager and another manager. Briefly met the Director.
    The interview was pretty relaxed, no difficult questions, it was more conversational. Had good rapport with the people I spoke with. Beautiful office and great location right off of Lake Shore Drive. Great views from the offices.
    Sent an e-mail after 2 weeks asking for status. Heard back immediately that the interviewing process would soon be complete. Received an e-mail a week later stating that I was not selected.