HCSC

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.8

Senior QA Specialist Interview

Strategic Planning, Performance Driven, Effective Speaking, Writing, Listening, Responding, and Questioning. Analytical and Organized.
    Designing and Executing Test Cases/Scripts (Manual and Automaton), Regression and End-to-End
    Reporting/Tracking Defects
    Linking Requirements and Defects to Test Cases for traceability
    Utilizing HP Quality Center tool for Requirements, Testing and, defects
    SDM process

Interview Questions
    • 1. The BA Role: Has it really changed in the last 15 years and how?
      2. Does a Business Analyst have a role to play in innovation?

View Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at HCSC.

Sluggish at best - it took 8 months from initial application to first and second interview, and then it was an immediate hire. I had interviewers who knew how to interview well; the concentration was on people skills, but that was why I was being hired - my IT skills were secondary.

HCSC has extremely poor training programs so the quality of your interview is most likely going to be determined by what the interviewer already knew - so most questions are likely to be run-of-the-mill as HCSC seems to mostly hire friends, relatives, and professional acquaintances of its employees. Contracting is a great way to get your foot in the door, but it is by far no guarantee.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make and carry through the decision to fire someone   Answer Question
    They weren't negotiating anything.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC.

Process began with a phone interview, followed by some in-person testing, then an in-person interview. The questions seemed to be rote and similar in both the phone and in-person interview. The company uses behavioral questions and the interviewers asked me very little about myself. There was very little sense of them trying to determine whether I could do the job or if we'd be a good fit for each other.

Ultimately, I did not get the job, although after the interviews I wasn't certain I would accept an offer anyway. After all the time I took out of my schedule to interview and test, they sent me a form email from HR telling me I didn't get the job. To me, that just confirmed my ill feelings about this company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was really out of the ordinary, but what was unexpected was how rote the questions were. They were literally read off a long document.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HCSC.

Too many interviews. Very few technical questions. Long waiting time to get feedback or response. Asking same questions just paraphrasing each time. Felt like the interview board already have a candidate selected. Interview Board does not explain the progress in career path.

Interview Questions
    • Asked make up a difficult scenario and explain how to solve the issue. Asking irrelevant questions to a job seeker in information technology .   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC.

Be sure to bring extra copies of your resume. Print it on quality neutral color paper, if you're able to do so. Be prepared to answer questions about your future goals, as well as strengths & weaknesses.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC.

Applied online and received e-mail from recruiter with questions to answer. Met with recruiter during job fair and she said an interview within several weeks. 7 months later and no interview. Recruiter won't even reply to my e-mails.

HCSC is a really unprofessional firm. Their people are disorganized and make empty promises to you. Terrible attitude, terrible company.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCSC in February 2014.

The job I applied for was posted with a closing date of Feb 11th. On Feb 14th I received a call asking if I was still interested in the position as they wanted to offer an interview. The interview was scheduled for Feb 19th. One week and a day later, a member of Talent Acquisition called to offer me the position. I was very impressed with the, what was to me a quick response.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview questions were not difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was offered a salary amount pending background check.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I exchanged around 50 emails with the recruiter and HR. Conducted an initial 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter, another longer interview with HR, and finally a phone interview with the GC. At the last interview, I was told that I was among the final candidates, and that I was to wait for a schedule for a face-to-face interview. A few weeks later, after several follow-up calls and emails went ignored, I received a form email, with my name misspelled and all lower case, letting me know that I was not selected for the job. I have never dealt with a more unprofessional or worse-organized bunch.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HCSC.

No comment

Interview Questions
    • Moderately difficult. I went through 3 rounds of technical interviews when I first joined the company.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCSC.

The process was very professional. Initial communication with HR was through email, then went through a 2 part interview process (in office then on the phone).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to give bad news to an Executive?   Answer Question