HD Supply

Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Manager Interview

Distribution Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial screen is by phone with an HR representative who likely works out of a different office. Second interview is usually in person with whomever will be your direct supervisor, followed by another with both him/her and their boss. This occurs within a two week span, and are structured with questions appropriate to your level. Know your history.

Interview Question – Nothing abstract, pretty straight forward: Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is better than average; no need to negotiate, in my case.

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview very comfortable in discussing experience in accordance to expectations. Company offers learning opportunities for advancement.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation were fair on both sides

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HD Supply in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interviews are pretty much behavioral in nature. They gave me one small business case to work on. 3 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – how can you improve operational efficiency of your team at your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Accepted what I got.

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and after about a week received a call to set up a phone screen. The same HR rep from corporate called back later and conducted the phone screen...."Why are you leaving current job?" "What relevant experience?" "How often is it ok to call in sick?" etc.
Then I received a call several days later for a face to face with the asst mgr. This consisted of him asking the same questions and filling in answers on a form as well as some basic question and answer.
He said the mgr would review and call people back in the next week.
Got a call the next week and set up interview for the following morning. Talked with the manager a little about background and experience went over my resume then took a tour of the warehouse and he explained the job. At this point the interview was more of an attempt to get me to loosen up a little I think and see how I would fit in. We talked a little and I was feeling nervous but asking questions and trying to picture how the job would work. Eventually he said that he had one more interview and that I would probably get a call the next day to finish up.
Haven't heard from them since then.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Director, Compensation Interview

Director, Compensation
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HD Supply in August 2009.

Interview Details – Cool and distant. Almost like they just wanted to talk about the bad parts of the company and screen people out. Very negative. I didn't even send a thank you to the recruiter.

Interview Question – Previous Salary?   View Answer

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!