HD Supply Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.4

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed about a week later to conduct a phone interview. After i passed the phone interview I had to submit an online reference to send to 5 professional and personal references where they had to answer a series of questions about me. Then I was selected to conduct a 2 hour, face to face interview with the recruiting team, to include some over the phone with the West Coast recruiters. After my interview i sent a thank you email to the team and have heard NOTHING. I even emailed the lead recruiter and she still has not responded and it has been over a month since my interview. I think it would be common courtesy to at least respond with a no thank you, or we are still in the process of our selections. They even reposted the position which i took as a "no thank you", but human decency would to at least send out an automated "thank you but no thank you". This has left a very bad impression on this company and I'm not sure I would want to work for a company that can't even be courteous to respond within a month.

Interview Questions

HD Supply Response

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience as we value our broader talent community and maintain a consistent practice of following up with all ... More

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews which could have been better streamlined. Met with three different levels of management on three different interview days. The whole process seemed unorganized and all of the interviews could have been done all on the same visit had it been planned better. However, the days/times were flexible so it worked out fine.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HD Supply (Norcross, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Creative Director spent a lot of time hyping up the position, emphasizing how exciting an opportunity this is. Little to no questions about my portfolio or work experience. A lot of "blue-skying".

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with executive level associates?   1 Answer

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial screen is by phone with an HR representative who likely works out of a different office. Second interview is usually in person with whomever will be your direct supervisor, followed by another with both him/her and their boss. This occurs within a two week span, and are structured with questions appropriate to your level. Know your history.

Interview Questions

• Nothing abstract, pretty straight forward: Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is better than average; no need to negotiate, in my case.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Norcross, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online and after about a week received a call to set up a phone screen. The same HR rep from corporate called back later and conducted the phone screen...."Why are you leaving current job?" "What relevant experience?" "How often is it ok to call in sick?" etc. Then I received a call several days later for a face to face with the asst mgr. This consisted of him asking the same questions and filling in answers on a form as well as some basic question and answer. He said the mgr would review and call people back in the next week. Got a call the next week and set up interview for the following morning. Talked with the manager a little about background and experience went over my resume then took a tour of the warehouse and he explained the job. At this point the interview was more of an attempt to get me to loosen up a little I think and see how I would fit in. We talked a little and I was feeling nervous but asking questions and trying to picture how the job would work. Eventually he said that he had one more interview and that I would probably get a call the next day to finish up. Haven't heard from them since then.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview very comfortable in discussing experience in accordance to expectations. Company offers learning opportunities for advancement.

Negotiation

Negotiation were fair on both sides

Director, Compensation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

Cool and distant. Almost like they just wanted to talk about the bad parts of the company and screen people out. Very negative. I didn't even send a thank you to the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

The interviews are pretty much behavioral in nature. They gave me one small business case to work on. 3 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• how can you improve operational efficiency of your team at your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Accepted what I got.