HD Supply Hardware Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at HD Supply Hardware Solutions

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply Hardware Solutions.

I applied for the position through the career website at my school: GA-Tech. A recruiter called me and wanted to start interviewing me. I told him that it was sort of a bad time and then asked him if it would be ok to talk the next day. We spoke the next day and then he scheduled me to come for an onsite interview a week later. After my first onsite interview, I was invited to come back to a second interview. After the second interview, they said they would contact me but two weeks went by and I did not hear back. So I contacted the recruiter and he replied by saying that I was still under consideration and that he would email me as soon as a decision was made. I waited another week and did not hear from them. I, then, went ahead and accepted an offer from a different company. I emailed the recruiter to tell him that I was dropping out of the process. I did not even bother to email me back. I thought they were really disrespectful of my time.

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HD Supply Hardware Solutions.

Interviewed by Manager then Director of Marketing, then introduced to co-workers. Asked about current projects which were mounted on the wall, and added a few suggestions like branding and color identity systems, and was met with friendly response and positive conclusion. I had a resume and cover letter that detailed everything I knew and could apply to the duties of the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a portfolio with much more creative projects than the company was going to offer, so the question was if I am prepared for the level of creativity that is going to be less than my skills I presented. And I replied that it is a great opportunity for growth, my interest is in being productive at all levels.   Answer Question

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply Hardware Solutions in July 2014.

I applied on line and got a call from the recruiter. We spoke about my past experience and I was told that I would be contacted my the district manager. I was and we met at a near by store. The interview was fairly straight forward and we discussed the job and the territory. I have experience in Home Depot working for other companies so I knew what to expect. I was told that a decision was to be made by the following week as there were two more interviews to complete.

I called to inquire a couple of days after the expected hiring date. I was told that no decision had been made. I called the following week, the manager was on military duty but he told me he would let me know the following week. I did not hear anything so I called again and was told the position had been filled.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HD Supply Hardware Solutions in March 2010.

2 interviews. Very easy. Not a lot of skill required to be hired on. You do not even need to know how to speak English. Must pass a math test to ensure that you can deal with numbers on a daily basis. Must also pass a background check and drug test.

Rep Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HD Supply Hardware Solutions in December 2010.

Basic questions about retail merchandising and field representative knowledge.