HD Supply Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The phone interviews were very informal. They are just testing to see if you are able to communicate well. Once through, the hiring process was pretty simple. Some things were confusing like setting up your 401k and health insurance. You pretty much have to figure that out on your own.

Information Security Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HD Supply in September 2014.

Was contacted through a 3rd-party recruiter; apparently this recruiter handles most of their IT staffing. I was contacted by the recruiter, met briefly with them at their office (for about 20 minutes) and then an onsite interview was setup all within a week. The actual hiring manager works from home and lives out of state, so the interview was conducted in the office of the CTO, with the hiring manager on the phone. The hiring manager spent the next 30 minutes essentially trying to find out how "passionate" I was about Information Security. From what I gathered, he spends the majority of his time, on and off work, obsessing about InfoSec, and expects his employees to be the same. This was punctuated by the question "Is Information Security a passion or a job?".

After this time, I guess I did not meet his expectations because he ran out of questions. Since I already saw where this was going, when asked if I had any questions, I said no, because I knew this interview was over.

At no time did they discuss the position or the company. Needless to say, I did not get the job, but after the way the interview went, and the vibe that I got from the hiring manger, I would not have accepted even if it was offered.

Interview Questions
    • This question has come up before in IT interviews, and annoys me. "What is your home network/setup like?" While I understand that there are a number of IT professionals that have killer home setups and like to have labs set up to perform testing or just to play around, not everyone can afford it. I fall into this category, and to be penalized because I cannot afford the super security playground that a corporate executive, making 6-figures, may have, is pure garbage.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HD Supply.

Phone interview. Easy questions: tell me about yourself, walk me through your experience. She went back a long way and asked me specifics about projects I had worked on 15+ years ago in the beginning of my career which is an indication of a micromanaging personality.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply.

1st interview with Branch Manager was easy had 3 phone interviews failry average. Interviewed with managers that worked out of state. Everyone was a male and very nice. Some were new to the company. Overall it was a positive experience. This was a few years ago. Lots of turnover here also. Little room for growth which wasn't really addressed in interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel to IL for training? I wasn't expecting to have to travel for training. Ended up training in house. No real hard questions   Answer Question

Analyst Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HD Supply in May 2014.

Got phone interview 8 days after I applied then 3 days later, I got face to face interview with 2 managers. They hardly look at you because they're busy reading the scenario questions and writing your answers.

Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Senior Sales and Use Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

This is the most insulting interview I have ever done. The hiring managers are unprofessional and think they are better than everyone else because of their years of experience. They advertise these positions almost every week/month. This tells you that there is obviously a problem with these people. I would rank this company and department as the worst place to work in Orlando, FL.

Interview Questions
    • Not even worth wasting time commenting on this experience. Just know that you will be wasting your time preparing and answering questions when you will get turned down. No one is a good fit.   Answer Question

IT Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply in February 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within two weeks. I was asked for an interview and met with the IT Lead in SATX and the IT Manager via Skype. Interview went well and was thoroughly informed of the duties and expectations of the position. I had the opportunity to speak with the off-site manager 1 on 1 and spoke frankly about the job.

Lead Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HD Supply.

Called in for scheduled interview. Then was called again to reschedule for a later time. I arrived at the interview only to find that the manager doing the interview was not prepared. He didn't have the right question format that he had been given. He also kept making excuses for some of the questions. Another employer came in during the interview to listen and ask a few questions also. Then that employee left for a while and then came back. The whole process seemed disorganized. This position has been advertised at least twice in the past year. Not surprised that it hasn't been filled properly. I am not implying that I should have received the position, but I have been to other interviews where the process was handled by HR first, then follow up interviews with employees.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain a time when I made mistakes on the job, and how it affected production.   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at HD Supply in January 2014.

Had an Initial Phone Interview with Hiring Manager and was asked if wanted schedule to come in for a person to person interview. Went to interview and was interviewed first by the Hiring Manager, then by direct supervisors and lastly by co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was probably something to the effect of "how have you overcome adversity in your work or personal life"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HD Supply in December 2013.

Submitted online resume and was called for a phone interview. Was determined that I wasn't qualified for this position

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe you are qualified for the position   View Answer