HD Supply

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Senior Sales and Use Tax Accountant Interview

Orlando, FL

Interviewed at HD Supply

Interview Details – This is the most insulting interview I have ever done. The hiring managers are unprofessional and think they are better than everyone else because of their years of experience. They advertise these positions almost every week/month. This tells you that there is obviously a problem with these people. I would rank this company and department as the worst place to work in Orlando, FL.

Interview Question – Not even worth wasting time commenting on this experience. Just know that you will be wasting your time preparing and answering questions when you will get turned down. No one is a good fit.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Carlisle, PA

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in May 2010.

Interview Details – submitted an application on-line and was contacted a few days later to go in for an interview. The interview went well and they requested a drug screen. after the results were finalized We set up a start date. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. The first day was all paperwork and some simple question and answer video stuff.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

IT Desktop Support Engineer Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within two weeks. I was asked for an interview and met with the IT Lead in SATX and the IT Manager via Skype. Interview went well and was thoroughly informed of the duties and expectations of the position. I had the opportunity to speak with the off-site manager 1 on 1 and spoke frankly about the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview very comfortable in discussing experience in accordance to expectations. Company offers learning opportunities for advancement.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation were fair on both sides

Lead Warehouse Associate Interview

North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – Called in for scheduled interview. Then was called again to reschedule for a later time. I arrived at the interview only to find that the manager doing the interview was not prepared. He didn't have the right question format that he had been given. He also kept making excuses for some of the questions. Another employer came in during the interview to listen and ask a few questions also. Then that employee left for a while and then came back. The whole process seemed disorganized. This position has been advertised at least twice in the past year. Not surprised that it hasn't been filled properly. I am not implying that I should have received the position, but I have been to other interviews where the process was handled by HR first, then follow up interviews with employees.

Interview Question – Asked to explain a time when I made mistakes on the job, and how it affected production.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online resume and was called for a phone interview. Was determined that I wasn't qualified for this position

Interview Question – Do you believe you are qualified for the position   View Answer

Director, Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – IT is a managed process with a defined way of doing things. First there is a phone interview by a recruiter for general information and vetting followed by a face to face and potentially a second round if the position warrants

Interview Question – there are not many technical questions; however they will want to know why you. what makes you different or what value are you going to add to the team.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – It was many many years ago. We mostly hire temp to perm and I had temped for 2 years with them begging me to take the job. I finally did when the company moved extremely close to my home.

Interview Question – There were none, this was over 14 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they told me the salary and I accepted. Great vacation, medical, bonus, pretty good package.

Manager DC Operations Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in July 2013.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with DC manager, met @ DC on site. Interviewer was very professional, casual and pleasant. Asked about 10 questions from a questionnaire provided by corporate HR. interview said he would get back with all candidates with 2 weeks. He did.

Interview Question – What do you do when your boss makes an unethical decision?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was on the phone. I was sent an e-mail asking when I would be available . As i responded I noticed that there were 20 interview times I could have chosen from. Having conducted training interviews myself. I was alarmed by these large numbers since typical most companies only interview 5-10 people before narrowing it down to 3-5 candidates for in person interview. When I finally got on the phone with the representative It felt very rushed and she seemed very uninterested . I was asked basic questions like tell me about your self and strengths and weakness. When I asked about the work environment I wasn't given very much feedback.The interview seemed to be just for legal purposes.

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected question . they were all pretty general   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HD Supply interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by HD Supply employees and interview candidates.