HD Supply

Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Manager Interview

Distribution Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial screen is by phone with an HR representative who likely works out of a different office. Second interview is usually in person with whomever will be your direct supervisor, followed by another with both him/her and their boss. This occurs within a two week span, and are structured with questions appropriate to your level. Know your history.

Interview Question – Nothing abstract, pretty straight forward: Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is better than average; no need to negotiate, in my case.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Easy questions: tell me about yourself, walk me through your experience. She went back a long way and asked me specifics about projects I had worked on 15+ years ago in the beginning of my career which is an indication of a micromanaging personality.

Interview Question – What are your salary requirements?   View Answer

Analyst Job Interview

Analyst Job
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HD Supply in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got phone interview 8 days after I applied then 3 days later, I got face to face interview with 2 managers. They hardly look at you because they're busy reading the scenario questions and writing your answers.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – 1st interview with Branch Manager was easy had 3 phone interviews failry average. Interviewed with managers that worked out of state. Everyone was a male and very nice. Some were new to the company. Overall it was a positive experience. This was a few years ago. Lots of turnover here also. Little room for growth which wasn't really addressed in interviews.

Interview Question – Can you travel to IL for training? I wasn't expecting to have to travel for training. Ended up training in house. No real hard questions   Answer Question

Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Senior Sales and Use Tax Accountant Interview

Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Senior Sales and Use Tax Accountant
Orlando, FL

Interviewed at HD Supply

Interview Details – This is the most insulting interview I have ever done. The hiring managers are unprofessional and think they are better than everyone else because of their years of experience. They advertise these positions almost every week/month. This tells you that there is obviously a problem with these people. I would rank this company and department as the worst place to work in Orlando, FL.

Interview Question – Not even worth wasting time commenting on this experience. Just know that you will be wasting your time preparing and answering questions when you will get turned down. No one is a good fit.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Carlisle, PA

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in May 2010.

Interview Details – submitted an application on-line and was contacted a few days later to go in for an interview. The interview went well and they requested a drug screen. after the results were finalized We set up a start date. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. The first day was all paperwork and some simple question and answer video stuff.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

IT Desktop Support Engineer Interview

IT Desktop Support Engineer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within two weeks. I was asked for an interview and met with the IT Lead in SATX and the IT Manager via Skype. Interview went well and was thoroughly informed of the duties and expectations of the position. I had the opportunity to speak with the off-site manager 1 on 1 and spoke frankly about the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HD Supply in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview very comfortable in discussing experience in accordance to expectations. Company offers learning opportunities for advancement.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation were fair on both sides

Lead Warehouse Associate Interview

Lead Warehouse Associate
North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview Details – Called in for scheduled interview. Then was called again to reschedule for a later time. I arrived at the interview only to find that the manager doing the interview was not prepared. He didn't have the right question format that he had been given. He also kept making excuses for some of the questions. Another employer came in during the interview to listen and ask a few questions also. Then that employee left for a while and then came back. The whole process seemed disorganized. This position has been advertised at least twice in the past year. Not surprised that it hasn't been filled properly. I am not implying that I should have received the position, but I have been to other interviews where the process was handled by HR first, then follow up interviews with employees.

Interview Question – Asked to explain a time when I made mistakes on the job, and how it affected production.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online - interviewed at HD Supply in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online resume and was called for a phone interview. Was determined that I wasn't qualified for this position

Interview Question – Do you believe you are qualified for the position   View Answer

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!