HD Supply Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Helpdesk Support, Level II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I just had a phone interview, but overall it was very well. The recruiter was very polite and professional and didn't waste my time. They were looking for a very specific type of candidate, which was heavy MAC skill related, and after we decided it was beneficial for both parties involved to seek another candidate the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with MAC related OS and application's and how often do you troubleshoot them on a consistent basis?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is very informal. Typically bring you in and ask a series of questions that every branch will ask. Very generic questions. Nothing tricky or special. Basically if you went to high school you should be able to answer these questions. They will describe the job a little more in detail and whether or not you can do it.

Interview Questions

• Can you perform your job functions? Can you drive a forklift? Can you follow directions?   Answer Question

Order Processor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

You get contacted by HR and have interview with supervisor or manager of Order Processing. It takes a little bit of time, but mostly you will get hired quicker if you have background in interiors or flooring as well as excessive computer knowledge. They use SAP program, which is the hardest to learn but mostly it's attention to detail that is the most beneficial for this position.

Interview Questions

• They would like to have a great knowledge of excel and computers, have some flooring experience but not required as well as great attention to detail while being interrupted.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HD Supply in January 2015.

Interview

After getting a call back from submitting my resume, I was scheduled for an interview at the warehouse here in Tampa, FL. The person giving the interview was also the night-shift leader. She was easy to talk to and never really asked typical interview questions, probably because she was not HR. I prepared much more than for what was needed in the interview and she explained more.

After we talked about the position and my qualifications for like 15 minutes, I was given a tour of the facility. It was pretty cool, and she had me talk to the other night shift leader while he was loading up a small-sized truck. Even the leader interviewing me ended up helping loading the truck for a few minutes and picked up some loose packaging on the floor. It was cool to see that the managers actually get their hands dirty.

After the tour, we went back to her office and talked for another 15 minutes. She asked if I was interested in the driving positions. Overall, I feel like the interview went well and we made a connection. After we parted ways and I went home, I even wrote here a customized thank you note. But I have not heard from her, and the interview was about two weeks ago. Also, the position has been posted again recently. I usually do well with interviews and dont understand why she has not contacted me. Even to tell me they are not interested lol. Its literally the least she could do is let me know instead of leaving me hanging and ignoring my email.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty breezy. The main question I had difficulty bouncing back from was explaining how I worked in supply but do not have certification on warehousing equipment like forklifts and stuff. No questions were difficult and the people were fairly easy to talk to.   Answer Question

HD Supply Response

Feb 13, 2015HR Leader

We are concerned to hear about your experience. We value our broader talent community, and we maintain a consistent practice of following up with all applicants who interview with us. Would you be ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

I was hired through a career fair at my school. The interview process consisted of an on campus interview, 2 phone interviews, and an on site interview with potential managers of different departments where you can possibly intern. I stayed in one meeting room while managers filtered in that had an interest in interviewing me for their department's specific internship. Everyone was very friendly and questions were a mix of behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing your previous employer would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews which could have been better streamlined. Met with three different levels of management on three different interview days. The whole process seemed unorganized and all of the interviews could have been done all on the same visit had it been planned better. However, the days/times were flexible so it worked out fine.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Completed the interview process in a couple of days after talking with the recruiter, hiring manager, and the hiring manager's boss. The questions were pretty straight forward and details were given about the role. An offer quickly followed, to which I was subject to a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• N/A - Standard situational questions and questions about your experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The phone interviews were very informal. They are just testing to see if you are able to communicate well. Once through, the hiring process was pretty simple. Some things were confusing like setting up your 401k and health insurance. You pretty much have to figure that out on your own.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HD Supply in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through a 3rd-party recruiter; apparently this recruiter handles most of their IT staffing. I was contacted by the recruiter, met briefly with them at their office (for about 20 minutes) and then an onsite interview was setup all within a week. The actual hiring manager works from home and lives out of state, so the interview was conducted in the office of the CTO, with the hiring manager on the phone. The hiring manager spent the next 30 minutes essentially trying to find out how "passionate" I was about Information Security. From what I gathered, he spends the majority of his time, on and off work, obsessing about InfoSec, and expects his employees to be the same. This was punctuated by the question "Is Information Security a passion or a job?".

After this time, I guess I did not meet his expectations because he ran out of questions. Since I already saw where this was going, when asked if I had any questions, I said no, because I knew this interview was over.

At no time did they discuss the position or the company. Needless to say, I did not get the job, but after the way the interview went, and the vibe that I got from the hiring manger, I would not have accepted even if it was offered.

Interview Questions

• This question has come up before in IT interviews, and annoys me. "What is your home network/setup like?" While I understand that there are a number of IT professionals that have killer home setups and like to have labs set up to perform testing or just to play around, not everyone can afford it. I fall into this category, and to be penalized because I cannot afford the super security playground that a corporate executive, making 6-figures, may have, is pure garbage.   Answer Question

Program Manager- IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

Typical phone screen, then I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The in person interviews consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews. All in total I spoke to about 8 people.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard interview type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was challenging. There is a pretty inept HR team at this company.