HD Supply Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.5

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed about a week later to conduct a phone interview. After i passed the phone interview I had to submit an online reference to send to 5 professional and personal references where they had to answer a series of questions about me. Then I was selected to conduct a 2 hour, face to face interview with the recruiting team, to include some over the phone with the West Coast recruiters. After my interview i sent a thank you email to the team and have heard NOTHING. I even emailed the lead recruiter and she still has not responded and it has been over a month since my interview. I think it would be common courtesy to at least respond with a no thank you, or we are still in the process of our selections. They even reposted the position which i took as a "no thank you", but human decency would to at least send out an automated "thank you but no thank you". This has left a very bad impression on this company and I'm not sure I would want to work for a company that can't even be courteous to respond within a month.

Interview Questions

HD Supply Response

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience as we value our broader talent community and maintain a consistent practice of following up with all ... More

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HD Supply (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Excessive; three face to face interviews followed by a skyp interview followed by a face to face at headquarters. All in all was good, except for the writen request. Was asked to write a simple introduction of myself as if I was introducing myself to my new team. However, afterwards I was not selected for the job because they really wanted a formal letter; that was not requested at the time I wrote my introduction.

Interview Questions

• Was I more technical or entrepreneurial   1 Answer

Helpdesk Support, Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I just had a phone interview, but overall it was very well. The recruiter was very polite and professional and didn't waste my time. They were looking for a very specific type of candidate, which was heavy MAC skill related, and after we decided it was beneficial for both parties involved to seek another candidate the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with MAC related OS and application's and how often do you troubleshoot them on a consistent basis?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is very informal. Typically bring you in and ask a series of questions that every branch will ask. Very generic questions. Nothing tricky or special. Basically if you went to high school you should be able to answer these questions. They will describe the job a little more in detail and whether or not you can do it.

Interview Questions

• Can you perform your job functions? Can you drive a forklift? Can you follow directions?   Answer Question

Order Processor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

You get contacted by HR and have interview with supervisor or manager of Order Processing. It takes a little bit of time, but mostly you will get hired quicker if you have background in interiors or flooring as well as excessive computer knowledge. They use SAP program, which is the hardest to learn but mostly it's attention to detail that is the most beneficial for this position.

Interview Questions

• They would like to have a great knowledge of excel and computers, have some flooring experience but not required as well as great attention to detail while being interrupted.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply (New Braunfels, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed through a staffing agency who met with me at a coffee shop near the office. I met with two members of the staffing agency, though only one of them spoke the entire time which was a little awkward.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past experience and how you would react in certain call center situations.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HD Supply in January 2015.

Interview

After getting a call back from submitting my resume, I was scheduled for an interview at the warehouse here in Tampa, FL. The person giving the interview was also the night-shift leader. She was easy to talk to and never really asked typical interview questions, probably because she was not HR. I prepared much more than for what was needed in the interview and she explained more. After we talked about the position and my qualifications for like 15 minutes, I was given a tour of the facility. It was pretty cool, and she had me talk to the other night shift leader while he was loading up a small-sized truck. Even the leader interviewing me ended up helping loading the truck for a few minutes and picked up some loose packaging on the floor. It was cool to see that the managers actually get their hands dirty. After the tour, we went back to her office and talked for another 15 minutes. She asked if I was interested in the driving positions. Overall, I feel like the interview went well and we made a connection. After we parted ways and I went home, I even wrote here a customized thank you note. But I have not heard from her, and the interview was about two weeks ago. Also, the position has been posted again recently. I usually do well with interviews and dont understand why she has not contacted me. Even to tell me they are not interested lol. Its literally the least she could do is let me know instead of leaving me hanging and ignoring my email.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty breezy. The main question I had difficulty bouncing back from was explaining how I worked in supply but do not have certification on warehousing equipment like forklifts and stuff. No questions were difficult and the people were fairly easy to talk to.   Answer Question

HD Supply Response

Feb 13, 2015 – HR Leader

We are concerned to hear about your experience. We value our broader talent community, and we maintain a consistent practice of following up with all applicants who interview with us. Would you be ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

I was hired through a career fair at my school. The interview process consisted of an on campus interview, 2 phone interviews, and an on site interview with potential managers of different departments where you can possibly intern. I stayed in one meeting room while managers filtered in that had an interest in interviewing me for their department's specific internship. Everyone was very friendly and questions were a mix of behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing your previous employer would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews which could have been better streamlined. Met with three different levels of management on three different interview days. The whole process seemed unorganized and all of the interviews could have been done all on the same visit had it been planned better. However, the days/times were flexible so it worked out fine.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Completed the interview process in a couple of days after talking with the recruiter, hiring manager, and the hiring manager's boss. The questions were pretty straight forward and details were given about the role. An offer quickly followed, to which I was subject to a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• N/A - Standard situational questions and questions about your experience   Answer Question