HD Supply

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HD Supply.

I was hired through a career fair at my school. The interview process consisted of an on campus interview, 2 phone interviews, and an on site interview with potential managers of different departments where you can possibly intern. I stayed in one meeting room while managers filtered in that had an interest in interviewing me for their department's specific internship. Everyone was very friendly and questions were a mix of behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing your previous employer would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Completed the interview process in a couple of days after talking with the recruiter, hiring manager, and the hiring manager's boss. The questions were pretty straight forward and details were given about the role. An offer quickly followed, to which I was subject to a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - Standard situational questions and questions about your experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The phone interviews were very informal. They are just testing to see if you are able to communicate well. Once through, the hiring process was pretty simple. Some things were confusing like setting up your 401k and health insurance. You pretty much have to figure that out on your own.

Information Security Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HD Supply in September 2014.

Was contacted through a 3rd-party recruiter; apparently this recruiter handles most of their IT staffing. I was contacted by the recruiter, met briefly with them at their office (for about 20 minutes) and then an onsite interview was setup all within a week. The actual hiring manager works from home and lives out of state, so the interview was conducted in the office of the CTO, with the hiring manager on the phone. The hiring manager spent the next 30 minutes essentially trying to find out how "passionate" I was about Information Security. From what I gathered, he spends the majority of his time, on and off work, obsessing about InfoSec, and expects his employees to be the same. This was punctuated by the question "Is Information Security a passion or a job?".

After this time, I guess I did not meet his expectations because he ran out of questions. Since I already saw where this was going, when asked if I had any questions, I said no, because I knew this interview was over.

At no time did they discuss the position or the company. Needless to say, I did not get the job, but after the way the interview went, and the vibe that I got from the hiring manger, I would not have accepted even if it was offered.

Interview Questions
    • This question has come up before in IT interviews, and annoys me. "What is your home network/setup like?" While I understand that there are a number of IT professionals that have killer home setups and like to have labs set up to perform testing or just to play around, not everyone can afford it. I fall into this category, and to be penalized because I cannot afford the super security playground that a corporate executive, making 6-figures, may have, is pure garbage.   Answer Question

Program Manager- IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HD Supply.

Typical phone screen, then I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The in person interviews consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews. All in total I spoke to about 8 people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard interview type questions.   Answer Question
    It was challenging. There is a pretty inept HR team at this company.

Shippin Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HD Supply.

hiring process was actually easy ..they mainly bring you in through a temporary service. normally after 90 days you become eligible for hire . for some it didn't take as lone

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question is probably committing to the long hours   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HD Supply.

Phone interview. Easy questions: tell me about yourself, walk me through your experience. She went back a long way and asked me specifics about projects I had worked on 15+ years ago in the beginning of my career which is an indication of a micromanaging personality.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HD Supply.

1st interview with Branch Manager was easy had 3 phone interviews failry average. Interviewed with managers that worked out of state. Everyone was a male and very nice. Some were new to the company. Overall it was a positive experience. This was a few years ago. Lots of turnover here also. Little room for growth which wasn't really addressed in interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel to IL for training? I wasn't expecting to have to travel for training. Ended up training in house. No real hard questions   Answer Question

Analyst Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HD Supply in May 2014.

Got phone interview 8 days after I applied then 3 days later, I got face to face interview with 2 managers. They hardly look at you because they're busy reading the scenario questions and writing your answers.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HD Supply.

Extensive hiring process. Three phone interviews, then met with regional manager and another manager that flew in from California. I was a finalist but was not offered the job, no feedback after several attempts to find out why.