HD Supply Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online. The regional director, I believe, was the person who was in touch with me and did the interviewing. Overall it was a pretty positive experience. Being involved directly with one person in management, as opposed to an HR team, is a comfortable approach. The manager was very personable, friendly to his employees in the store, and was clearly a real person--would make comments, respond, joke around. Told me that he had some questions he had to ask and that he'd be taking notes. He encouraged me to draw on any kind of experience--leadership in college, work experience, or really anything that comes to mind--and he also very coolly informed me that if I didn't feel I could answer a question, that I had the right to pass, though I didn't use this liberty. Still waiting on the decision process, but was informed of a clear timeframe of when to expect a decision.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HD Supply in August 2015.

Interview

3 person tag team, scripted questions from HR dept based on another state, using their employment laws, not applied state employment laws. IMO all question were directed toward individual's decision making process from past experience. expect the unexpected, did not ask normal interview questions. personally had fun, however interviewers did not like the process but were required by HR. Conclusion, HR is doing the hiring not the branch. still in process of interviewing, haven't heard back.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HD Supply (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one with the manager. He was very friendly and made it an enjoyable experience. The questions were mostly pretty standard. A couple that made me think for a little while. The manager was very understanding when I explained my reasoning for leaving my past job.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans over the next 5 years? Past job experience? Why did you leave? What makes you a good fit? Share a time where you went above and beyond to demonstrate excellent customer service. Who do you look up to because of their work ethic?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Submit application electronically. Hope you get a phone call. First phone interview was to explain position and requirements of the job. Where and what was to be expected. Interview asked several questions. After call, I understood I would get a second call within a week or so. That did not occur, so I assume they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• If we have a candidate that already has a relationship with the customer base and lives in the market, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed about a week later to conduct a phone interview. After i passed the phone interview I had to submit an online reference to send to 5 professional and personal references where they had to answer a series of questions about me. Then I was selected to conduct a 2 hour, face to face interview with the recruiting team, to include some over the phone with the West Coast recruiters. After my interview i sent a thank you email to the team and have heard NOTHING. I even emailed the lead recruiter and she still has not responded and it has been over a month since my interview. I think it would be common courtesy to at least respond with a no thank you, or we are still in the process of our selections. They even reposted the position which i took as a "no thank you", but human decency would to at least send out an automated "thank you but no thank you". This has left a very bad impression on this company and I'm not sure I would want to work for a company that can't even be courteous to respond within a month.

Interview Questions

HD Supply Response

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience as we value our broader talent community and maintain a consistent practice of following up with all ... More

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HD Supply (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Excessive; three face to face interviews followed by a skyp interview followed by a face to face at headquarters. All in all was good, except for the writen request. Was asked to write a simple introduction of myself as if I was introducing myself to my new team. However, afterwards I was not selected for the job because they really wanted a formal letter; that was not requested at the time I wrote my introduction.

Interview Questions

• Was I more technical or entrepreneurial   1 Answer

Helpdesk Support, Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I just had a phone interview, but overall it was very well. The recruiter was very polite and professional and didn't waste my time. They were looking for a very specific type of candidate, which was heavy MAC skill related, and after we decided it was beneficial for both parties involved to seek another candidate the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with MAC related OS and application's and how often do you troubleshoot them on a consistent basis?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is very informal. Typically bring you in and ask a series of questions that every branch will ask. Very generic questions. Nothing tricky or special. Basically if you went to high school you should be able to answer these questions. They will describe the job a little more in detail and whether or not you can do it.

Interview Questions

• Can you perform your job functions? Can you drive a forklift? Can you follow directions?   Answer Question

Order Processor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

You get contacted by HR and have interview with supervisor or manager of Order Processing. It takes a little bit of time, but mostly you will get hired quicker if you have background in interiors or flooring as well as excessive computer knowledge. They use SAP program, which is the hardest to learn but mostly it's attention to detail that is the most beneficial for this position.

Interview Questions

• They would like to have a great knowledge of excel and computers, have some flooring experience but not required as well as great attention to detail while being interrupted.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (New Braunfels, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed through a staffing agency who met with me at a coffee shop near the office. I met with two members of the staffing agency, though only one of them spoke the entire time which was a little awkward.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past experience and how you would react in certain call center situations.   Answer Question