HDFC Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
110 interviews

2.7

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at HDFC Bank in December 2012.

three rounds were there, begining from one written test containing all aspects related to reasoning & general awarness & Human Resource folled by f2f rounds.

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at HDFC Bank in October 2011.

Interview is brief and related to the previous work experience.
    Work Culture is pretty ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question is about your commitment to the organisation.   Answer Question

Management Trainee - Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HDFC Bank in September 2012.

I applied through college and the whole interview was conducted in two phases-Group Discussion and Personal interview.In GD, a random topics was given to candidates and have discussion in the group.Those who clear the GD, were immediately selected for the personal interview.In personal interview, video chat was conducted between Regional Head and the selected candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Candidates must have clear communication and clarity in thought.   Answer Question

Basel Analsysts Interview

Multiple level of interview process. If the basics are fine it is not a problem to get through. So concentrate on the basic and its easy

Interview Questions
    • Case study type questions of addressing multiple managers at a time   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HDFC Bank in January 2012.

one of my senior was working with HDFC bank and that's why i received the call from the HR directly for the interview. The first round was with the HR and after that they called me for the second round of interview which includes some technical questions related to banking and i was able to answer that as i came from the banking background (kotak Mahindra Bank)

Interview Questions
    • As i was recently married that time they asked me if i have any plans for the family and he said you won't be able to get maternity leave before 6 months   View Answer
    No much they were stick to what they has to offer but i accepted the offer as i was in urgent need of the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HDFC Bank in October 2011.

Hiring is Easy if you have references of existing employees, Normal questions in Interviews, Easy to answer

Operations Round then HR Round

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

interviewed at HDFC Bank in December 2011.

The interview was for Relationship Manager- Business Banking Working Capital
    It was campus interview. HR and Line Manager took the interview.
    HR asked questions like:- About yourself, What if you have extended hours, and normal strength & weakness.
    Line Manager asked:- About Balance Sheet, Current Assets & Current Liabilities. Basic criteria to finance an SME, few ratios, knowledge of working capital cycle.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question but a tricky one "Basic criteria to finance an SME", I was guessing all sort of analysis to be the answer but line manager himself said it is the generation of family into the business :D   Answer Question
    It was well decided initially

Relationship Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HDFC Bank in October 2013.

I had applied for the said role through their job portal. When there was opening they contacted me through mail. Next a screening test was taken which included same sections as in any banking exam.
    On qualifying that test I was called for the interview after ten days. The interview was taken by the cluster head. The questions were basically from my CV. Since I already had experience in working in the same role, so it was cake walk.
    Within a week I received another communication asking to submit other documents like salary slips and relieving letter. And then the final offer was made.

Interview Questions
    If it is a particular profile one wants please do not budge and tell them clearly.

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDFC Bank.

Good and fast. Did not prolong much.

Interview Questions
    • Job was exciting & team building role was very challenging.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HDFC Bank.

They took around 5 rounds for this job. Everything was very in a systematic way. But the last round occured in unecpected way. They called me the other day when their office was closed.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about the recent movies watched by me. What is the most interesting and inspiring thing i liked in that?   Answer Question