HDL

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HDL in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process took place over a few days. It seemed a little disorganized - a majority of the interview seemed to be improvised, suggesting that they hadn't interviewed many other people. Once I met with the hiring manager, I was brought around to meet with the other members of the department. All of them asked me questions about my experience with certain technology (in particular, SQL Server and relational databases).

Interview Question – Question involving joining two tables with only a partial key.   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen, followed by interview on site a few days later. Technical questions followed by standard behavioral cases. My interviewers were really friendly and eager to talk about current projects going on in the lab.

Interview Question – Walk us through the steps of PCR   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL.

Interview Details – The interview questions were only about personality and how I would handle stress and change. There were no technical questions.

Interview Question – When was the last time you were criticized and how did you respond.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mass Spec Lab Tech/Chemist Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL in October 2011.

Interview Details – They called me in for an interview about 2 days after I applied online. The interview was panel style with 4 different managers. They basically asked me about my experience with GC/MS and laboratory work; and also about my flexibility with work schedules. They asked alot of questions about how I handled various situations at my previous jobs; for example, they asked how I went about solving problems that arose while I was working alone. They also placed alot of emphasis on asking me how well I knew the "personality" of their company, such as the unique way in which they interact with their clients' and provide for their needs in multiple ways. All of it took about 15 minutes, and then I was taken on a tour of the lab and introduced to various employees in a very.. "dynamic" way, lol. Quite fun in my opinion.

Interview Question – They asked me to explain everything about mass spectrometry.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HDL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HDL interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by HDL employees and interview candidates.