HDL Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2014

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. It was first a behavioral assessment over the internet that I assume would determine your personality and ability to jive with the status quo. The process was friendly and even though it did seem tedious at times it began to make more sense as time went on. I feel bad for all of the people who didn't make it but in a way I envy them as well. You never can tell what a company is doing until you are on the inside, and then suddenly everything becomes crystal clear. We are no longer hiring for anything so if you are looking for work you are out of luck here. The best part of the process was getting to learn everything about other departments that knowledge is invaluable.

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDL (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by interview on site a few days later. Technical questions followed by standard behavioral cases. My interviewers were really friendly and eager to talk about current projects going on in the lab.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDL (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview questions were only about personality and how I would handle stress and change. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were criticized and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HDL (Richmond, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took place over a few days. It seemed a little disorganized - a majority of the interview seemed to be improvised, suggesting that they hadn't interviewed many other people. Once I met with the hiring manager, I was brought around to meet with the other members of the department. All of them asked me questions about my experience with certain technology (in particular, SQL Server and relational databases).

Interview Questions

• Question involving joining two tables with only a partial key.   Answer Question

Mass Spec Lab Tech/Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDL (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

They called me in for an interview about 2 days after I applied online. The interview was panel style with 4 different managers. They basically asked me about my experience with GC/MS and laboratory work; and also about my flexibility with work schedules. They asked alot of questions about how I handled various situations at my previous jobs; for example, they asked how I went about solving problems that arose while I was working alone. They also placed alot of emphasis on asking me how well I knew the "personality" of their company, such as the unique way in which they interact with their clients' and provide for their needs in multiple ways. All of it took about 15 minutes, and then I was taken on a tour of the lab and introduced to various employees in a very.. "dynamic" way, lol. Quite fun in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain everything about mass spectrometry.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Turned up late at interviews; more and more parts, didnt tell you what was going on, lack of communication, no process, unprofessional, went on for months; hire those they know rather than those best for job, take people from former companies unethically

Interview Questions

• Asked about former companies and products they sold/customer details   Answer Question