HDL Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HDL in June 2013.

The hiring and interview process took place over a few days. It seemed a little disorganized - a majority of the interview seemed to be improvised, suggesting that they hadn't interviewed many other people. Once I met with the hiring manager, I was brought around to meet with the other members of the department. All of them asked me questions about my experience with certain technology (in particular, SQL Server and relational databases).

Interview Questions
    • Question involving joining two tables with only a partial key.   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL.

Initial phone screen, followed by interview on site a few days later. Technical questions followed by standard behavioral cases. My interviewers were really friendly and eager to talk about current projects going on in the lab.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL.

The interview questions were only about personality and how I would handle stress and change. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you were criticized and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Mass Spec Lab Tech/Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HDL in October 2011.

They called me in for an interview about 2 days after I applied online. The interview was panel style with 4 different managers. They basically asked me about my experience with GC/MS and laboratory work; and also about my flexibility with work schedules. They asked alot of questions about how I handled various situations at my previous jobs; for example, they asked how I went about solving problems that arose while I was working alone. They also placed alot of emphasis on asking me how well I knew the "personality" of their company, such as the unique way in which they interact with their clients' and provide for their needs in multiple ways. All of it took about 15 minutes, and then I was taken on a tour of the lab and introduced to various employees in a very.. "dynamic" way, lol. Quite fun in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain everything about mass spectrometry.   Answer Question

Worked for HDL? Contribute to the Community!