HDR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HDR in November 2014.

Interview

November 2014 - Went in for 2 interviews -- one with Hiring Manager and one with Hiring Manager and the department(Public Involvement) and everything seemed likely that I would get the position.

After a week, I received a call that I did not get the position because I was 'too overqualified' and then mentioned that they could create a position for me but it would be in Minneapolis, MN. I told them that I was interested and they said they would get back to me. I waited after Thanksgiving break and followed up and the hiring manager still said that the position has yet to be created and that she would get back to me the next year (2015) and follow up with me. I responded that this sounded good and was just trying to be patient with this whole process, especially when the hiring manager apologized for this process not moving faster.

I emailed the hiring manager Jan. 5th and when I didn't hear back from her by Jan. 7th, I called and actually spoke to her. She told me that there hasn't been anything new regarding the opportunity and that she would get a ahold of me if anything changes.

So, to sum it up, I didn't get offered initial position because I was over qualified and they offered me a position (that hasn't been created) in another city and they have not been doing anything since the middle of November. It's now January 7th of 2015.

Furthermore, this company has always interested me and I wanted to hold out for the opportunity to work with them but to be treated like this I am very discouraged and disappointed.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager and team look at your resume and experience thoroughly and ask about your experience and give the chance for you to ask them questions as well. Pretty relaxed.   Answer Question

Senior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HDR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Referrals are very nice to have here and they are given a lot of weight. HDR employees get a link from a job posting and can e-mail that to you. They can get a referral bonus for doing this. 1. Submit contact and work history information through website. 2. Phone interview. 3. In person interview, maybe twice. 4. Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult project you worked on. I had no trick questions or brain games to answer. Straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was over e-mail. Then they sent an offer letter.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter because my resume was forwarded to her. Scheduled a phone interview within the week. The interview was with engineers and not HR, which was fantastic to learn specifics about the position right away. No surprise questions, really basic things related to your projects and background.

Architectural Coordinator II Interview

Interview

Started with an internship that i was offered due to my mentor being the principle at the firm. I did not follow the traditional approach. But the interview process is usually an interview at the office where you meet the team you will be working with and followed by a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a signing bonus after asking for more pay offered me a signing bonus instead

Senior Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HDR (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid back since I new the staff I was interviewing with. They brought me around to various groups to meet the staff and then met with VP's of operations and marketing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDR in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic! The three guys who interviewed me were pleasant and the environment seemed relaxed. They brought me outside since it was such a nice day. Over-all I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got into a bind in the workplace. How did you go about working it out?   Answer Question

Civil EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HDR.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager gave me a call a few days online. We scheduled a phone interview as I was not able to make it on time. After the interview a HR rep called me for some post-interview screening, so I thought things looked up. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks, till I emailed them and they told me that someone else had already been hired to fill the position. I think they should have at least sent me a rejection email when they made the decision to hire the other person

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HDR (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

This Employer has a 3 step interview process after your application is considered. There is a phone interview where they just ask you general questions to get an understanding of what kind basic IT experiences you have had. There aren't any technical question asked in the phone interview.

The 2nd interview will be an in person interview where they ask you some detailed questions about your IT experience, and where they ask you to tell them a little bit about your self. For the most part they will do most of the talking.

For the 3rd and final interview, they will have you speak with various people around they office and they will have you speak with the MP or office manager. this part of the interview is for the other employees to get a feel to see if they would like you to work here since this is an employed owned company.

Interview Questions

• It's Saturday and off your scheduled time to work. One of the Engineers is working on a proposal and is unable to print it. What do you do?   1 Answer

Electrical EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HDR (Newark, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial response through e-mail and set up phone interview with HR person. After that, set up interview in person. A second interview was then arranged. After the second interview, they never got back to me. Even though I followed up properly after each of the three interviews, they did not even just send a polite letter to let me know they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interior Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HDR (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had an interview in the interiors department at HDR a few months ago. It was a little awkward at first, but I just jumped into showing them my work. They seemed very quiet and reserved and that is not really my personality. I was looking for something a little more exciting.. in both my future coworkers and the projects that I would be working on... both were kind of bland.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me many difficult questions. They asked me about my current work experience including; project types, project load, how I was with juggling multiple projects.   Answer Question