HDR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HDR.

Interview

I applied online the HR called me in 3 days to set an appointment for phone interview.I had an interview on phone with of company hiring managers and engineer. They were really friendly and repeat their questions for me .

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HDR (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, for three levels of CAD Tech, after almost two months and no word, i called one of the Senior CAD leads and asked if i could come in and talk. Two days later, I was talking to her boss and a week later I was offered a position. It was a Very relaxed interview, it seemed that the company moves a little slow with hiring. To me, it seemed they had already made a decision about hiring me, i was just sealing the deal by showing up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make the commute?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HDR in November 2014.

Interview

November 2014 - Went in for 2 interviews -- one with Hiring Manager and one with Hiring Manager and the department(Public Involvement) and everything seemed likely that I would get the position. After a week, I received a call that I did not get the position because I was 'too overqualified' and then mentioned that they could create a position for me but it would be in Minneapolis, MN. I told them that I was interested and they said they would get back to me. I waited after Thanksgiving break and followed up and the hiring manager still said that the position has yet to be created and that she would get back to me the next year (2015) and follow up with me. I responded that this sounded good and was just trying to be patient with this whole process, especially when the hiring manager apologized for this process not moving faster. I emailed the hiring manager Jan. 5th and when I didn't hear back from her by Jan. 7th, I called and actually spoke to her. She told me that there hasn't been anything new regarding the opportunity and that she would get a ahold of me if anything changes. So, to sum it up, I didn't get offered initial position because I was over qualified and they offered me a position (that hasn't been created) in another city and they have not been doing anything since the middle of November. It's now January 7th of 2015. Furthermore, this company has always interested me and I wanted to hold out for the opportunity to work with them but to be treated like this I am very discouraged and disappointed.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager and team look at your resume and experience thoroughly and ask about your experience and give the chance for you to ask them questions as well. Pretty relaxed.   Answer Question

Senior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HDR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Referrals are very nice to have here and they are given a lot of weight. HDR employees get a link from a job posting and can e-mail that to you. They can get a referral bonus for doing this. 1. Submit contact and work history information through website. 2. Phone interview. 3. In person interview, maybe twice. 4. Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult project you worked on. I had no trick questions or brain games to answer. Straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was over e-mail. Then they sent an offer letter.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter because my resume was forwarded to her. Scheduled a phone interview within the week. The interview was with engineers and not HR, which was fantastic to learn specifics about the position right away. No surprise questions, really basic things related to your projects and background.

Architectural Coordinator II Interview

Interview

Started with an internship that i was offered due to my mentor being the principle at the firm. I did not follow the traditional approach. But the interview process is usually an interview at the office where you meet the team you will be working with and followed by a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a signing bonus after asking for more pay offered me a signing bonus instead

Senior Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HDR (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid back since I new the staff I was interviewing with. They brought me around to various groups to meet the staff and then met with VP's of operations and marketing.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HDR (Pasadena, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a career fair from university. 2 project manager interviewed me, they were clear on their design process and position. The interview took around an hour and a half. they started by introducing themselves, the company, and the roles of the position as well as the projects at hand,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDR in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic! The three guys who interviewed me were pleasant and the environment seemed relaxed. They brought me outside since it was such a nice day. Over-all I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got into a bind in the workplace. How did you go about working it out?   Answer Question

Civil EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HDR.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager gave me a call a few days online. We scheduled a phone interview as I was not able to make it on time. After the interview a HR rep called me for some post-interview screening, so I thought things looked up. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks, till I emailed them and they told me that someone else had already been hired to fill the position. I think they should have at least sent me a rejection email when they made the decision to hire the other person