HDR

2.7

Rail EIT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HDR in January 2014.

Got called for an onsite interview directly though a recruiter. Was interviewed by the manager to whom candidate will be reporting to and 2 other employees in construction management. Interview was absically going through resume and question on professional experience and MS thesis.

Interview Questions
    • Comparing the bridge design software I used (LEAPCONSPAN) and the one used by HDR (LARSA 4D).   View Answer

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online – interviewed at HDR in December 2013.

Interviewer was very thorough and asked many detailed, specific questions - mostly pertaining to my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult job-related situation and how did you respond to it?   View Answer

Architectural Coordinator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HDR.

Went to my school job fair and interviewed with 2 employees. Was asked to come into the office for a formal interview with management. CAD written test. Very corporate environment. People were very nice and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with what they offered me, since I was right out of school and it was above average.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HDR in July 2013.

Entire process took over 2 months. Feedback and follow-through were non-existent. Received verbal offer and then nothing for a month. Very poor professional impression overall. Showed lack of process, continuity, and poor follow up. Ended up believing they probably conduct business the same way. Strong start poor finish.

Interview Questions
    • There were zero professional questions pertaining to my background. It was more like rush for a sorority sans the chemistry one tries to gauge. They could not get their scheduling down and I finally took another job. Really scattered process which left me thinking they are very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at HDR in June 2013.

I was initially contacted by phone from a staff engineer. We discussed my background and the type of work the company does. Then the section manager called me for a second phone interview, discussing many of the same points, with additional information about the company. I was contacted by their local HR person to schedule a trip to the office location, as I lived several states away. The office visit began with breakfast with the two people I had interviewed with previously. I also was cycled through about 5 additional project managers and company executives during the interview process, discussing my background, interests, project experience. I found this culture to be very open to new people. The office atmosphere was laid back, yet focused on the tasks at hand.

Interview Questions
    • How to translate my engineering experience from several different sectors into the energy consulting business   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate somewhat with my relocation package. Basically they had a set amount to obligate for salary/relo. I opted to have the highest possible salary, and any left over would be for a relocation bonus to move myself there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDR in May 2013.

Really informal interview, since a lot of people would be qualified, they wanted to make sure that the applicant's personality would fit in well with the department. Really basic questions about my skills and abilities, spent a lot of time just chatting with me.

Not any questions that were unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your skills using Microsoft Suite, how comfortable are you learning other programs?   Answer Question
    Negotiation for interns was not an option.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HDR in April 2013.

It is really slow. It took about 6 weeks to respond to my interview. When I followed up with the manager multiple times, he said its the HR who was not following up... Not sure why...

Interview Questions
    • I really didn't have any difficult questions, but probably one of the most challenging ones was: If you were to go back and redo your mistake... what would it be and how would you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for the intern base pay

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HDR.

The hiring and interview process took approximately 3 weeks, beginning with an initial application online. A recruiter contacted me rather quickly for an on-site interview, where I met the hiring manager. I had expected a 1:1 interview, however, I was surprised with a panel interview with members of the marketing team the position would be supporting. The interview was fairly short - approximately 30 mins long. The second step was submitting writing samples. I got to the second on-site interview, where I met the rest of the team and the supervisor of the hiring manager. This interview was longer than the first interview - approximately 2 hours long. The second half of the interview involved a skills test regarding aspects of the marketing assistant position. The final step of the process was a reference check, which took about 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, when I asked for feedback regarding the interview process, I received no word from neither the hiring manager nor the recruiter. What started as a positive process left me with a bit of a negative view, seeing as the company never bothered to follow-up and even send a simple email reply.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflicting messages from various managers? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HDR in December 2012.

Contacted a freind who worked there. Started with intial casual lunch meeting then had really detial multi-person interview.

Survey Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HDR in October 2012.

Went through temp hire, but interview was very detail to the position that they wanted to fill

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk up to 7 miles on a normal day on various inclines or work more than 8 hours a day.   Answer Question
    I went through a hiring temp service Then there was not really Negotiation phase, while I was on temp I got paid hourly then once I went full time I got paid salary.