HDR

Relevance Date Difficulty

Rail EIT Interview

Rail EIT
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at HDR in May 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screening from HR after I applied for the position. Then a phone interview was setup 2 weeks later; that interview was conducted by the department manager and a project manager. It was simply review of my work experience and to gauge my interest in the position. The panel interview was about a month later due to uncertainty of budget availability. This interview was more detailed in the types of questions. I was asked specific railroad knowledge from my previous job and the interview panel consisted of the 2 people from the phone interview and one more project manager....all of which had substantial railroad experience. Overall, it was a laidback experience.

The office culture was mostly "baby-boomers" and young engineers with 2 years or less experience. There was a big gap in technical knowledge and experience. Very friendly group of people but that friendliness turned into intense stress during submittal time.

Interview Question – Do you have any 3D modeling experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR conducted the negotiation so there was a certain tier that my position fell under. However, I was told that my boss had given the green light to go above that number to bring me on after the fact.

My advice would be to ask for what you want and let them talk you down. Don't just accept what the HR rep says.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HDR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HDR Rail EIT interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by HDR employees and interview candidates.