HDR

Relevance Date Difficulty

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Structural Engineer In Training
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at HDR.

Interview Details – Came to St. Louis for what I thought was a 1:1 interview. When I was taken to the conference room, a video screen was set up with two additional interviewers shown on it. The interviewers gave me a problem to do first thing. The rest was general non-behavioral questions, mainly focusing on my schooling.

Interview Question – Find the point of maximum positive moment on this continuous beam.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Structural Engineer In Training
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HDR in June 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through HDR's website, was called back by HR for a phone interview with an engineering manager two days later. Discussed projects and scope of work at Charlotte office with manager for approx. 30 minutes with few questions asked. Called for an in-person interview two weeks later and flown down (at no personal cost) to tour office. Met a few engineers and spoke with manager about projects and work again before having lunch with two managers. Provided references and agreed to background check before receiving an offer three weeks later.

Of the minimal questions asked, most related to what kind of software I had used before and whether I was sure the scope of work was of interest to me.

Interview Question – Have you used any structal analysis software before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, though HR was very reasonable.

Worked for HDR? Contribute to the Community!