HDR

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at HDR.

Came to St. Louis for what I thought was a 1:1 interview. When I was taken to the conference room, a video screen was set up with two additional interviewers shown on it. The interviewers gave me a problem to do first thing. The rest was general non-behavioral questions, mainly focusing on my schooling.

Interview Questions
  • Find the point of maximum positive moment on this continuous beam.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HDR

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HDR in June 2011.

I submitted my resume through HDR's website, was called back by HR for a phone interview with an engineering manager two days later. Discussed projects and scope of work at Charlotte office with manager for approx. 30 minutes with few questions asked. Called for an in-person interview two weeks later and flown down (at no personal cost) to tour office. Met a few engineers and spoke with manager about projects and work again before having lunch with two managers. Provided references and agreed to background check before receiving an offer three weeks later.

Of the minimal questions asked, most related to what kind of software I had used before and whether I was sure the scope of work was of interest to me.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used any structal analysis software before?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, though HR was very reasonable.