Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at HDR
- Marketing Coordinator (3)
- Engineering (2)
- Structural Engineer In Training (2)
- Environmental Scientist (2)
- Engineer In Training (2)
- Project Engineer (2)
- Project Manager (1)
- Senior Marketing Coordinator (1)
- Executive Administrator (1)
- Senior Consultant (1)
- Electrical Engineer (1)
- Electrical Engineering (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT Support Specialist (1)
- CAD Technician (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Intern (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Senior Accounting Assistant (1)
- Architectural Designer (1)
- Landscape Architect (1)
- Structural Engineer (1)
- Survey Technician (1)
- Interior Design (1)
- Mechanical Engineer In Training (1)
- Public Involvement Coordinator (1)
- Senior CAD Designer (1)
- Electrical EIT (1)
- Architectural Coordinator II (1)
- Rail EIT (1)
Structural Engineer In Training Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at HDR (Saint Louis, MO).
Came to St. Louis for what I thought was a 1:1 interview. When I was taken to the conference room, a video screen was set up with two additional interviewers shown on it. The interviewers gave me a problem to do first thing. The rest was general non-behavioral questions, mainly focusing on my schooling.
- Find the point of maximum positive moment on this continuous beam. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for HDR
Structural Engineer In Training InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at HDR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.
I submitted my resume through HDR's website, was called back by HR for a phone interview with an engineering manager two days later. Discussed projects and scope of work at Charlotte office with manager for approx. 30 minutes with few questions asked. Called for an in-person interview two weeks later and flown down (at no personal cost) to tour office. Met a few engineers and spoke with manager about projects and work again before having lunch with two managers. Provided references and agreed to background check before receiving an offer three weeks later.
Of the minimal questions asked, most related to what kind of software I had used before and whether I was sure the scope of work was of interest to me.
- Have you used any structal analysis software before? 1 Answer
Did not negotiate, though HR was very reasonable.