HEINEKEN USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

On Premise Manager Interview

On Premise Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews and a few month length is the usual hiring process. The final interview will include a verbal presentation to test your presentation skills.

Interview Question – None - As long as you are familiar with the beer business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy, their benefits and perks were good so no need for big negotiation

Category Management Interview

Category Management
White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process can take a while, ranging from a month to several months. When I went in, it took almost 4 months before they gave me an offer. I had at least 4 phone calls, one of them lengthy that ran for an hour and a half. There's a lot of standard interview questions.
The tough part is presenting at the interview. They do a panel interview style where you're in a room with 4 other people that basically fire questions at you after your 5 minute presentation. They do what they call the S.T.A.R. approach which is Situation, Tactics or Actions, Results. I think it's an awesome system because it helps you organize your thoughts. After you present, they ask you a series of questions and they want you to answer in that way using real life experience.

Interview Question – "Say you have multiple projects going on and a good chunk of them are due on Friday. A person runs into your office and says that they need you to run an analysis and have it done for them by Friday. How would you approach this and what would you do?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My recruiter did most of the negotiation so I had little influence on that part.

Consumer Insights Interview

Consumer Insights
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in March 2009.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews - first with HR, then with hiring manager and then lastly a panel interview and with CMO. They are very selective in their hiring. The hiring manager had me meet with 8 other people so expect this to be a long and draining process. However, once they have made their decision they move quickly. Expect usual battery of questions (about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments, lessons learnt from past failures etc.) if you are applying for a marketing role, expect Marketing strategy questions as well as brand most admired and why, best commercial and why liked etc.

Interview Question – Example of failure and what you learnt from it.
Example of managing an opinionated individual who is a senior level manager in the organization
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to the end. if they really want you they will pay top dime!

Consumer Insights Analyst Interview

Consumer Insights Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in December 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and it took a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. I went in for a full day of interviews--4 interviews in total including one with a member of HR. The questions were not really too difficult. Mostly asked about my marketing experience and also some ideas that I had for Heineken. I asked for feedback when they said I didn't get an offer and they said that everyone else who applied was from industry so they felt that experience was more relevant.

Interview Question – What was the best advertisement you've ever seen   Answer Question

Worked for HEINEKEN USA? Contribute to the Community!