HEINEKEN USA Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Category Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in July 2013.

The hiring process can take a while, ranging from a month to several months. When I went in, it took almost 4 months before they gave me an offer. I had at least 4 phone calls, one of them lengthy that ran for an hour and a half. There's a lot of standard interview questions.
    The tough part is presenting at the interview. They do a panel interview style where you're in a room with 4 other people that basically fire questions at you after your 5 minute presentation. They do what they call the S.T.A.R. approach which is Situation, Tactics or Actions, Results. I think it's an awesome system because it helps you organize your thoughts. After you present, they ask you a series of questions and they want you to answer in that way using real life experience.

Interview Questions
    • "Say you have multiple projects going on and a good chunk of them are due on Friday. A person runs into your office and says that they need you to run an analysis and have it done for them by Friday. How would you approach this and what would you do?"   View Answer
    My recruiter did most of the negotiation so I had little influence on that part.

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HEINEKEN USA in March 2009.

Several rounds of interviews - first with HR, then with hiring manager and then lastly a panel interview and with CMO. They are very selective in their hiring. The hiring manager had me meet with 8 other people so expect this to be a long and draining process. However, once they have made their decision they move quickly. Expect usual battery of questions (about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments, lessons learnt from past failures etc.) if you are applying for a marketing role, expect Marketing strategy questions as well as brand most admired and why, best commercial and why liked etc.

Interview Questions
    • Example of failure and what you learnt from it.
      Example of managing an opinionated individual who is a senior level manager in the organization
        Answer Question
    Negotiate to the end. if they really want you they will pay top dime!

Worked for HEINEKEN USA? Contribute to the Community!