HFF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Sales Analyst Interview

Investment Sales Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HFF in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had 5 interviews in the office lasting 3 hours. Very dull office building, people seemed stressed and relatively unhappy to be there. Good pay though so that could explain the long hours

Interview Question – Basic mortgage and annuity questions, finance based   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HFF.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. After I applied I was contacted by HR who did a screening interview and then told me that I would hear back from the department head if they were interested in me. I heard back a day or so later, and scheduled a phone interview with the department head, and then came in for an in person interview with a few people in the office. I was made a formal offer a few days later.

Interview Question – The questions asked were not really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the salary but was disappointed in some of the benefits which were non negotiable. Maternity/Paternity leave and vacation days.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at HFF in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a response from human resources for a screening interview. They then forwarded my resume to the local office for their screening. They called me in. I made a visit and met with the lower level real estate analyst and director. I had to do a take-home test and fill out an application. I came back for more interviews with the higher ups. I got an offer.

Interview Question – What is the amortizing loan constant for a 6% 30-year mortgage on a $50 million dollar loan?   View Answer

Real Estate Interview

Real Estate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HFF in September 2010.

Interview Details – Great company to work for. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. Would recommend highly to anyone looking to get into commercial real estate.

Interview Question – How is the job hunt going?   View Answer

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HFF in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an admin to schedule a date. She had to call back and reschedule due to a scheduling conflict with one of the people I was to interview with. So the interview was pushed back a week.
There is no receptionist and looks like very little admin help. The bullpen is virtually empty. Most employees remaining are director level and above.
During the interview it became apparent that my career goals and the position were not in alignment.

Interview Question – There were practically no questions asked.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HFF in June 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process required several meetings mostly focusing on my interpersonal skills and applicable skills to the current job being offered.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Real estate?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HFF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HFF interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by HFF employees and interview candidates.