HFF

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HFF in February 2015.

Submitted my resume via LinkedIn and was contacted by the Senior Real Estate Analyst after a week. Went to the office for a 2 1/2 hour interview consisting of about 8 members of the team. Everyone was extremely nice and clearly quite passionate about what they do. Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • Lot's of fit questions. HFF is built on organic growth so there is a a close examination of all candidates personalities. Questions consisted of inquires about adversity, weaknesses, career trajectory.

I am coming in as an experienced hire so a lot of the questions were regarding my former roles so be prepared to discuss your resume in detail. Also, be knowledgable about HFF and WHY HFF.

View Answer

Investment Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HFF in June 2014.

Had 5 interviews in the office lasting 3 hours. Very dull office building, people seemed stressed and relatively unhappy to be there. Good pay though so that could explain the long hours

Other offer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HFF.

The interview process was pretty standard. After I applied I was contacted by HR who did a screening interview and then told me that I would hear back from the department head if they were interested in me. I heard back a day or so later, and scheduled a phone interview with the department head, and then came in for an in person interview with a few people in the office. I was made a formal offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the salary but was disappointed in some of the benefits which were non negotiable. Maternity/Paternity leave and vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HFF in April 2010.

I applied online and received a response from human resources for a screening interview. They then forwarded my resume to the local office for their screening. They called me in. I made a visit and met with the lower level real estate analyst and director. I had to do a take-home test and fill out an application. I came back for more interviews with the higher ups. I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the amortizing loan constant for a 6% 30-year mortgage on a $50 million dollar loan?   View Answer

Real Estate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HFF in September 2010.

Great company to work for. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. Would recommend highly to anyone looking to get into commercial real estate.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HFF in April 2010.

I was contacted by an admin to schedule a date. She had to call back and reschedule due to a scheduling conflict with one of the people I was to interview with. So the interview was pushed back a week.
    There is no receptionist and looks like very little admin help. The bullpen is virtually empty. Most employees remaining are director level and above.
    During the interview it became apparent that my career goals and the position were not in alignment.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HFF in June 2007.

The interview process required several meetings mostly focusing on my interpersonal skills and applicable skills to the current job being offered.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Real estate?   View Answer