HFP Capital Markets Interview Questions

1.7

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through a school OCR, phone interview, in-person interview next week, very laid back, only fit questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets in February 2013.

Interview

This place is a joke!! They hire the same trainees to interview other trainees after 2 interviews. Then you finally meet one of the senior Reps " if the senior exec doesnt like you, he will go back to his desk and tell everyone on how he dresses; how fat you are; or your race. This place is def a racist environment.. only whites.. thats how the senior guys do.. and maybe 1 color person every 50 people.. So that how they choose you.

Interview Questions

• Here is a question they will ask you...Do you know how to talk to people on the phone..? either yes or no...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation here.. they give you $500 every 2 weeks....

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I was referred by my professor that the firm is an up and coming brokerage firm located in NYC. I called in to ask if they can review my resume before I sent it along with a cover letter. I got a call back two days later with a brief phone interview. I scheduled a face to face interview. My first interview was with two account executives who looked in their mid to high 20's with Rolex's on and impressive suits. I knew right there that this was going to be a little bit tough and that there was some serious money to be made. During the interview, I was asked questions like "Tell me about yourself" to start off as an ice breaker, then we went in to my previous experience. Other questions about sales and dealing with rejection. Some personalty questions were mixed in too. It lasted 20-30 minutes and they said they'll call me back if they wanted to move forward. I got the call two days later, and scheduled my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a senior broker who seemed very busy, but gave me time out of his schedule which was huge considering they are based mostly on commission. He was a smooth talker and we talked for about 20-30 minutes or so. He asked me similar questions as the previous interview, but to elaborate a little more. Since I played sports, he asked "How do you stick out from the other 20 NCAA athletes I got in there." He also asked "Do you think Salespeople are born or created?" After the interview, I was given his business card and he said that he will go over everything with the CEO to see if it was a right fit to get brought back for a 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• "What important trends do you see in the industry" "Why shouldn't I hire you" “Why do you think only a small percentage of the population makes over $150K?”   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

you get 3 interviews here, the first two are basically the same and the third on is with a senior broker. You wait forever to get into the conference room to interview, and it takes all of ten mins to interview you. Was sort of a boiler room type atmosphere and definitely a pyramid firm with promises of unrealistic 6 figure incomes in 2 years or less.

Interview Questions

i got the offer and rejected it cause cold calling all day in an office isn't for me. If your a person that good on the phone and like getting hung up on all day then this is the job for you.

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets.

Interview

Phone interview and then 1 on 1 interview.

Boiler Room

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets.

Interview

pointless interview..almost everyone will get the job and a shot

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets.

Interview

I applied through my school's careers website and was contacted over phone by an employee most likely using a fake name for a brief phone interview. Interview lasted about twenty minutes total. Most of the questions were behavioral or about background, nothing technical. Some questions about skills and experiences on resume and academics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you applied for this internship.   Answer Question

Too many interns, nothing to do and quit after a day.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets.

Interview

Interviews were pretty basic and quick, started with "Tell me about yourself" as an opener and the interview progressed from there. Just wanted to get a basic understanding of who you are and if your background will help you to become successful in the industry. They want you to start making 500 cold calls a day within your first week of working there.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really hard questions. Some people fear the "Tell me a little bit about yourself" question and they always start with that question. Another big impact question they asked was "Why would you be more successful than another prospective employee?"   Answer Question

Entry Level Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HFP Capital Markets.

Interview

one on one interview