HGST Firmware Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in January 2011.

Got contacted by recruiter via linkedin. HR called first followed by Hiring Manager. They asked about my current job and my work/skills background. I worked for another storage company so the skill set needed for HGST job was exactly my work profile in my current job.

They scheduled in-person interview and flew me in their San Jose site. Interview process was good, got interviewed by members of team I was supposed to join. Got interviewed by 6 team members and HR. Hiring manager took me for lunch in their cafeteria. He was friendly. The only aspect I did not like is that I was interviews by less experienced people than me. 2 interviewers out of 6 had less than 2 yrs of experience. I suppose their team had only 6 members and they had no other option.

Everything went smooth except I did not get offered $$$ which I had in mind. I would have accepted the offer if they offered me 10K more.

Interview Questions
  • They kept asking me why am I leaving my current company.   View Answer

Their offered salary was less than I was expecting.

Worked for HGST? Contribute to the Community!