HGST Firmware Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Senior Engineer (5)
- ASIC Verification Engineer (1)
- Legal Counsel (1)
- Finance (1)
- Finance Manager (1)
- Firmware Engineer (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Engineer Co-Op (1)
- Principal Product Manager (1)
- Principal Research Engineer (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Senior Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Cust Service (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Process Engineer (1)
- Procurement Professional (1)
- Production Operator (1)
- Software Tools Engineer (1)
- Engineer Quality Assurance (1)
- Channel Mktg (1)
- Coop In ASIC Design (1)
- Desktop Operations Supervisor (1)
- Pricing Analyst/Volume Planner (1)
- Senior Hardaware Engineer (1)
- Sales & Operations Intern (1)
- Firmware Testing and Tools Internship/Co-op (1)
- Direct of SSD Product Portfolio Management (1)
- Self Servo Writer Engineer (1)
- Analyst (1)
Firmware Engineer Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in January 2011.
Interview Details – Got contacted by recruiter via linkedin. HR called first followed by Hiring Manager. They asked about my current job and my work/skills background. I worked for another storage company so the skill set needed for HGST job was exactly my work profile in my current job.
They scheduled in-person interview and flew me in their San Jose site. Interview process was good, got interviewed by members of team I was supposed to join. Got interviewed by 6 team members and HR. Hiring manager took me for lunch in their cafeteria. He was friendly. The only aspect I did not like is that I was interviews by less experienced people than me. 2 interviewers out of 6 had less than 2 yrs of experience. I suppose their team had only 6 members and they had no other option.
Everything went smooth except I did not get offered $$$ which I had in mind. I would have accepted the offer if they offered me 10K more.
Interview Question – They kept asking me why am I leaving my current company. View Answer
Reason for Declining – Their offered salary was less than I was expecting.