HGST

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HGST in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a typical interview process. Recruiter arranged an interview schedule with about 6 people, about 30 minutes person on site. Basically took a whole day. Overall experience was positive.

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Hardaware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardaware Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HGST in January 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my cv to my friend.
After 2 weeks, Phone call to me without any notice.
Then, I realized that it is a job interview.
site interview is schedule 3 weeks later which was included presentation for my previous work.
Then, job offer was provided after 2 weeks from site interview.

Interview Question – Detail technical question which is not familiar with me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but I regret now.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at HGST.

Interview Details – Be thorough in the basics especially Digital design concepts, your projects etc. Able to code in verilog. FSM concepts and should be able to code. Should know perl basics. basic computer architecture concepts should be known.

Interview Question – Be strong in your basics   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST.

Interview Details – Process was normal. HR recruiter will call and screen you, then hiring manager, then onsite. Questions where typical why should we hire you and why you want to work here. Phone interviews where less than 30 minutes and onsite was 4 plus hours long.

Interview Question – Not one question was difficult just the length of the process.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST.

Interview Details – There were 2 phone interviews (first with HR and the next with the hiring manager), followed by an on site interview. The phone interview with the hiring manager was very thorough and detailed. The on site interview to the contrary was very casual. HR was very disorganized with the process and seemed to have a communication gap with the hiring team. In addition they did not offer to pay for costs associated with on site interview (commute costs). In addition, the HR person was very aggressive (for example she would call three times in a row if I didnt answer the phone before leaving a message).

Interview Question – All the questions were behavioral questions - What is your greatest failure?   Answer Question

Direct of SSD Product Portfolio Management Interview

Direct of SSD Product Portfolio Management

I applied online - interviewed at HGST in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was spread out in 2 days. The last interview was supposed to be on Phone from a Director. She didn't called me, neither the interviewer was reachable on phone. The recruiter told me that she will get back to me, didn't. They didn't respond to my email and didn't pick up my phone either. Another week later, I used a different number to call and got the recruiter and then he told me that they have identified someone else for this position. I got this sense from day 2, but why are they to reluctant to provide me a 1 line answer? WEIRD. There is something dysfunctional somewhere.

Interview Question – All questions were based on experiences from my resume.   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Principal Product Manager
Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HGST in September 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of detailed questions on SSDs, problems, architecture, future, business outlook, how can we compete, what are the new areas of applications etc. past experiences in product management etc.

Interview Question – some consulting kind of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Software Tools Engineer Interview

Software Tools Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was 5 hours long including lunch. I spoke to about 6 people; each person was from a different department. There wasn't much technical questions and I didn't feel grilled at all.

Interview Question – How would you go about creating the software tools for the company?   Answer Question

Firmware Testing and Tools Internship/Co-op Interview

Firmware Testing and Tools Internship/Co-op
Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at HGST.

Interview Details – The phone interview was about 15 minutes and the interviewer was very nice. The questions weren't hard at all. They were mainly about what have been my favorite classes, projects I've worked on, what programming languages I knew. There were some questions about workplace situations and how I would handle them. A couple of weeks later I was contacted and asked if I would accept an offer. I said yes and they sent me some paperwork pertaining to privacy policies, and background checks. I signed and completed the forms and was hired on as an intern.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions really.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just asked when I could start. In my opinion, pay was great so I didn't try to negotiate that.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HGST in August 2012.

Interview Details – submitted the resume online. Got a reply from a hiring manager few days later. First was the phone interview. Then I was invited for the on-site interview. A whole day of sessions, presentations etc. The hiring manager sent out a note, asking me to wait for the HR team's offer the same night.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Took it.

Worked for HGST? Contribute to the Community!