HGST Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 15 min. The questions were about the projects in the resume. The recruiter mainly asked about the skills I had. Have not heard from it later so I thought I did not get this intern position.

HW Development Engineer - II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast process. Friendly. The logistic arrangement is very flexible and the reimbursement of the travel expense is also very fast. Overall I am pretty happy with this interview process.

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by On Site Interview. Duration of Interview: 3 Hours. Basic questions in Digital Circuits and STA. College projects were asked. These positions are easy to crack. Not a lot is asked in depth. Focus is only on the resume and the types of projects done in college. All the best.

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was simple, got an email from the direct hire manager, called for on site interview. Interview was 45 mins each with Manager, 2 directors. Interview was arranged quickly and the process was completed within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experiences and how I contributed into it. Questions on projects completed in school.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Friendly, outgoing staff who make you feel welcome immediately. Casual, low key environment. Employee seem happy and down to earth. Nice building, but location is a bit remote. It's deep in South San Jose, close to Morgan Hill. Nothing nearby.

Engineering Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Can"t comment and can't not elaborate more about the process did not experience to be in in the process was too long and too many interviewer too technical

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Requested numerous interviews in person. Despite positive feedback, sudden cancellations. No response or feedback, complete silence.Even after agreement for an offer, no follow-up. Did not hear back for months. Constantly being told positive feedback and then that the team was re-evaluating. Lack of transparency, communication, and direction. The positive side, some team members were nice. However that is overshadowed by the unprofessionalism and disrespectful way candidates are treated.

Interview Questions

• The usual - strengths and weaknesses, what could you see yourself doing better, what has been your experience in storage.   Answer Question

Offer was not in range of what we discussed, disrespectful of potential employee's time, lack of transparency, indecisiveness, and only cer

Engineer Interview

Interview

easy and diverse questions lots of people to meet during the interview 2 days interview too many managers easy and diverse questions lots of people to meet during the interview 2 days interview too many managers easy and diverse questions lots of people to meet during the interview 2 days interview too many managers

Firmware Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. Was promised no technical questions, but was asked some easy-ish questions on OS and data structures. I had another offer, and they were able to expedite getting me an offer very fast, which was very nice as I really wanted to work there but could not turn down a sure thing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Analyzing Big O of the algorithms I had used in projects 2. What possible data structures could I use to handle translation from logical address to physical address?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer. Recruiter beat it by about 10%.

SSD Firmware Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Got a call from HR, he asked me suitable time to talk to manager. Got a call from manager, asked me about my past work experience. Got another call from HR to confirm my availability and negotiate the salary. It was extremely easy