HGST

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST.

Interview Details – Very professional interview. About 7 individual interviews with the team + a 1hr presentation.The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral like why should we hire you?, What are your strengths/weaknesses?, etc.

The presentation is a very helpful thing. It saves the candidate some time when doing the individual interviews.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – All technical and behavioral questions were expected and easy   Answer Question

Prachin Buri (Thailand)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in August 2013.

Interview Details – At least 3 stage for interview, the basis knowledge include Software Programming Skill, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Skill and also Control system skill, HR interview not to difficult.

Interview Question – Logical thinking and Engineering most important   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HGST in February 2008.

Interview Details – 1) Fillup HR form.
2) Interviewed by HR personnel
3) Interviewed by hiring manager

Interview Question – What is your weakness and how do your handle your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR offers, if you do not accept, HR will discuss with the hiring manager.

Senior Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in July 2011.

Interview Details – Overall positive interviewing experience. Nothing too technical, I spent most of the time describing my current job responsibilities and how this career opportunity fits in with my skills and passion. The recruiter was extremely professional and was a pleasure to work with. Some of the topics that came up during the interview were in regards to the recent acquisition announcement, with Western Digital in the process of buying out Hitachi GST. The common response was, due to Hitachi's large market share of Enterprise class storage solutions, they were not worried about lay-offs in their team. Of course, there is no certainty or guarantee so it may be wise as a potential hire to discuss severance pay in the total compensation package (after receiving a written offer).

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HGST? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HGST Senior Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by HGST employees and interview candidates.