HGST Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HGST in February 2013.

It was a typical interview process. Recruiter arranged an interview schedule with about 6 people, about 30 minutes person on site. Basically took a whole day. Overall experience was positive.

None

Other Interview Reviews for HGST

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST.

Very professional interview. About 7 individual interviews with the team + a 1hr presentation.The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral like why should we hire you?, What are your strengths/weaknesses?, etc.

The presentation is a very helpful thing. It saves the candidate some time when doing the individual interviews.
    Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • All technical and behavioral questions were expected and easy   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prachin Buri (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prachin Buri (Thailand)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in August 2013.

At least 3 stage for interview, the basis knowledge include Software Programming Skill, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Skill and also Control system skill, HR interview not to difficult.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at HGST in February 2008.

1) Fillup HR form.
    2) Interviewed by HR personnel
    3) Interviewed by hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness and how do your handle your weakness?   Answer Question
    HR offers, if you do not accept, HR will discuss with the hiring manager.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HGST in July 2011.

Overall positive interviewing experience. Nothing too technical, I spent most of the time describing my current job responsibilities and how this career opportunity fits in with my skills and passion. The recruiter was extremely professional and was a pleasure to work with. Some of the topics that came up during the interview were in regards to the recent acquisition announcement, with Western Digital in the process of buying out Hitachi GST. The common response was, due to Hitachi's large market share of Enterprise class storage solutions, they were not worried about lay-offs in their team. Of course, there is no certainty or guarantee so it may be wise as a potential hire to discuss severance pay in the total compensation package (after receiving a written offer).

Interview Questions

Worked for HGST? Contribute to the Community!