HID Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.6

Q A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HID in August 2014.

The interview process typically goes through 3 parts. Initial phone interview: Questions about current or past relevant positions, salary expectations and various scenarios to determine if your a good fit. Make sure to know what your talking about and be confident to avoid back tracking and redundancy. Within the next couple of days after, I received an e-mail telling me Im eligible to move forward. At that point the "One on One" interview was done a few days later. This was a face to face consisting of a Colleague, Manager and Mfg. Director. Once again, various questions are asked. Mostly relevant to past work experience and your resume. I can not stress enough...know your resume! Depending on position applying for, scenarios and questions will be made. So be prepared. Within an hour after the interview I received an email telling me "Congratulations, you've been approved to move forward to the background screening". More information was requested per EEO criteria and background check approval had to be submitted. The background check is very lengthy and extremely detailed...more so than most companies. If you have anything against your credit, meaning delinquent or poor credit score, that could have a negative impact on employment.Things have to be resolved at that time before moving forward in the process. From start to finish, the hiring process takes roughly 3 weeks. The compensation and benefits are considered fair, in my oppinion. I look forward to growing and succeeding within the corporation and so far, things have been good.

Interview Questions
    • Describe scenario where quality had to shut down manufacturing for a period of time due to issues. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you react to discrepancies with co-workers and handle issues regarding escalation?   Answer Question
    • What types of tools have you previously worked with for performing tasks?   Answer Question
    Frankly, unless you have something to really bargain with, whether it be prestigous education or an abundance of experience, negotiations arent really necessary. Compensation is adequate for this type of manufacturing.

Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at HID in August 2014.

1st Phone interview, 2nd with hiring manager. waiting on background check. The interview went really well.Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Manufacturing Employee Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at HID.

The hiring process was ok. There were a few interviews.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HID in January 2014.

The initial interview involves a phone interview, then the 2nd process involves a interview with you future colleagues or teammates. You then wait an receive a call from HR. Process time about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

The amount offered was a little lower than expected.

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at HID in May 2010.

Hiring for an "assembler" position went from a temp agency where you would have steady full time work but not become permanent for upto 2-3 years. The hours were decent for myself, yet others worked second or third shift who had been there for longer. Once you interviewed with the temp agency, they then had you interview 1-2 more times with the actual facility. I got the job, but I can see this process being a waste of time for someone who doesn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HID in December 2008.

Contract to hire through recruiter

Interview Questions

Worked for HID? Contribute to the Community!