HJ3 Composite Technologies Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at HJ3 Composite Technologies

Civil Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies in September 2013.

Interview lasted 5 minutes followed by insulting emails and arguments based on compensation.

Interview Questions
    • zero questions that were difficult because the interviewer was not an engineer   Answer Question
    All through email which was offensive and contained a voice lacking of intelligence and knowledge of engineering.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies.

Interview process was long and extensively drawn out.

There were three different people on the interview panel: The consultant, The CEO and the current production manager, who was moving to a new position. There wasn't clear communication of what happened next, and the interviews were long and somewhat pushy.

I would not describe this experience as pleasant or even with ambivalence, it was downright awful. It lacked professionalism and courtesy, and I stopped interviewing after the second round of interviews because I felt so intimidated and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question, but the CEO demanded that I explain my current manufacturing process in a "minute or less".   Answer Question

I didn't know if I got an offer or not, I dropped out midway during the process because I felt uncomfortable with the company's lack of HR department as well as hiring practices. I had already been drug tested and passed my background testing.

I was sat in a room, and intimidated to the point of tears over an email I had written that made their consultant feel upset with me. I simply asked when or if I should expect an offer letter and when the next steps should be. It has taken me a long time to write this review, however I felt that I needed to let people know what they may be up against at this company.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies.

The office is clean and people are all generally nice. Will need to take a personality assessment and prove your technical skill set (pretty easy considering no one in the office is an engineer). Overall, it seems like an easy job and they are more concerned about fit. The process seems to take longer than it should -- they said they were looking at other applicants -- but I never got the impression that they were comparing me with anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of workplace culture questions. The owner asked some technical questions and I found I had to 'dumb down' the response to get him to understand that I was correct. Most questions are leading so it is pretty easy to tell them what they want to hear.   Answer Question

Pay and benefits are extremely low. Owner seems more interested in having a stamp at his disposal than a Professional Engineer on his staff.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies in September 2011.

Process started with posting on Career Builders a internet jjob site, that then led to a 3rd party recruiter for HJ3, which then lead to having to re-submit resume, then application, numerous personality trests, phone interviews, in person interviews, references.

Overall a very serial appraoch to interview process, with no feedback or closure.

After talking with other applicants for this job, I would NOT apply again.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult, just boiler plate business 101 interview questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies in October 2011.

In one word "UNPROFESSIONAL", in my many years of employment, this was one of the most unprofessional and disconnected interview processes ever enountered. You have to deal with both an external recruitier, one who makes it clear that dealing with the principle is a challenge and the owner.

After numerous pre-hire applications, multiple personality tests, phone interviews, resume reviews etc.... a last minute RUSH interview is set up with owner, you are insturcted to not explain or go into any detail, bullet anwsers only... a pre-set series of questions that like they are out of a 1960s text book.

No facility review or tour is offered, no introduction to any other staff is offered....you are just dismissed after owner is done.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when youhad to make a decsion without all the information.   View Answer
    Acceptable salary ranges were asked and indicated at the very start between the applicant and recruiter, then when the owner is interested in making an offer, you are low balled with asignificantly lower offer. Even though the interview process took an extended period of time, start date now becomes critical to the point of possibly jeopardizing the offer.

Formal offer was the later removed as owner said they found a better fit, but that same day a job posting for the job hit career builders. There was a minor clerical error on background check which was identified upfront and cleared in one day.

LACK OF HONESTY, LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.

Production Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies in October 2011.

HJ3 uses a recruiter. I found overall process way over kill for a $50K job, required excessive input and time from candidate: testing, references, numerous phone and in person interviews, drug tests, background and credit tests. Offer was made then at last minute rescinded on a administrative error in the background check.

The same day the job I was offerred and accepted was posted on job site, when I was told they were hiring someone else ??? Honesty...integrity....not

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of oridnary, actually interview questions were on the light side, not very probing and little interest in detailed background.   Answer Question
    • After entire process, owner then asked about lowering salary and my interest level ??   View Answer
    NO - there way or the highway. Salary level discussed at start of process was then "low balled" at offer time with promise of future.

I would suggest to others to be VERY wary of this company and ownership/management practices.

Worked for HJ3 Composite Technologies? Contribute to the Community!