HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

www.hondaalabama.com
Unclaimed Profile

HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.6

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Applied online. Received call for phone screen the next day. Flew out the the following week. Interview was included questions about my resume, how I felt about overtime, and they gave me an object and asked me how would I go about fixing it. Next week plant shut down and my background check was being performed. Received offer the following week. Total time 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you fix this part that has been failing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Structured pay raises

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Initial interview was basic phone screen. Was brought in for an in person panel interview. Offer was made pending drug screening. Typical interview process. from the time of phone screen to first day at work was about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very limited negotiations

College Blitz Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Interview

Was called down to interview after speaking to a recruiter at career fair. There were about 10 other candidates. Candidates are split into groups and each group goes to a different station for an hour(Interview, tour, benefits explanation). Interview was a panel of about 6 people. They asked standard behavioral and experience questions. Very different from 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interviews, because it like all eyes are on you.

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth process, however group interview was confusing. Very hard to determine which job I was actually applying for. But in the end it worked out to be a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would develop a plan to fix failing remote key?   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in May 2014.

Interview

Applicants must apply through corporate website. Titles and experience levels on site can be difficult to understand. Slow to respond to initial website contact. Extremely slow process with long periods between stages.

Interview Questions

• Requested to demonstrate an analysis method that was not applicable to the situational case   Answer Question

AF2 Line Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

It was very long process they told us how long we would work for the company before we would get hired. How many point we would get if we stayed off worked. What our jobs consisted of and what we were aspected of as temps, because we wouldn't get the same treatment as the fulltime workers wouldm just make sure we come to work and do our job.

Interview Questions

• When would we exspect to receive a hire date?   2 Answers

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in April 2013.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a recruiter in person at the NSBE Convention. The recruiter was very friendly and the interview only lasted 30 min. She asked basic questions, mostly about my inter experience and a few behavioral questions. About 2 weeks later, the same recruiter called me and asked me to come interview at the site in Lincoln, AL. She sent a packet in the mail that I had to complete. They interviewed people on 2 days, Friday and Saturday with 2 group per day. I went Saturday and was in a group of about 12-15. We did things in rotation. My rotation went as follows: First, 4 of us went in a separate room and learned about HMAs benefits package. The Next rotation for me was the actual interview. There were 5 people in the room, the recruiter, 3 managers and a worker. The interview was simple. Nothing technical. Know about the company. We talked about my intern, why I wanted to work there and what I could bring to the company. The interview lasted 1 hour. The next rotation was a tour of the plant. I forgot to mention that I was fed breakfast before the rotation and lunch afterwards. About 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying I had been denied.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what can you bring to the company? Have you done any work on your car?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was nice and easy. The questions were broad and it was in a stress free environment. Not many questions actually had to do with Mechanical Engineering. Mostly questions to get to know me as a person. Interviewers were friendly and it did not take long.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions On-location group interview, 7-8 people in a small room. Main HR person, 3 engineers, 2 other HR people, and an intern. Questions mostly dealt with job-related experience on my resume and generic interview questions, no quirky questions. Most of the people just watched and didn't say anything, probably observing reactions to questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member was falling behind?   Answer Question

Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter then passed to face to face interview. not very stressful, two guys in the room. department rep and HR rep. They asked questions from my resume.