HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

www.hondaalabama.com
  www.hondaalabama.com

HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Initial interview was basic phone screen. Was brought in for an in person panel interview. Offer was made pending drug screening. Typical interview process. from the time of phone screen to first day at work was about 2 months.

Very limited negotiations

College Blitz Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Was called down to interview after speaking to a recruiter at career fair. There were about 10 other candidates. Candidates are split into groups and each group goes to a different station for an hour(Interview, tour, benefits explanation). Interview was a panel of about 6 people. They asked standard behavioral and experience questions. Very different from 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interviews, because it like all eyes are on you.

Associate Engineer Interview

Very smooth process, however group interview was confusing. Very hard to determine which job I was actually applying for. But in the end it worked out to be a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would develop a plan to fix failing remote key?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Representative Interview

interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in May 2014.

Applicants must apply through corporate website. Titles and experience levels on site can be difficult to understand. Slow to respond to initial website contact. Extremely slow process with long periods between stages.

Interview Questions
    • Requested to demonstrate an analysis method that was not applicable to the situational case   Answer Question

AF2 Line Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

It was very long process they told us how long we would work for the company before we would get hired. How many point we would get if we stayed off worked. What our jobs consisted of and what we were aspected of as temps, because we wouldn't get the same treatment as the fulltime workers wouldm just make sure we come to work and do our job.

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in April 2013.

I initially interviewed with a recruiter in person at the NSBE Convention. The recruiter was very friendly and the interview only lasted 30 min. She asked basic questions, mostly about my inter experience and a few behavioral questions. About 2 weeks later, the same recruiter called me and asked me to come interview at the site in Lincoln, AL. She sent a packet in the mail that I had to complete. They interviewed people on 2 days, Friday and Saturday with 2 group per day. I went Saturday and was in a group of about 12-15. We did things in rotation. My rotation went as follows: First, 4 of us went in a separate room and learned about HMAs benefits package. The Next rotation for me was the actual interview. There were 5 people in the room, the recruiter, 3 managers and a worker. The interview was simple. Nothing technical. Know about the company. We talked about my intern, why I wanted to work there and what I could bring to the company. The interview lasted 1 hour. The next rotation was a tour of the plant. I forgot to mention that I was fed breakfast before the rotation and lunch afterwards. About 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying I had been denied.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here and what can you bring to the company?
      Have you done any work on your car?

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in November 2012.

Phone interview with basic questions
    On-location group interview, 7-8 people in a small room. Main HR person, 3 engineers, 2 other HR people, and an intern. Questions mostly dealt with job-related experience on my resume and generic interview questions, no quirky questions. Most of the people just watched and didn't say anything, probably observing reactions to questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a team member was falling behind?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in May 2012.

Starts with a generic phone screen that takes 20 or 30 min. They take those answers and let departments review the answers and decide if they want a face to face interview.

Quality Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in March 2011.

Met the recruiters at a college career fair. I had a phone interview with HR. I had a 4 on 1 on-site interview, 3 engineers and an HR rep. Very comfortable for a panel interview. The different engineers outline their specific areas and what the job roles they were looking to fulfill. General behavior questions were asked. Technical questions were skipped because they believed I was over qualified.
    The work environment they outlined wasn't the best in terms of career development. The notion of once your hired your never fired was stated.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in February 2009.

Uses typical behavior based interview technique. Anyone that takes 30 minutes time and googles behavior based interview tips will not have a problem answering their questions.

They try to give candidates the impression that they do not negotiate. And most candidates don't even try.