HMS Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HMS Holdings in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview is via phone. Once that hurdle is cleared, the candidate meets with members of the team, the manager and the CSO. If all goes well, an offer will be made.
The team treats you as a human being, not simply as an anonymous interviewee.
You may even get a question about whether you are a PC or Apple person.
Best advice: be prepared technically, procedurally and relax - we don't bite.

Interview Question – It will depend on the position interviewing for. We have several questions that I am not able to present here, but be prepared for procedural and technical questions.

The questions are difficult for a reason and we don't tend to advertise them because we use them in a rotating manner.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given what I asked for. Be careful to not over estimate your 'work worth' - be competitive with your negotiations but don't overreach.

Business/Data Analyst Interview

Business/Data Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HMS Holdings in July 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of 3 rounds:
1) Initial HR round with all the basic behavioral questions
2) Technical phone screen with Manager
3) On-site (mine was done through phone because I had a situation and could not travel, but be prepared to fly to Irving if needed)

Most of the questions were easy. 3rd round was more of data analysis type questions and SQL skill tests. Overall, the interview went great.

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Was a pretty good offer at that time.

Program Account Manager Interview

Program Account Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – My initial contact was with the recruiter, who conducted a phone interview. Then, I was brought in for a series of 6 thirty minute interviews, all back to back on the same day. All interviewers were very open and honest about the job description and the culture of the company. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were your average generic questions. Expect to be asked about your excel and access abilities.   Answer Question

Informatica Developer Analyst II Interview

Informatica Developer Analyst II
Irving, TX

I applied online and interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – Applied for this position via dice. HR contacted me in a day and thought they are very quick and appreciate the company thinking it is very good. She arranged the interview and said there will be 4 interviewers in the panel with one person as optional and got their names also. I thought they are really spending time and serious about this position and prepared very well. Provided 1-800 number to dial. I have been waiting for the time and dialed in, to my surprise no body showed for the first 7 minutes. I was convincing myself that they are really busy, after 7 of waiting ( you know how the mind the person who is going to be asked so many questions during the interview), one lady dialed in, asking me did any body dialed in, I understood and said to myself that it is okay. She started telling about the work she does and asked me about my experience and projects that I did so far.. and immediately she said, she is done with the call and talking to me. OMG... not even 14 minutes from the time I dialed in. I spent so much time and effort in getting ready to allocate my precious time. These stupid guys no body showed up to talk and only one person showed...she is also not talking/asking. When they are looking to fill out their positions, why do waste our time. Such a worst company. Having these many years of experience, i am not that bad that I can say. With in minutes i got an email saying that, they are not moving forward. I wanted to tell them even if they offer, i dont want to join this company. How can they determine that I am not good with out even talking to me. I will never interview anybody like this. I respect their time and effort and emotions that the candidate goes through. If the employer does not have respect or minimum courtesy, how can he will take care of the employees future. Big hands down. Such a worst company. just waste of time. I never suggest anybody to think about this stupid worst company.

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – Process was very quick. I was contacted by the recruiter, who then forwarded my resume to the Hiring manager. The on-site interview took about 1.5 hours. I was interviewed by a current Program Specialist, who I would be working alongside. Then I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager. She was very knowledgeable about the position and very pleasant to speak with.

Interview Question – If you could have one superpower, what would it be?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – Questions specific to type of position. For a leadership role the questions would be focused on people, communication, judgement skills...technical ability and willingness to train. Would the applicant support the companies core values? Each hiring manager asks their own set of questions. HR has a standard set of screening questions. Advise applicant to follow-up with HR is interview stops at this level.

Interview Question – None for the prepared applicant.   Answer Question

Provider Relations Team Lead Interview

Provider Relations Team Lead

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – Applied via staffing agency - sent video to HMS with qualification - processed take over week due to background check

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate - job offer was completed with staffing agency

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HMS Holdings in October 2013.

Interview Details – They came to our college fair and HR thought my skills are apt for one position they have in team. After one week they called me and scheduled an interview in there office.
Interview with project manager included about previous experiences and then made me take on phone with senior manager who asked same questions. Finally they gave a sheet of questions with sql queries, very simple ones.
After 4-5days gave called me with the offer.

Interview Question – Simple questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was very low

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview Details – One initial interview with prospective supervisor, then a final interview with prospective department director. Very friendly, behavioral-type interview, a technical exam over SQL may or may not be given (as the position is analytical/technical), overall very welcoming. The recruiter does a really great job in getting back to you.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Starting salary was very average for the position.

Health Insurance Verifier Interview

Health Insurance Verifier
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMS Holdings in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was all done through a staffing agency for this position in particular. All agents doing verification are temporary employees "with a chance of permanent employment in the future". As far as the staffing agency interview, it was simple and traditional with my interviewer having a nice bubbly attitude and genuine interest.

Interview Question – The staffing agency interviewer literally asked me what my favorite food was and that is always the hardest question for me to answer any time, much less in an interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation that happened, actually. A summary of the position was given including rate of pay, which I accepted. This is a base rate that isn't able to be bargained up.

Worked for HMS Holdings? Contribute to the Community!