HMS Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.6

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from the recruiter a week later, then phone interview with the hiring manager the next day, 2 days later in-person interview (they were two people interviewing me at the same time), and offer the following Monday. So the interview process basically took 4 days. Loved it!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral questions, so just be prepared with the regular stuff: supervising style, work style, teamwork, handling mistakes etc...   Answer Question

Subrogation Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings (Montgomery, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interesting, I had the opportunity to learn more about the opportunities and advancement. Impressed with the overall advancement opportunities available with the company. The process was very informative. The interview questions pertain to the position and the level of expertise expected to perform in the job role.

Interview Questions

• Paralegal Skills/ Experience questions related to the position.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Very straightforward behavioral interview regarding my experience, background, and my fit for the role. It was very pleasant and felt more like a conversation. This will depend on who conducts the interview.

Medical Review Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

The initial interview was offered by the HR staff who was very friendly. She basically verified the information on my resume and determined if they met the job requirements. Two weeks later, I went to the office had an interview with the manager as well as two supervisors. The atmosphere was very relaxing; and the two supervisors took turn to ask me questions that were on their list. Questions were very basic which included how to deal with peer conflicts and why I wanted to switch jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Through the HR, I was able to negotiate a bit more with my manager.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings in August 2014.

Interview

4 interviewers: very heavy on cisco CLI (command line interface), UNIX, monitoring tools. They were very nice, but I was not well prepared. be prepared for vlan, router, switches and routers

Informatica Developer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied for this position via dice. HR contacted me in a day and thought they are very quick and appreciate the company thinking it is very good. She arranged the interview and said there will be 4 interviewers in the panel with one person as optional and got their names also. I thought they are really spending time and serious about this position and prepared very well. Provided 1-800 number to dial. I have been waiting for the time and dialed in, to my surprise no body showed for the first 7 minutes. I was convincing myself that they are really busy, after 7 of waiting ( you know how the mind the person who is going to be asked so many questions during the interview), one lady dialed in, asking me did any body dialed in, I understood and said to myself that it is okay. She started telling about the work she does and asked me about my experience and projects that I did so far.. and immediately she said, she is done with the call and talking to me. OMG... not even 14 minutes from the time I dialed in. I spent so much time and effort in getting ready to allocate my precious time. These stupid guys no body showed up to talk and only one person showed...she is also not talking/asking. When they are looking to fill out their positions, why do waste our time. Such a worst company. Having these many years of experience, i am not that bad that I can say. With in minutes i got an email saying that, they are not moving forward. I wanted to tell them even if they offer, i dont want to join this company. How can they determine that I am not good with out even talking to me. I will never interview anybody like this. I respect their time and effort and emotions that the candidate goes through. If the employer does not have respect or minimum courtesy, how can he will take care of the employees future. Big hands down. Such a worst company. just waste of time. I never suggest anybody to think about this stupid worst company.

Program Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX).

Interview

My initial contact was with the recruiter, who conducted a phone interview. Then, I was brought in for a series of 6 thirty minute interviews, all back to back on the same day. All interviewers were very open and honest about the job description and the culture of the company. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were your average generic questions. Expect to be asked about your excel and access abilities.   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Process was very quick. I was contacted by the recruiter, who then forwarded my resume to the Hiring manager. The on-site interview took about 1.5 hours. I was interviewed by a current Program Specialist, who I would be working alongside. Then I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager. She was very knowledgeable about the position and very pleasant to speak with.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Questions specific to type of position. For a leadership role the questions would be focused on people, communication, judgement skills...technical ability and willingness to train. Would the applicant support the companies core values? Each hiring manager asks their own set of questions. HR has a standard set of screening questions. Advise applicant to follow-up with HR is interview stops at this level.

Provider Relations Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Applied via staffing agency - sent video to HMS with qualification - processed take over week due to background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - job offer was completed with staffing agency