HMS Holdings

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.5

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Very straightforward behavioral interview regarding my experience, background, and my fit for the role. It was very pleasant and felt more like a conversation. This will depend on who conducts the interview.

Medical Review Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

The initial interview was offered by the HR staff who was very friendly. She basically verified the information on my resume and determined if they met the job requirements. Two weeks later, I went to the office had an interview with the manager as well as two supervisors. The atmosphere was very relaxing; and the two supervisors took turn to ask me questions that were on their list. Questions were very basic which included how to deal with peer conflicts and why I wanted to switch jobs.

Interview Questions
    Through the HR, I was able to negotiate a bit more with my manager.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings in August 2014.

4 interviewers: very heavy on cisco CLI (command line interface), UNIX, monitoring tools. They were very nice, but I was not well prepared. be prepared for vlan, router, switches and routers

Program Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

My initial contact was with the recruiter, who conducted a phone interview. Then, I was brought in for a series of 6 thirty minute interviews, all back to back on the same day. All interviewers were very open and honest about the job description and the culture of the company. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were your average generic questions. Expect to be asked about your excel and access abilities.   Answer Question

Informatica Developer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Applied for this position via dice. HR contacted me in a day and thought they are very quick and appreciate the company thinking it is very good. She arranged the interview and said there will be 4 interviewers in the panel with one person as optional and got their names also. I thought they are really spending time and serious about this position and prepared very well. Provided 1-800 number to dial. I have been waiting for the time and dialed in, to my surprise no body showed for the first 7 minutes. I was convincing myself that they are really busy, after 7 of waiting ( you know how the mind the person who is going to be asked so many questions during the interview), one lady dialed in, asking me did any body dialed in, I understood and said to myself that it is okay. She started telling about the work she does and asked me about my experience and projects that I did so far.. and immediately she said, she is done with the call and talking to me. OMG... not even 14 minutes from the time I dialed in. I spent so much time and effort in getting ready to allocate my precious time. These stupid guys no body showed up to talk and only one person showed...she is also not talking/asking. When they are looking to fill out their positions, why do waste our time. Such a worst company. Having these many years of experience, i am not that bad that I can say. With in minutes i got an email saying that, they are not moving forward. I wanted to tell them even if they offer, i dont want to join this company. How can they determine that I am not good with out even talking to me. I will never interview anybody like this. I respect their time and effort and emotions that the candidate goes through. If the employer does not have respect or minimum courtesy, how can he will take care of the employees future. Big hands down. Such a worst company. just waste of time. I never suggest anybody to think about this stupid worst company.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Process was very quick. I was contacted by the recruiter, who then forwarded my resume to the Hiring manager. The on-site interview took about 1.5 hours. I was interviewed by a current Program Specialist, who I would be working alongside. Then I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager. She was very knowledgeable about the position and very pleasant to speak with.

Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Questions specific to type of position. For a leadership role the questions would be focused on people, communication, judgement skills...technical ability and willingness to train. Would the applicant support the companies core values? Each hiring manager asks their own set of questions. HR has a standard set of screening questions. Advise applicant to follow-up with HR is interview stops at this level.

Provider Relations Team Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

Applied via staffing agency - sent video to HMS with qualification - processed take over week due to background check

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate - job offer was completed with staffing agency

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMS Holdings in October 2013.

They came to our college fair and HR thought my skills are apt for one position they have in team. After one week they called me and scheduled an interview in there office.
    Interview with project manager included about previous experiences and then made me take on phone with senior manager who asked same questions. Finally they gave a sheet of questions with sql queries, very simple ones.
    After 4-5days gave called me with the offer.

Pay was very low

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HMS Holdings.

One initial interview with prospective supervisor, then a final interview with prospective department director. Very friendly, behavioral-type interview, a technical exam over SQL may or may not be given (as the position is analytical/technical), overall very welcoming. The recruiter does a really great job in getting back to you.

Did not negotiate. Starting salary was very average for the position.