HMSHost Assistant Buyer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bethesda, MD
Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in September 2011.

I was first called on the phone and asked to schedule an interview. I went in and spoke with four different interviewers, one at a time. They mentioned that they expected the entire interview process to take about a month and that there would be a second round of interviews before a candidate was chosen. My overall perception of the people was that they were professional and would be a good team to work with. I accepted another job a couple weeks after this interview and hadn't heard back from them at that time.

I would suggest that other candidates find out what area of their business the position is on the phone prior to the interview if it is not obvious from the job posting and then research that particular area of the business on their web site. It wasn't entirely clear what the job was buying but the posting said food industry and I was under the impression that it was for their consumable side but it ended up being for their apparel side.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think are the three most important strengths for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself and your background.   Answer Question

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!