HMSHost

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in March 2012.

Interview Details – I met the company's HR at a career fair; we talked for a short while and they offered to interview with me the following day. The interview was fairly standard. I then had a 2nd interview over the phone with store manager, since I was applying for an out of state job. I was then called back by the HR director with a job offer.

Interview Question – "What is the best way to manage people?"
It's such a vague question it was difficult to determine what they were asking for
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a moving truck covered by the company as I was traveling almost 800 miles from to this job.

Honolulu, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HMSHost in August 2011.

Interview Details – Amazing HR Generalist with excellent understanding of the business and it's expectations

Interview Question – A multitude of behavioral interviews   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went to the Concessions job fair in hopes of getting in front of a hiring manager in regards to the management positions advertised online. I was told to go to the company website, because they had a lot of positions available. Within two weeks I got a call for a one-on-one interview. I felt a little rushed because I literally saw other candidates lined up in the bookstore waiting their turn. I was called back for a second and final interview a week later. It was a very detailed conversation with a lot of questions, but gave me a good understanding of the business.

Reason for Declining – I declined because I had a way better offer from The Paradies Shops. I would have to negotiate just for 40K, and I was making more than that at my previous job. Their benefits started within 45 days (for management!), their off days are split, except for when you get your weekends off, and they wanted a minimum of 50 hours a week. Better offers were on the table, woth more comprehensive benefits packages.

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview that led to a 2nd interview at the Airport. They asked questions from a guiedline they use in every interview. Same questions as always. All of these questions will be job related. Things like "tell me of a time you had to deal with an employee that had a conflict with a customer" Be quick and have a reply to every question!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an employee that did not show up for work on time?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate... Salery was above what I was expecting.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied for a position at the Minneapolis Airport in February, but there were none open at the time. I received a call from the assistant GM in June to see if I was still interested since they received my application back in February. I knew a guy that works there, so I got an interview because of him. I interviewed with the Assistant GM a few days later. My application was passed on to the area manager of the location I'd be working (area manager is below Assistant GM) and after a miscommunication on the scheduled interview, received a call to do the interview over the phone. Both interviews consisted of basic questions that you'd find in most interviews.

I was told I'd hear back in a few days, however, I never heard back.

Interview Question – Rank the following in order of priority. Show (appearance), Safety, Efficiency, Courtesy   View Answer

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!