HMSHost

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview. I found the interview enjoyable, very pleasant and respectful, and a positive experience. The hiring process and computer training was relatively easy, however tedious because it was lengthy and sedentary.

Interview Question – I have worked for this company for several years, and since so many months have lapsed, I don't remember specifics about the questions asked and answered, nor about their difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You are offered the position and if you are interested in working you take it.

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in July 2012.

Interview Details – After an online submission and short questionnaire I was hired on the spot and offered a permanent, full time position. I was interviewed by one person. After waiting for security clearance and drug test I was expected to start immediately. I then found out after training and after I had left my previous position (a four week process for clearance and training) for the extended job no longer existed because the flights were moved to another area and the assistant manager did not know why I was on her schedule. I was told by HR Manager that she was very sorry that I was now jobless but sometimes when they "hire for projected business and it falls though and sometimes that is how it is in an airport. They had no way of knowing the airlines would go to another gate" she did, however, inform me that I was applicable to apply for another position inside the company online and would be considered first for the interview with the unit managers since my position was eliminated.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work in the airport and how did I learn of the open position, simple questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple accept or reject, no negotiations.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

Interview Details – After attending a job fair at the College Park Convention Center for airport jobs, I was contacted by a recruiter to interview. After interviewing with a manager one on one, I was offered a position in one of the new restaurants opening May 1st. I was instructed to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. However, that is where the process stops running smooth. I submitted to all of the tests approaching three weeks ago now and when I try to check the status, I am given the ole "don't call us, we'll call you" from virtually everyone in human resources. I understand they have a huge influx of new hires due to the number of people they needed to fill positions with. I just wish they would take the time to check the status of individuals who inquire. It's easy for them to say wait for the call because they are on someone's clock earning a paycheck. But for someone who has been out of work and diligently seeking it for the past three months, this hurts. Sill looking for my call to orientation to begin. Would love for it to be this week or early next... fingers crossed.

Interview Question – What are the greatest challenges presented as a bartender from a customer service perspective?   Answer Question

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!