HMSHost Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very easy, they were desperate for help so they were not difficult to interview with. Had to wait for the manager past the time i was told to be there. He did not appoligize for being late

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service, what made it special   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line a few hours later I was called for a interview. The interview process was very nice and smooth. Later on that evening I scheduled my finger printing for the next day and I am waiting for the backround check to come back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Filled out application online they called back in a few days and was brought in for a interview. The first interview was brief followed by another interview with assistant manger.Then i was scheduled for a drug test and that took about 2 weeks then i started for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation took place

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was pleasant. He wasn't intimidating and I didn't feel uncomfortable. The questions were straight forward and I was given a small tour and escorted around the areas where I could be working. After that he asked me if I was still interested after that whole process and I told him yes I was, I was then given the job and started the training within 2days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you choose: Speed or cleanliness?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Called me and told me an interview for specific day. Interview was an actual interview, told me a background check would be done in 2 weeks. It didn't come back until 4 weeks later when they told me to come in for training. Sat in the basement of the building and did 'computer' training for 8 hours. Initially just thrown in to where they want to put you and told you to figure it out, trained by other employees.

Negotiation

Didn't really have to do much negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I had filled out an application online, I recieved an email Tuesday, for an interview Wednesday. I went to the interview at the MSP airport where I met with the manager. I was asked alot of STAR questions. He liked me alot and told me ' I want her to hire you, you have eveything we need and want. ' He then sent me to the room where the lady was telling us about the drug, background and fingerprint test, and the orientation date. I went the next day ( Thursday ) to do my drug test across the street at the clinic and fingerprint for my badge at the airport. That went pretty fast, I was in and I was out. I was told those two test could take up to 7 business days to come back. But I got a call back on Tuesday, and I start orientation next week Tuesday :))

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you had bad service, as you being the customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you had a great service done, as you being the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I went to the Atlanta Airport Job Fair, which was conducted outside the airport in a trailer. After waiting in line for about 40 mins, I sat down with the manager for one of the concessions, and she explained that the new terminal will be opening May 16, 2012, and they are looking to fill 700 positions. She asked for my resume and begin to interview me. I felt really comfortable with her. After the interview I was offered the position of cashier. I was escorted to a room where I had to fill out paperwork. After the paperwork was filled out, I was instructed to go take a drug test at the AeroClinic inside the airport. I had 48 hrs to complete the drug test. After the drug test, I was told to go to the DOA to get fingerprinted(criminal background check). After the process, I was told it should take 5-7 business days to complete the process, and they will call me. It's only been a week since this happened, so now I am waiting for a call to get my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were asked to do something against policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Spokane, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was an in and out process. No questions were asked regarding to me personally. It honestly didn't help me. I did not get seen at the scheduled time, and was put late since I was a bus rider at the time.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

It was the easiest job interview i every had

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got hired after the interview was done

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Somerset, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview is very laid back and casual. It was a one on one process. They held it in the dining room of one of the restaurants. Its a very entry level job site, so breathe easy, you basically would have to have too many visual tatoos, piercings, or not pass a drug test to not get hired.

Interview Questions

• Basic entry level job questions. Experience, reliable car, scheduling conflicts.   Answer Question