HMSHost

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1 easy interview . Basic questions about customer service and scenarios of what you would do or how you would react. HR was nice and answered all my questions. I started working 1 week later and training lasted only 2 days.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – Called me and told me an interview for specific day. Interview was an actual interview, told me a background check would be done in 2 weeks. It didn't come back until 4 weeks later when they told me to come in for training. Sat in the basement of the building and did 'computer' training for 8 hours. Initially just thrown in to where they want to put you and told you to figure it out, trained by other employees.

Negotiation Details – Didn't really have to do much negotiation.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was the easiest job interview i every had

Interview Question – Nothing was to unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got hired after the interview was done

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had filled out an application online, I recieved an email Tuesday, for an interview Wednesday. I went to the interview at the MSP airport where I met with the manager. I was asked alot of STAR questions. He liked me alot and told me ' I want her to hire you, you have eveything we need and want. ' He then sent me to the room where the lady was telling us about the drug, background and fingerprint test, and the orientation date. I went the next day ( Thursday ) to do my drug test across the street at the clinic and fingerprint for my badge at the airport. That went pretty fast, I was in and I was out. I was told those two test could take up to 7 business days to come back. But I got a call back on Tuesday, and I start orientation next week Tuesday :))

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you had bad service, as you being the customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you felt you had a great service done, as you being the customer.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went to the Atlanta Airport Job Fair, which was conducted outside the airport in a trailer. After waiting in line for about 40 mins, I sat down with the manager for one of the concessions, and she explained that the new terminal will be opening May 16, 2012, and they are looking to fill 700 positions. She asked for my resume and begin to interview me. I felt really comfortable with her. After the interview I was offered the position of cashier. I was escorted to a room where I had to fill out paperwork. After the paperwork was filled out, I was instructed to go take a drug test at the AeroClinic inside the airport. I had 48 hrs to complete the drug test. After the drug test, I was told to go to the DOA to get fingerprinted(criminal background check). After the process, I was told it should take 5-7 business days to complete the process, and they will call me. It's only been a week since this happened, so now I am waiting for a call to get my orientation date.

Interview Questions

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – about three weeks

Interview Question – Background Check   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, only after I make supervisor

Interviews for Top Jobs at HMSHost

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HMSHost Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by HMSHost employees and interview candidates.