HMSHost Interview Questions

2.0

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biddeford, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost.

My first interview was flawless, and was told I was going to the second interview.
    Was called the next day for the second interview for the following day.
    I was interviewed by the district manager, whom off the bat did not like me.
    He said I was certainly qualified but he wasn't looking for that, he wanted to know if I could handle people?????
    Well that is all I do.
    I am a woman and he has all men managers? Hmm is there a problem there?

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager a few days later. I went in for an interview at the location where I'd be hired. It was an extremely easy interview, probably the easiest one I've ever done.

She asked me about my previous experience which was on my resume, my availability, easy stuff. There was no difficult questions.

I was hired on the spot and was told it would take a few days to a week for the background check. After a week, I called to make sure things were still in the works, and the hiring manager said she hadn't gotten the BG check back yet but she'd let me know. A few days later she called me to come in for orientation.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elverson, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elverson, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2014.

They interviewed me first in a small hotel room. They asked about what i like to do and the normal stuff. They then set up an interview with the District Manager and HR. During that interview they asked the same questions. Went on about how they value a life outside of work... Later i was told that was BS by the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Would you call out someone in a higher position if they were doing something wrong?   View Answer
    they locked me in an office in the back of the plaza and went out to type up the offer and i accepted it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at HMSHost.

Had a prescreen phone interview....interview next week

Interview Questions
    • How long will the interview take and what do they look for in an employee?   Answer Question

Barista (Starbucks Franchise) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in February 2014.

I applied online, was called 2 weeks later. It took about a week to go through orientation and do computer training. I started work 5 days after orientation.

none

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HMSHost in February 2014.

Saw several openings for Starbucks at YVR, first found them online while searching for jobs. Applied in person where I filled out a form and submitted it along with my resume. I had an one-to-one interview two days later -- first with the hiring manager and then the actual manager. Questions were very simple, general interview questions. After the interviews were over, I was told to wait about a week or so for a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions and one or two scenario questions, nothing that hard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost.

Called me and told me an interview for specific day. Interview was an actual interview, told me a background check would be done in 2 weeks. It didn't come back until 4 weeks later when they told me to come in for training. Sat in the basement of the building and did 'computer' training for 8 hours. Initially just thrown in to where they want to put you and told you to figure it out, trained by other employees.

Didn't really have to do much negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost in December 2013.

Interviewer showed up 1/2 hour from time my interview was supposed to be, and used a script interview sheet.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HMSHost in November 2013.

After being screened by HR, I proceeded to meet with one of the Starbucks managers at HMSHost Dulles. A very outgoing and friendly man. Asked me questions about my resume and my goals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really anything difficult regarding questions.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

When I submit the application they call me 1.week after that, they give 2 interviews bla bla bla

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!