HMSHost

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.0

Accountant Interview

I was not hard. Try to show you consistency and willingness to learn.
    There will be some short essay you have to write, and some excel spreadsheet you have to create.
    Overall, it was an easy test for me.

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

I had one interview, the manager asked why did I want the job. We talked about my experience and qualifications. There is room for opportunity if you want it and you try.

N/A

Fast Food Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

I went to job fair held at lax site. It was sort of like a speed dating process, as all the candidates interviewed with each terminal manager. We had 3 mins with each manager to answer questions and tell them about ourselves & experience, and were grade at the end. It was a little weird and impersonal, but it prompted you to make an effort to be remembered. They told me that day I was hired, filled out some paperwork and was scheduled for orientation. After about 3 weeks of going to orientation, 2 training days, waiting for background check, & getting airport badge, I got my restaurant post & and started work. Job is good for pay above minimum, thats about it, favortism and seniority sucks!!

Interview Questions
    No pay negotiation, union dues are high & suck considering the fact that you dont get any benefits until after six months.

Cashier Interview

interviewed at HMSHost in November 2014.

I applied on line a few hours later I was called for a interview. The interview process was very nice and smooth. Later on that evening I scheduled my finger printing for the next day and I am waiting for the backround check to come back.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

Filled out application online they called back in a few days and was brought in for a interview. The first interview was brief followed by another interview with assistant manger.Then i was scheduled for a drug test and that took about 2 weeks then i started for work.

no negotiation took place

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at HMSHost in October 2014.

I met on of the Area Managers at a job fair. I was interviewed by her and then I was contacted the very next day by a Regional Director for a 2nd interview. I was given a 3rd interview within 5 days after that. The process was very good. Fast. Area Directors were very nice. Very pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to manage a store that does not have a set "peak" time.   View Answer
    Really no negotiations phase involved. Very straight forward.

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

I applied online – interviewed at HMSHost.

My first interview was flawless, and was told I was going to the second interview.
    Was called the next day for the second interview for the following day.
    I was interviewed by the district manager, whom off the bat did not like me.
    He said I was certainly qualified but he wasn't looking for that, he wanted to know if I could handle people?????
    Well that is all I do.
    I am a woman and he has all men managers? Hmm is there a problem there?

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager a few days later. I went in for an interview at the location where I'd be hired. It was an extremely easy interview, probably the easiest one I've ever done.

She asked me about my previous experience which was on my resume, my availability, easy stuff. There was no difficult questions.

I was hired on the spot and was told it would take a few days to a week for the background check. After a week, I called to make sure things were still in the works, and the hiring manager said she hadn't gotten the BG check back yet but she'd let me know. A few days later she called me to come in for orientation.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elverson, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elverson, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost in April 2014.

They interviewed me first in a small hotel room. They asked about what i like to do and the normal stuff. They then set up an interview with the District Manager and HR. During that interview they asked the same questions. Went on about how they value a life outside of work... Later i was told that was BS by the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Would you call out someone in a higher position if they were doing something wrong?   View Answer
    they locked me in an office in the back of the plaza and went out to type up the offer and i accepted it.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in February 2014.

Saw several openings for Starbucks at YVR, first found them online while searching for jobs. Applied in person where I filled out a form and submitted it along with my resume. I had an one-to-one interview two days later -- first with the hiring manager and then the actual manager. Questions were very simple, general interview questions. After the interviews were over, I was told to wait about a week or so for a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions and one or two scenario questions, nothing that hard.   Answer Question