HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very easy, they were desperate for help so they were not difficult to interview with. Had to wait for the manager past the time i was told to be there. He did not appoligize for being late

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service, what made it special   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I understand if I am not the right fit for a company, but I find it completely unprofessional if the company doesn't have the courtesy to email you back and let you know you weren't selected. After a few weeks and multiple interviews, the Manager couldn't be bothered to respond to me and let me know they weren't interested in moving forward. This is just bad business etiquette!

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that had a financial impact on your company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I applied on its website. Couple days late, I got an email and scheduled an phone interview. After the phone interview, an interview was scheduled. The interview was not hard. Regular interview questions. No skill tests.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Falls, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Little Falls, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with the head of operations for the local thruway rest stop, and briefly discussed what sort of work I was looking for. While originally I was going to interview for Burger King, I was told my personality would be better suited to the licensed Starbucks. I then interviewed with the shift supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked about prior retail experience.   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional interview. I was greeted by a rude manager and then forced to walk around an airport terminal while he tracked down my resume, all the while being asked questions about my work history. I had a great first interview with a different manager, but my second interview was a disaster and I'm sure that is what cost me the job. Considering the location was at an airport and I had to come two days in a row and pay for parking, I was not pleased at all by the process. After my second interview, no phone call or letter to let me know they went in a different direction. I was just left hanging.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HMSHost (Elkhart, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy, walked in and within five minutes I was hired. They just asked what I currently do/ work experience. I was surprised at how simple it all was. Easiest interview ever. She said they would call me the next day and then I just had to go fill out paperwork. Nothin was done very professionally but overall I guess it was ok.

Cashroom Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oneida, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost (Oneida, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I have multiple degrees in Accounting and several years of experience in the field. I applied for a part-time Cashroom Clerk position and was never offered a position. Apparently this particular location is looking for a CPA to work for $10/hr.

Accountant Interview

Interview

I was not hard. Try to show you consistency and willingness to learn. There will be some short essay you have to write, and some excel spreadsheet you have to create. Overall, it was an easy test for me.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I had one interview, the manager asked why did I want the job. We talked about my experience and qualifications. There is room for opportunity if you want it and you try.

Negotiation

N/A

Fast Food Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went to job fair held at lax site. It was sort of like a speed dating process, as all the candidates interviewed with each terminal manager. We had 3 mins with each manager to answer questions and tell them about ourselves & experience, and were grade at the end. It was a little weird and impersonal, but it prompted you to make an effort to be remembered. They told me that day I was hired, filled out some paperwork and was scheduled for orientation. After about 3 weeks of going to orientation, 2 training days, waiting for background check, & getting airport badge, I got my restaurant post & and started work. Job is good for pay above minimum, thats about it, favortism and seniority sucks!!

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No pay negotiation, union dues are high & suck considering the fact that you dont get any benefits until after six months.