HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.9

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I had one interview, the manager asked why did I want the job. We talked about my experience and qualifications. There is room for opportunity if you want it and you try.

Negotiation

N/A

Fast Food Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went to job fair held at lax site. It was sort of like a speed dating process, as all the candidates interviewed with each terminal manager. We had 3 mins with each manager to answer questions and tell them about ourselves & experience, and were grade at the end. It was a little weird and impersonal, but it prompted you to make an effort to be remembered. They told me that day I was hired, filled out some paperwork and was scheduled for orientation. After about 3 weeks of going to orientation, 2 training days, waiting for background check, & getting airport badge, I got my restaurant post & and started work. Job is good for pay above minimum, thats about it, favortism and seniority sucks!!

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No pay negotiation, union dues are high & suck considering the fact that you dont get any benefits until after six months.

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line a few hours later I was called for a interview. The interview process was very nice and smooth. Later on that evening I scheduled my finger printing for the next day and I am waiting for the backround check to come back.

Short Order Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

There is seven to ten people in the room. We all came to sit in front of the supervisor and was interview one by one. When the whole process was over, she told us we need identification and to be hand-printed to check our background. Once our backgrounds are clear that we would come back and sign tax forms and be trained before we started working.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Filled out application online they called back in a few days and was brought in for a interview. The first interview was brief followed by another interview with assistant manger.Then i was scheduled for a drug test and that took about 2 weeks then i started for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation took place

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I met on of the Area Managers at a job fair. I was interviewed by her and then I was contacted the very next day by a Regional Director for a 2nd interview. I was given a 3rd interview within 5 days after that. The process was very good. Fast. Area Directors were very nice. Very pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to manage a store that does not have a set "peak" time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really no negotiations phase involved. Very straight forward.

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Biddeford, ME).

Interview

My first interview was flawless, and was told I was going to the second interview. Was called the next day for the second interview for the following day. I was interviewed by the district manager, whom off the bat did not like me. He said I was certainly qualified but he wasn't looking for that, he wanted to know if I could handle people????? Well that is all I do. I am a woman and he has all men managers? Hmm is there a problem there?

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick The Interviewer Was Nice She Asked Me About My Previous Job What's My Strengths & Weaknesses Am I Realibe Did I Understand It Was Part Time What's My Availability Could I Start Soon

Interview Questions

• How Do I Handle An Irate Customer?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Elkhart, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager a few days later. I went in for an interview at the location where I'd be hired. It was an extremely easy interview, probably the easiest one I've ever done. She asked me about my previous experience which was on my resume, my availability, easy stuff. There was no difficult questions. I was hired on the spot and was told it would take a few days to a week for the background check. After a week, I called to make sure things were still in the works, and the hiring manager said she hadn't gotten the BG check back yet but she'd let me know. A few days later she called me to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was pleasant. He wasn't intimidating and I didn't feel uncomfortable. The questions were straight forward and I was given a small tour and escorted around the areas where I could be working. After that he asked me if I was still interested after that whole process and I told him yes I was, I was then given the job and started the training within 2days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you choose: Speed or cleanliness?   1 Answer