HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

1.9

Server Interview

Filled out the application online and got called the next day for an interview. When I got there for the interview there were a lot of ppl there for different positions at different stores. I was interview by the food and beverage manager. Pretty much a basic interview for your typical restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Filled out some paper work and came in a week later for my orientation.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

interviewed at HMSHost in June 2013.

i applied online a few days later got a job interview call. they sat me down in the food court area and went over a sheet of questions. stuff like " what did you learn most from your previous work experience". and "tell me the last time you had good/bad customer service".
    got a call to be hired 2 hours later.

they set up an orientation, which we went over company policies and then i went to get my security badge and put in my fingerprints. im still waiting on this. my next step is to go to training after i get cleared.

they said they drug test theyre employees but it doesnt make sense to wait after training to do it.

Interview Questions
    • what did you learn most from your previous work experience.
      when was the last time you had good/bad customer service.
        Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfall, PA

I applied online – interviewed at HMSHost in June 2013.

The interview seemed to go well. I talked to a hiring manager on the phone and then had an in store interview at the travel plaza. She said she thought I was qualified for the position and told me that I would get a call for the next interview, as the next person doing the interview had a busy work load. That call never came.

Interview Questions
    • My personal most difficult question was what I wanted to do in the future, as I have a degree in something completely different than what I was applying for.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in April 2013.

Was called in for an interview not long after I applied. Then was called in for a second. Very simple, basic and quick interview. Nothing special. Was then told when the orientation was and that was it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Wish I had declined the offer, though.

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMSHost.

interesting interview process, because hr is in a different terminal of the airport then where you will be working

Interview Questions
    its bartending no negotiation for tips

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

Very thorough interview. I found the interview enjoyable, very pleasant and respectful, and a positive experience. The hiring process and computer training was relatively easy, however tedious because it was lengthy and sedentary.

Interview Questions
    • I have worked for this company for several years, and since so many months have lapsed, I don't remember specifics about the questions asked and answered, nor about their difficulty.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You are offered the position and if you are interested in working you take it.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost in February 2013.

Great interview and easy hiring process

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in January 2013.

Was referred by a friend and called in for a interview. Had to come back for a second interview because the original person that was suppose to interview me was not there. Came for second interview didn't get asked any questions just was told about the company and if i had any questions. At the end she liked that i smiled and hired me on spot. Had to fill out paperwork,finger prints, go to another site to do drug test within 48 hours, and was told i would get a call for orientation date when everything came back. Orientation was 3 days paid. After orientation went to our managers for schedule.

No negotiation pay set

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   View Answer
    They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in November 2012.

Still waiting 4+ weeks and have already received airport badge. Not sure what is going on. I am suppossed to receive a call when to start orientation but still waiting.

There wasn't any