HMSHost

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2009.

Interview Details – I heard of the position through a friend who worked for HMS Host. I went directly to the HR office at Sky Harbor. I filled out my application and had a face to face interview. I was asked about general bartending knowledge even though I was not applying for a bartending position. I was hired. There was a drug test, criminal background check, and training. It took about 3 weeks before I worked my first shift.

Interview Question – I was asked around 10 questions regarding liquor / cocktail mixing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay + tips. No negotiation. Benefits were good.

Utility Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in November 2012.

Interview Details – Still waiting 4+ weeks and have already received airport badge. Not sure what is going on. I am suppossed to receive a call when to start orientation but still waiting.

Interview Question – None. Very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Question – They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Porter/Utility Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 person interview a person I don,t know from Hr, private interview 1st day I applied for job

Interview Question – What would I do if I had a problem customer, but my job did not deal with customers I backed back of house   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in July 2012.

Interview Details – After an online submission and short questionnaire I was hired on the spot and offered a permanent, full time position. I was interviewed by one person. After waiting for security clearance and drug test I was expected to start immediately. I then found out after training and after I had left my previous position (a four week process for clearance and training) for the extended job no longer existed because the flights were moved to another area and the assistant manager did not know why I was on her schedule. I was told by HR Manager that she was very sorry that I was now jobless but sometimes when they "hire for projected business and it falls though and sometimes that is how it is in an airport. They had no way of knowing the airlines would go to another gate" she did, however, inform me that I was applicable to apply for another position inside the company online and would be considered first for the interview with the unit managers since my position was eliminated.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work in the airport and how did I learn of the open position, simple questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple accept or reject, no negotiations.

Snack Bar Attendant Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in March 2011.

Interview Details – There was an over the phone, face-to-face then a call back. After that was accomplished you had slide show and video training with questions and an orientation.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult or unexpected its basically the same as any other job interview and went smoothly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me they like my personality, work ethic and the way I handle myself and asked if I would like a position working for 8.00 and hour and then after 6 months I would recieve a raise. They told me the benefits I would be recieving upon working for them and was told of how the orientation process would be like and they asked if i would be able to complete it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Honolulu, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HMSHost in August 2011.

Interview Details – Amazing HR Generalist with excellent understanding of the business and it's expectations

Interview Question – A multitude of behavioral interviews   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had filled out an application online, I recieved an email Tuesday, for an interview Wednesday. I went to the interview at the MSP airport where I met with the manager. I was asked alot of STAR questions. He liked me alot and told me ' I want her to hire you, you have eveything we need and want. ' He then sent me to the room where the lady was telling us about the drug, background and fingerprint test, and the orientation date. I went the next day ( Thursday ) to do my drug test across the street at the clinic and fingerprint for my badge at the airport. That went pretty fast, I was in and I was out. I was told those two test could take up to 7 business days to come back. But I got a call back on Tuesday, and I start orientation next week Tuesday :))

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you had bad service, as you being the customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you felt you had a great service done, as you being the customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went to the Concessions job fair in hopes of getting in front of a hiring manager in regards to the management positions advertised online. I was told to go to the company website, because they had a lot of positions available. Within two weeks I got a call for a one-on-one interview. I felt a little rushed because I literally saw other candidates lined up in the bookstore waiting their turn. I was called back for a second and final interview a week later. It was a very detailed conversation with a lot of questions, but gave me a good understanding of the business.

Reason for Declining – I declined because I had a way better offer from The Paradies Shops. I would have to negotiate just for 40K, and I was making more than that at my previous job. Their benefits started within 45 days (for management!), their off days are split, except for when you get your weekends off, and they wanted a minimum of 50 hours a week. Better offers were on the table, woth more comprehensive benefits packages.

Bartender Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

Interview Details – After attending a job fair at the College Park Convention Center for airport jobs, I was contacted by a recruiter to interview. After interviewing with a manager one on one, I was offered a position in one of the new restaurants opening May 1st. I was instructed to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. However, that is where the process stops running smooth. I submitted to all of the tests approaching three weeks ago now and when I try to check the status, I am given the ole "don't call us, we'll call you" from virtually everyone in human resources. I understand they have a huge influx of new hires due to the number of people they needed to fill positions with. I just wish they would take the time to check the status of individuals who inquire. It's easy for them to say wait for the call because they are on someone's clock earning a paycheck. But for someone who has been out of work and diligently seeking it for the past three months, this hurts. Sill looking for my call to orientation to begin. Would love for it to be this week or early next... fingers crossed.

Interview Question – What are the greatest challenges presented as a bartender from a customer service perspective?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HMSHost