HMSHost

2.0

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   View Answer
    They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in November 2012.

Still waiting 4+ weeks and have already received airport badge. Not sure what is going on. I am suppossed to receive a call when to start orientation but still waiting.

There wasn't any

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in October 2012.

Interview went well. I thought I got the job but the hired someone from outside.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in July 2012.

After an online submission and short questionnaire I was hired on the spot and offered a permanent, full time position. I was interviewed by one person. After waiting for security clearance and drug test I was expected to start immediately. I then found out after training and after I had left my previous position (a four week process for clearance and training) for the extended job no longer existed because the flights were moved to another area and the assistant manager did not know why I was on her schedule. I was told by HR Manager that she was very sorry that I was now jobless but sometimes when they "hire for projected business and it falls though and sometimes that is how it is in an airport. They had no way of knowing the airlines would go to another gate" she did, however, inform me that I was applicable to apply for another position inside the company online and would be considered first for the interview with the unit managers since my position was eliminated.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work in the airport and how did I learn of the open position, simple questions.   View Answer
    Simple accept or reject, no negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

I had filled out an application online, I recieved an email Tuesday, for an interview Wednesday. I went to the interview at the MSP airport where I met with the manager. I was asked alot of STAR questions. He liked me alot and told me ' I want her to hire you, you have eveything we need and want. ' He then sent me to the room where the lady was telling us about the drug, background and fingerprint test, and the orientation date. I went the next day ( Thursday ) to do my drug test across the street at the clinic and fingerprint for my badge at the airport. That went pretty fast, I was in and I was out. I was told those two test could take up to 7 business days to come back. But I got a call back on Tuesday, and I start orientation next week Tuesday :))

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you had bad service, as you being the customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you had a great service done, as you being the customer.   Answer Question

Porter/Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

1 person interview a person I don,t know from Hr, private interview 1st day I applied for job

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I had a problem customer, but my job did not deal with customers I backed back of house   View Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

Took 1 month to start training from the interview question.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable with extreme prejudice

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

I went to the Atlanta Airport Job Fair, which was conducted outside the airport in a trailer. After waiting in line for about 40 mins, I sat down with the manager for one of the concessions, and she explained that the new terminal will be opening May 16, 2012, and they are looking to fill 700 positions. She asked for my resume and begin to interview me. I felt really comfortable with her. After the interview I was offered the position of cashier. I was escorted to a room where I had to fill out paperwork. After the paperwork was filled out, I was instructed to go take a drug test at the AeroClinic inside the airport. I had 48 hrs to complete the drug test. After the drug test, I was told to go to the DOA to get fingerprinted(criminal background check). After the process, I was told it should take 5-7 business days to complete the process, and they will call me. It's only been a week since this happened, so now I am waiting for a call to get my orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment in life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were asked to do something against policy?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

I went to the Concessions job fair in hopes of getting in front of a hiring manager in regards to the management positions advertised online. I was told to go to the company website, because they had a lot of positions available. Within two weeks I got a call for a one-on-one interview. I felt a little rushed because I literally saw other candidates lined up in the bookstore waiting their turn. I was called back for a second and final interview a week later. It was a very detailed conversation with a lot of questions, but gave me a good understanding of the business.

I declined because I had a way better offer from The Paradies Shops. I would have to negotiate just for 40K, and I was making more than that at my previous job. Their benefits started within 45 days (for management!), their off days are split, except for when you get your weekends off, and they wanted a minimum of 50 hours a week. Better offers were on the table, woth more comprehensive benefits packages.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in April 2012.

After attending a job fair at the College Park Convention Center for airport jobs, I was contacted by a recruiter to interview. After interviewing with a manager one on one, I was offered a position in one of the new restaurants opening May 1st. I was instructed to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. However, that is where the process stops running smooth. I submitted to all of the tests approaching three weeks ago now and when I try to check the status, I am given the ole "don't call us, we'll call you" from virtually everyone in human resources. I understand they have a huge influx of new hires due to the number of people they needed to fill positions with. I just wish they would take the time to check the status of individuals who inquire. It's easy for them to say wait for the call because they are on someone's clock earning a paycheck. But for someone who has been out of work and diligently seeking it for the past three months, this hurts. Sill looking for my call to orientation to begin. Would love for it to be this week or early next... fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • What are the greatest challenges presented as a bartender from a customer service perspective?   Answer Question