HMSHost

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

1.9

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMSHost.

interesting interview process, because hr is in a different terminal of the airport then where you will be working

Interview Questions
    its bartending no negotiation for tips

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

Very thorough interview. I found the interview enjoyable, very pleasant and respectful, and a positive experience. The hiring process and computer training was relatively easy, however tedious because it was lengthy and sedentary.

Interview Questions
    • I have worked for this company for several years, and since so many months have lapsed, I don't remember specifics about the questions asked and answered, nor about their difficulty.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You are offered the position and if you are interested in working you take it.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost in February 2013.

Great interview and easy hiring process

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in January 2013.

Was referred by a friend and called in for a interview. Had to come back for a second interview because the original person that was suppose to interview me was not there. Came for second interview didn't get asked any questions just was told about the company and if i had any questions. At the end she liked that i smiled and hired me on spot. Had to fill out paperwork,finger prints, go to another site to do drug test within 48 hours, and was told i would get a call for orientation date when everything came back. Orientation was 3 days paid. After orientation went to our managers for schedule.

No negotiation pay set

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost.

By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   View Answer
    They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in November 2012.

Still waiting 4+ weeks and have already received airport badge. Not sure what is going on. I am suppossed to receive a call when to start orientation but still waiting.

There wasn't any

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in October 2012.

Interview went well. I thought I got the job but the hired someone from outside.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in July 2012.

After an online submission and short questionnaire I was hired on the spot and offered a permanent, full time position. I was interviewed by one person. After waiting for security clearance and drug test I was expected to start immediately. I then found out after training and after I had left my previous position (a four week process for clearance and training) for the extended job no longer existed because the flights were moved to another area and the assistant manager did not know why I was on her schedule. I was told by HR Manager that she was very sorry that I was now jobless but sometimes when they "hire for projected business and it falls though and sometimes that is how it is in an airport. They had no way of knowing the airlines would go to another gate" she did, however, inform me that I was applicable to apply for another position inside the company online and would be considered first for the interview with the unit managers since my position was eliminated.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work in the airport and how did I learn of the open position, simple questions.   View Answer
    Simple accept or reject, no negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

I had filled out an application online, I recieved an email Tuesday, for an interview Wednesday. I went to the interview at the MSP airport where I met with the manager. I was asked alot of STAR questions. He liked me alot and told me ' I want her to hire you, you have eveything we need and want. ' He then sent me to the room where the lady was telling us about the drug, background and fingerprint test, and the orientation date. I went the next day ( Thursday ) to do my drug test across the street at the clinic and fingerprint for my badge at the airport. That went pretty fast, I was in and I was out. I was told those two test could take up to 7 business days to come back. But I got a call back on Tuesday, and I start orientation next week Tuesday :))

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you had bad service, as you being the customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you had a great service done, as you being the customer.   Answer Question

Porter/Utility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in June 2012.

1 person interview a person I don,t know from Hr, private interview 1st day I applied for job

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I had a problem customer, but my job did not deal with customers I backed back of house   View Answer