HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

1.9

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterfall, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HMSHost (Waterfall, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview seemed to go well. I talked to a hiring manager on the phone and then had an in store interview at the travel plaza. She said she thought I was qualified for the position and told me that I would get a call for the next interview, as the next person doing the interview had a busy work load. That call never came.

Interview Questions

• My personal most difficult question was what I wanted to do in the future, as I have a degree in something completely different than what I was applying for.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HMSHost (Allentown, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was called in for an interview not long after I applied. Then was called in for a second. Very simple, basic and quick interview. Nothing special. Was then told when the orientation was and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Wish I had declined the offer, though.

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

interesting interview process, because hr is in a different terminal of the airport then where you will be working

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its bartending no negotiation for tips

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Very thorough interview. I found the interview enjoyable, very pleasant and respectful, and a positive experience. The hiring process and computer training was relatively easy, however tedious because it was lengthy and sedentary.

Interview Questions

• I have worked for this company for several years, and since so many months have lapsed, I don't remember specifics about the questions asked and answered, nor about their difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You are offered the position and if you are interested in working you take it.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HMSHost in February 2013.

Interview

Great interview and easy hiring process

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and called in for a interview. Had to come back for a second interview because the original person that was suppose to interview me was not there. Came for second interview didn't get asked any questions just was told about the company and if i had any questions. At the end she liked that i smiled and hired me on spot. Had to fill out paperwork,finger prints, go to another site to do drug test within 48 hours, and was told i would get a call for orientation date when everything came back. Orientation was 3 days paid. After orientation went to our managers for schedule.

Negotiation

No negotiation pay set

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Still waiting 4+ weeks and have already received airport badge. Not sure what is going on. I am suppossed to receive a call when to start orientation but still waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Bethesda, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview went well. I thought I got the job but the hired someone from outside.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HMSHost (Miami, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

After an online submission and short questionnaire I was hired on the spot and offered a permanent, full time position. I was interviewed by one person. After waiting for security clearance and drug test I was expected to start immediately. I then found out after training and after I had left my previous position (a four week process for clearance and training) for the extended job no longer existed because the flights were moved to another area and the assistant manager did not know why I was on her schedule. I was told by HR Manager that she was very sorry that I was now jobless but sometimes when they "hire for projected business and it falls though and sometimes that is how it is in an airport. They had no way of knowing the airlines would go to another gate" she did, however, inform me that I was applicable to apply for another position inside the company online and would be considered first for the interview with the unit managers since my position was eliminated.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work in the airport and how did I learn of the open position, simple questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple accept or reject, no negotiations.