HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.9

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elverson, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Elverson, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me first in a small hotel room. They asked about what i like to do and the normal stuff. They then set up an interview with the District Manager and HR. During that interview they asked the same questions. Went on about how they value a life outside of work... Later i was told that was BS by the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you call out someone in a higher position if they were doing something wrong?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they locked me in an office in the back of the plaza and went out to type up the offer and i accepted it.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Richmond, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Saw several openings for Starbucks at YVR, first found them online while searching for jobs. Applied in person where I filled out a form and submitted it along with my resume. I had an one-to-one interview two days later -- first with the hiring manager and then the actual manager. Questions were very simple, general interview questions. After the interviews were over, I was told to wait about a week or so for a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions and one or two scenario questions, nothing that hard.   Answer Question

Barista (Starbucks Franchise) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was called 2 weeks later. It took about a week to go through orientation and do computer training. I started work 5 days after orientation.

Negotiation

none

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

The review was simple and fast. Straight to the point. We sat down in a restaurant in a airport terminal and began talking. It was about a 10 minute interview. He took notes and then we parted ways.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my work experience. My plans in life (college) and extracurricular activities.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Called me and told me an interview for specific day. Interview was an actual interview, told me a background check would be done in 2 weeks. It didn't come back until 4 weeks later when they told me to come in for training. Sat in the basement of the building and did 'computer' training for 8 hours. Initially just thrown in to where they want to put you and told you to figure it out, trained by other employees.

Negotiation

Didn't really have to do much negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewer showed up 1/2 hour from time my interview was supposed to be, and used a script interview sheet.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Dulles, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

After being screened by HR, I proceeded to meet with one of the Starbucks managers at HMSHost Dulles. A very outgoing and friendly man. Asked me questions about my resume and my goals at the company.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really anything difficult regarding questions.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

When I submit the application they call me 1.week after that, they give 2 interviews bla bla bla

Server Interview

Interview

Filled out the application online and got called the next day for an interview. When I got there for the interview there were a lot of ppl there for different positions at different stores. I was interview by the food and beverage manager. Pretty much a basic interview for your typical restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Filled out some paper work and came in a week later for my orientation.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardiner, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Gardiner, ME) in July 2013.

Interview

Sat down with manager he asked a bunch of questions. Some of these question were what me different from other employees and what I would do in certain situations. Additionally, he asked me what type of hours I would like to work. He also asked me if I wanted to work at Starbucks or if I would rather work at one of the other stores in the plaza.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer