HMSHost Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HMSHost in January 2013.

Was referred by a friend and called in for a interview. Had to come back for a second interview because the original person that was suppose to interview me was not there. Came for second interview didn't get asked any questions just was told about the company and if i had any questions. At the end she liked that i smiled and hired me on spot. Had to fill out paperwork,finger prints, go to another site to do drug test within 48 hours, and was told i would get a call for orientation date when everything came back. Orientation was 3 days paid. After orientation went to our managers for schedule.

No negotiation pay set

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HMSHost in October 2010.

You had to fill out a super long application online. Then, if you got a callback (which was basically 9 times outta 10 because so many people quit all the time) you had to go to the airport warehouse for the interview with the department manager in the back office which was difficult to find and an unorganized place to interview. It took roughly 30 minutes to complete the interview. If you got the call back for the job, you had to go a ridiculously small office in Terminal A and meet with the head of HR (who was extremely rude) and she has you fill out the standard forms. Then you have to the badging office and spend like the whole day there because the people who work there obviously don't like their jobs and don't like to more than absolutely necessary to help you out. After you complete the training test, you have to wait more than a week for your badge to work pass security and park in employee parking. Oh, and they don't compensate you for your parking in the meantime.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in March 2012.

Asked many generic questions, straight textbook material. People seem to care about those are already in the company and have room for advancement but not so much for those who will leave soon. Best to let them know your future plans and goals and whether or not the company can help achieve those goals. Doing research prior is a big plus.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HMSHost in March 2011.

I applied online, and a few weeks later I got a call asking if I'd like to schedule an interview for the following week. As soon as I walked in the manager was very very nice and friendly, which made it very easy to sit down and talk to her. She asked very simple questions. What you'd expect to be asked in retail. Nothing difficult to answer at all. She also asked about my personality and personal characteristics. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. At the end of the interview she briefly explained the next steps in the hiring process, gave me her info and told me that I'd be getting a call from HR regarding the next steps within the next few days. The next day I got a call from HR asking me to come in to follow up. At the follow up meeting myself and a few others were offered the position in which we applied for, filled out background info, took a drug test and was fingerprinted for an employee id badge (tons of security stuff since it's at the airport). We were then told to patiently wait out the test results that can take up to 2 and a half weeks, and we'd be getting a call when it's time to go in to pick up my id badge and start orientation. It's only been about a week so I haven't started orientation or heard anything yet. But they stress that the waiting process takes time and they can't give us info regarding it over the phone so they ask that we don't call to check on the status. Overall it was a quick and easy interview process. The waiting AFTER the job offer is what takes time.

Interview Questions
    • Why is it important to be knowledgeable of the company products?   Answer Question