HMSHost Server Interview Questions

1.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost in December 2013.

Interviewer showed up 1/2 hour from time my interview was supposed to be, and used a script interview sheet.

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Server Interview

Filled out the application online and got called the next day for an interview. When I got there for the interview there were a lot of ppl there for different positions at different stores. I was interview by the food and beverage manager. Pretty much a basic interview for your typical restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Filled out some paper work and came in a week later for my orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2009.

I heard of the position through a friend who worked for HMS Host. I went directly to the HR office at Sky Harbor. I filled out my application and had a face to face interview. I was asked about general bartending knowledge even though I was not applying for a bartending position. I was hired. There was a drug test, criminal background check, and training. It took about 3 weeks before I worked my first shift.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked around 10 questions regarding liquor / cocktail mixing.   View Answer
    Base pay + tips. No negotiation. Benefits were good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2011.

The interview didn't really seem like an interview, you knew you would be hired on the spot once they give you the job application.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

I filled out an application and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. When an Assistant Manager called me, he did a very quick phone interview and told me to cone in for my se Ind interview. However, before we got off the phone I knew I had the job because he told me to bring 2 forms of I.D. with me to fill out forms.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimum wage plus tips as a server, you can transfer to another airport or restaurant after 6 months

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

Horrible!! 8 hours of videos with a cheap lunch and no actually on the job training.Just threw me into the mix and I had to make due.Interview was a snap...too easy.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I dont like about myself..or what I can improve???A little awkward and personal.   Answer Question
    easy for a minimum wage service job

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!