HMSHost

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer showed up 1/2 hour from time my interview was supposed to be, and used a script interview sheet.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at HMSHost

Interview Details – Filled out the application online and got called the next day for an interview. When I got there for the interview there were a lot of ppl there for different positions at different stores. I was interview by the food and beverage manager. Pretty much a basic interview for your typical restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Filled out some paper work and came in a week later for my orientation.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other servers?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2009.

Interview Details – I heard of the position through a friend who worked for HMS Host. I went directly to the HR office at Sky Harbor. I filled out my application and had a face to face interview. I was asked about general bartending knowledge even though I was not applying for a bartending position. I was hired. There was a drug test, criminal background check, and training. It took about 3 weeks before I worked my first shift.

Interview Question – I was asked around 10 questions regarding liquor / cocktail mixing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay + tips. No negotiation. Benefits were good.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HMSHost in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview didn't really seem like an interview, you knew you would be hired on the spot once they give you the job application.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. When an Assistant Manager called me, he did a very quick phone interview and told me to cone in for my se Ind interview. However, before we got off the phone I knew I had the job because he told me to bring 2 forms of I.D. with me to fill out forms.

Interview Question – They were all very industry standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage plus tips as a server, you can transfer to another airport or restaurant after 6 months

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview Details – Horrible!! 8 hours of videos with a cheap lunch and no actually on the job training.Just threw me into the mix and I had to make due.Interview was a snap...too easy.

Interview Question – They asked what I dont like about myself..or what I can improve???A little awkward and personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy for a minimum wage service job

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!