HMSHost

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterfall, PA

I applied online - interviewed at HMSHost in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview seemed to go well. I talked to a hiring manager on the phone and then had an in store interview at the travel plaza. She said she thought I was qualified for the position and told me that I would get a call for the next interview, as the next person doing the interview had a busy work load. That call never came.

Interview Question – My personal most difficult question was what I wanted to do in the future, as I have a degree in something completely different than what I was applying for.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HMSHost in September 2011.

Interview Details – In order for you to be offered an interview, you must fill out an application via the internet. Once selected, you will asked to come into the employment office for an interview; expect not to be the only person for the interview, there is a "scheduled" crowd of potential employees. Managers and Senior Managers did an excellent job on staying on schedule with potential employees. Once called in for the interview, the managers were straight to the point. They explain the position(s) they were interested in hiring you for, its hours, its pay, its benefits, and the company's history. After the explanation, the interviewer asked basic interview questions such as experience in retail, warehouse and/or food and beverage, hours of availability, previous supervisory positions if held (preferred), "what would you do" questions, and personality questions. NOTE that any supervisor or manager positions required a two interview process; however, if all potential supervisor or manager interviewees are presented and early, interviewers will more than likely elect to perform a second interview the same day. And this will allow them to inform you whether or not you right for the job.

If hired on the spot, you will be asked to perform light paperwork consisting of your I-9 tax form, Airport Security badge application, and other paperwork requested by your hiring manager. NOTE that two forms of ID must be present in order for you to begin processing the same day, be fingerprinted in the Department of Aviation Security office, and etc. If you do not have two forms of approved ID, the hiring process will take longer than two weeks. Once you fill out all the requested paperwork in the employment office, you will be asked to take your badge paperwork to the DOA and you will be fingerprinted.

After being fingerprinted, take your paperwork back to the employment office and you will be instructed on what to do next.

You must take a drug test 24-48 hours after being hired. I would encourage you to do it after your interview. LabCorps is the mandated drug test site located at South Fulton Medical Center. Results will be sent to the employment office. After your results from the drug test and fingerprinting office comes back and you have been cleared, you will be called to come in and take your ID picture pending a customer service online class or security threat assessment. These classes are taken based on your ID classification and job position. This typically happens the day before the orientation. You MUST have your ID to get into orientation. AND you can't do it the day before due to orientation beginning before the DOA office opens.

On the day of orientation, you are paid based on your hourly wage. This, for me, was scheduled 8am to 5pm, but because everything went smoothly during orientation, the class was allowed to leave at 3:30pm. Orientation is two days long pending your position. On your last day of orientation, you are released to your unit (store/warehouse of employment) to attain your schedule.

This was roughly about a two week process. A HUGE piece of advice is to always ALWAYS ALWAYS have two forms of identification on you at all times during the hiring process; state issued ID, passport, birth certificate, and/or a social security card are all valid proof of IDs. All employment office staff and human resource staff members are all polite. Do not mix HMSHost staff with airport staff. I did have one encounter with a DOA office staff member who was rude in telling me she could not hear me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for HMSHost? What is your reason for leaving your current employer or what was your reason for leaving your previous employer?   View Answer
  • What are looking for in the position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What is to negotiate? Coming from a company that offer very low pay but high responsibilities and over worked staff, I wasn't up for negotiations. HMSHost offered me an "award."

Shift Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HMSHost in May 2010.

Interview Details – it was ok, just make sure to get proper rest since the interview may happen before, after or during your work hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there was none it was take it or leave it since i had no experince under my belt.

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!