HNI

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Interview

IT
Muscatine, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HNI in March 2014.

Interview Details – filled out the application on their company website and sent my resume. Got an email about two weeks later to schedule a 30-minute phone interview. Very basic questions about what got me interested in IT and what my goals are in a professional setting. Second interview came about a month and a half later, I was invited on site for a three individual interviews. Two of the interviewers were in IT asking about IT experience and technical questions while the other one was with HR asking more behavioral questions. Fairly relaxed interview process. Interviewers were comfortable to talk to and I didn't feel intimidated at all with the questions asked.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you saw something unethical going on in your workplace and failed to address it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation. sorry hagglers.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HNI.

Interview Details – Job fair, to on-site interview with three representatives. All interviews were 30 minutes long, with much of the time discussing unrelated questions. Although, this may be that I clicked with all but one out of the 5 people I talked to during my four interviews. Overall I related very well with most of them for one reason or another so the interview was a breeze.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

IT Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HNI.

Interview Details – Phone interview. very laid back. The lady I interviewed with was very kind and made me even more excited to earn the position than I was before.

Interview Question – Can you walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Muscatine, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HNI.

Interview Details – Spoke with company at the career fair where I set up an on-campus interview. Following the interview, I was asked to attend an on-site interview where about 20 interns rotated through 3 recruiters each (one HR, one technical, and one previous experience). We then went on a facility tour. I was contacted a week later with results. In general, the employees were nice. Some did not seem genuinely interested in speaking with intern candidates, though.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you... dealt with an ethical issue, worked in a group where someone didn't pull their weight, least favorite and favorite courses, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have received offer from them twice of the 3 times I went through the interview process and declined both times. The first time I declined I was because I was interviewed by an older man who was very rude and made some very sexist comments during my interview. The second time I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Development Program Interview

Engineering Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HNI in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview at a job fair. The second round interview was located at their headquarters in Muscatine, Iowa. The interview process included 3 one hour interviews. Had to present a project that I worked on that represented the position I was applying for. The interviews were really laid back. They were in a conversation format.

Interview Question – Why should the company hire you over all of the other interviewers?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Muscatine, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HNI in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional yet flexible. They allow you to be creative with you answers and not feel pressured. Questions were all relevant and the interviewers were verify friendly. They had three different panels of interviews. First was academic background, second was based on you and the culture of the company and last was job related questions. Highly recommended.

Interview Question – Situational based questions such as describing a time where you have had to work as a team and what your role was. Be ready to answer situational and behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Security Analyst Interview

Senior IT Security Analyst
Muscatine, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at HNI in September 2010.

Interview Details – I came in and met with a member of HR, who would be my direct supervisor, the division head and a member of the current staff. All interviews were 1:1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Open and candid.

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HNI in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was well organized. Interviewed in-person on campus and then onsite for another round of 4 interviews. I was asked whether I would like to look at other position too and I did. Very friendly people and I had a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Most were realted their business and how should one look at such business problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes negotiation is possible. Know you market value by researching on websites

Anonymous Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HNI in April 2009.

Interview Details – Simple, Applied through one of the online portals in India.

Within a week got a call from the HR discussing initial role requirements as well as expectations.

Next was HR manager interview which was the deciding round. A lot of behavioral question were targeted. Especially to see your communication skills. Next was a business case which was quite difficult.

Clearing that next round in 2 days was with VP Business Development which was short and simple.

Two days later was called for negotiation and offer letter was offered.

Quite a easy process considering it was for a graduate position.

Interview Question – A case study, asking to formulate entry sales strategy in B2B environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HNI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HNI interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by HNI employees and interview candidates.