HNI Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Phone Conversation with HR people they call me for 50 mins phone screening, followed by technical screening through phone for an 30 minutes about the OBIEE and BI Applications.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rapid fire interviews after an on-campus screening. Went to the Allsteel HQ and was compensated for gas expense plus some. Had interviews with different members of HR and people in my related field.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview then morning interviews at location with four employees who interviewed me individually and then they took me to lunch and discussed further about the position. Then I was given more information and the benefit information after that. It was a very good interview process

Interview Questions

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Happy to hear you enjoyed your interview with us!

Business Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HNI in January 2015.

Interview

Had a 3 hour interview process that consisted of several waves of interviews with various managers. Also had a typing skill test and company walk through. Go through company benefits package and discuss culture of company

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Interview

I was flown from a different state to interview at Hon/HNI/All Steel in Muscatine , IA. All of my travel arrangements were taken care of by HNI (plane ticket, rental car, hotel room). I was also given an expense form to expense my mileage to/from airport, and meals while traveling. I was very impressed how hospitable they were in these regards. My interview was with 6 different people, ranging from HR to engineering. The times were well scheduled, and the morning flew by. I was also scheduled and given a tour of the facility (All Steel). The interview sessions were not very tough, although I'm always confident in my resume when it pertains to my work skills. I can talk about my projects all day, don't lie about what you can do on your resume and you should be just fine. Everyone was very friendly, nobody was trying to ask any 'got ya' interview type questions. They asked a lot about my future career goals, where I see myself in 3-5-7 years etc. Be prepared to answer those, although you should be in an interview, that's why you're trying to get a new job, right?

Interview Questions

• One of the HR members asked what a common misconception is about me. That question took me back a little.   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Thanks for interviewing with us!

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Job fair, to on-site interview with three representatives. All interviews were 30 minutes long, with much of the time discussing unrelated questions. Although, this may be that I clicked with all but one out of the 5 people I talked to during my four interviews. Overall I related very well with most of them for one reason or another so the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Happy to hear you enjoyed the interview process, and glad you've accepted an offer to come work with us. Welcome aboard!

Marketing/E-Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received phone call from HR and had a short pre-screening interview over the phone. Was asked to come in for a 4 hour interview with multiple members of the department. After that interview was asked to meet with the President, which took about an hour. Very friendly, very professional. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Thanks for taking the time to come discuss career opportunities with us. Happy to hear you had the chance to meet with several members, including our leadership team, and felt it was a great ... More

IT Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Phone interview. very laid back. The lady I interviewed with was very kind and made me even more excited to earn the position than I was before.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

filled out the application on their company website and sent my resume. Got an email about two weeks later to schedule a 30-minute phone interview. Very basic questions about what got me interested in IT and what my goals are in a professional setting. Second interview came about a month and a half later, I was invited on site for a three individual interviews. Two of the interviewers were in IT asking about IT experience and technical questions while the other one was with HR asking more behavioral questions. Fairly relaxed interview process. Interviewers were comfortable to talk to and I didn't feel intimidated at all with the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw something unethical going on in your workplace and failed to address it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for negotiation. sorry hagglers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

Spoke with company at the career fair where I set up an on-campus interview. Following the interview, I was asked to attend an on-site interview where about 20 interns rotated through 3 recruiters each (one HR, one technical, and one previous experience). We then went on a facility tour. I was contacted a week later with results. In general, the employees were nice. Some did not seem genuinely interested in speaking with intern candidates, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you... dealt with an ethical issue, worked in a group where someone didn't pull their weight, least favorite and favorite courses, etc.   Answer Question

I have received offer from them twice of the 3 times I went through the interview process and declined both times. The first time I declined I was because I was interviewed by an older man who was very rude and made some very sexist comments during my interview. The second time I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Thank you for providing candid feedback and for considering career and internship opportunities with us. I'm very sorry to hear your interview process was not entirely positive. We are completely ... More