HNTB Companies Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at HNTB Companies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Informal interview, mostly resume based questions and information about the job itself. Asked when I would be graduating and how far class wise I am. Overall it was more of a conversation about the job rather than an interview as one would expect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HNTB Companies

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at HNTB Companies (Fairfield, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

2 interviews and two persons

Interview Questions

• why do you want to switch your job   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HNTB Companies (Arlington, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

Met with the Chief Operations Officer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10-15 yrs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should of asked for more.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HNTB Companies in June 2011.

Interview

Panel interview- Pretty much explained my experience, my goals& qualifications.I was hired!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its an excellent place to work. Don't decline the offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HNTB Companies in February 2008.

Interview

Multiple interviews (4-5 interviews/lunches) with various people within the local office, as well as nearby offices, including management. Communication was good, and plenty of 2-way questions. There were some open questions, and the standard "quiz"-type questions -- theories on management, clients, etc. Throughout the interview process, there was a constant "theme" of "4 for 4" -- so much so that knowing this going in would give an advantage to an applicant. When it came time to make the offer, it was done over the phone -- nothing in writing.

Interview Questions

• What is most important in managing a project.   1 Answer

The offer was a very good one -- but there was a real concern about the corporate culture -- almost felt "cult-like" with all the "4 for 4" that was prevalent from everyone. I was looking for atmosphere/environment, rather than just a paycheck. I was also concerned that they wouldn't put the offer in writing until I verbally accepted it. In short, it didn't feel right to ME, but might be a good fit to others.