HNTB Companies

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HNTB Companies in October 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the Chief Operations Officer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10-15 yrs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should of asked for more.

Fairfield, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in December 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and two persons

Interview Question – why do you want to switch your job   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview- Pretty much explained my experience, my goals& qualifications.I was hired!!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its an excellent place to work. Don't decline the offer.

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HNTB Companies in February 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews (4-5 interviews/lunches) with various people within the local office, as well as nearby offices, including management. Communication was good, and plenty of 2-way questions. There were some open questions, and the standard "quiz"-type questions -- theories on management, clients, etc. Throughout the interview process, there was a constant "theme" of "4 for 4" -- so much so that knowing this going in would give an advantage to an applicant. When it came time to make the offer, it was done over the phone -- nothing in writing.

Interview Question – What is most important in managing a project.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was a very good one -- but there was a real concern about the corporate culture -- almost felt "cult-like" with all the "4 for 4" that was prevalent from everyone. I was looking for atmosphere/environment, rather than just a paycheck. I was also concerned that they wouldn't put the offer in writing until I verbally accepted it. In short, it didn't feel right to ME, but might be a good fit to others.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HNTB Companies

Worked for HNTB Companies? Contribute to the Community!