HNTB Companies

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HNTB Companies in March 2010.

I was initially called for a phone interview. The boss was happy with my answers and background, so he scheduled me in for a 1 on 1 with him in person. This went well so about 20 minutes into the interview he gets his team together in a room, and has them interview me to see if I had chemistry with the team.
The types of questions were basic "how do you do this", and "how to you tackle multiple projects". There were three candidates interviewed. The team voted on who they would want. The votes were split 3 to 1 so I received an offer the next day. (the vote was done anonymously and not in front of the candidates). The whole process took about 3 days- two weeks from interview to first day.

Interview Questions
  • What are the drawbacks to setting up a Geometric Network?   View Answer
  • What skill do you want to learn while you are here, and what skill do you think that you are best equipped to teach us.   View Answer
The negotiations were fairly flexible. The director and my manager met with me after the group interview and asked me of my salary expectations. My expectations were a little higher than what they offered, however a compromise was met. i took an hourly rate that allowed for 5 hours of weekly overtime (due to the fact that I would be working that much anyway). This put me to well over my salary expectation. To my knowledge I was the only one that they made this concession for.