HNTB Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume through a friend that worked at the company. About a month later I as contacted by the Electrical Engineering Manager about coming in for an Interview. It was all behavioral questions. Very short and quick interview

Interview Question – How do you work in groups   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $16/hour

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HNTB Companies in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially called for a phone interview. The boss was happy with my answers and background, so he scheduled me in for a 1 on 1 with him in person. This went well so about 20 minutes into the interview he gets his team together in a room, and has them interview me to see if I had chemistry with the team.
The types of questions were basic "how do you do this", and "how to you tackle multiple projects". There were three candidates interviewed. The team voted on who they would want. The votes were split 3 to 1 so I received an offer the next day. (the vote was done anonymously and not in front of the candidates). The whole process took about 3 days- two weeks from interview to first day.

Interview Questions

• What are the drawbacks to setting up a Geometric Network?   View Answer
  • What skill do you want to learn while you are here, and what skill do you think that you are best equipped to teach us.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were fairly flexible. The director and my manager met with me after the group interview and asked me of my salary expectations. My expectations were a little higher than what they offered, however a compromise was met. i took an hourly rate that allowed for 5 hours of weekly overtime (due to the fact that I would be working that much anyway). This put me to well over my salary expectation. To my knowledge I was the only one that they made this concession for.

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HNTB Companies in March 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke on phone for a screen. Got invited for a 1:1 . Questions were about experience and background.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere more in line with my aspirations

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HNTB Companies in October 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the Chief Operations Officer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10-15 yrs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should of asked for more.

Service Desk Specialist II Interview

Service Desk Specialist II
Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HNTB Companies in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the VP of our division along with the manager that would be under him as well as my immediate supervisor. I was then asked questions about interacting wth others, technology and how I would prioritize work load, as well as how I did under pressure.

Interview Question – What projects have you worked on in the past?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a contract to hire. When the contract was up they offered me a job at my continued salary.

Fairfield, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in December 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and two persons

Interview Question – why do you want to switch your job   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in August 2009.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a lunch meeting with several managers from the local office. I have a follow-up interview at the local office to meet more senior managers within the organization. The lunch meeting went well, with little focus on my professional experience, but more on my personal and academic background.

Interview Question – Here are the three position we currently have open. Which one would most interest you?   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III

The process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in April 2012.

Interview Details – through word of mouth and found the process easy. People are good and other engineers help find the position. Seniors were open and clear about opinions and was interviewed by 2 people. Honesty is the best policy regarding interviews as well as confidence. Work environment is good and people are helpful

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 4 ot 5 years   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HNTB Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview- Pretty much explained my experience, my goals& qualifications.I was hired!!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its an excellent place to work. Don't decline the offer.

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HNTB Companies in March 2009.

Interview Details – got a 1:1 interview on March 09 from an employee referral in early Feb. The interview lasts only for half an hour and I was excited to work there soon but what wait for me was a three-month waiting. Without any initiative contact from the company nor from the HR. Contact HR a few times but just let me wait. Finally got an offer in early June after company won a big project.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HNTB Companies