HOK Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HOK in February 2014.

I applied through special program via university. My coordinator arranged interview. Had two interviews. Both interviewers were from structural department. Interview was really relaxed, friendly, and informal. Questions were pretty simple, little preparation may not do any harm though. Some sample questions includes: what software you know, have you worked in such projects etc.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of projects you are enjoying the most? Which was your favourite task / project during previous internships.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HOK.

Hiring process was efficient and professional. Interviews with HR and the hiring manager were the same day. An offer letter was mailed within the week and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to give examples of how I handled conflict in the workplace at previous employers.   Answer Question
    Negotiation aligned with my expectations

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HOK in July 2013.

questions: talk about your portfolio
                      what kind of project you are more interested in
                      what do you learn from the school

Interview Questions
    • talk about your work samples and what's your design ideas in the work   Answer Question

Architectural Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at HOK.

Portfolio critique

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HOK in January 2009.

I submitted resume in first place and meet with group director. I represent what project I had done in current office and job responsibility. After presentation, we talked about salary and compensation. After that, I got my offer in 2 days and I declined the offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at HOK in December 2010.

Applied online and met directly with Office Manager (never spoke with HR or met with that department). Initial communication was pleasant and interview was equally as pleasant. Office atmosphere was really quiet and interviewer provided a pleasant conversation. Questions regarding qualifications were not directly asked so be prepared to sell yourself answering the typical questions asked but are not asked during this interview.

Design Professional Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at HOK.

video conference held- various questions related to design project description as well as the personal experience.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HOK in August 2013.

I was asked to bring the digital portfolio to explain my design ideas.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HOK in December 2011.

Two interviews, one with heads of HR and practice, second with various directors. Initial meeting was more convivial, discussing experince and knowledge but at a more superficial level. This may have been down to the skill of the interviewer as it seemed like a friendly chat but still involved showing knowledge of company, the likely obstacles to overcome and the methods likely to be utilised. The second interview was a more lengthy , 90 minute grilling, with half of the senior team (of 6 directors) involved. This was looking much more at examples of ways of working, the problems overcome and the solutions found to return a positive outcome.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to hire you, what could we expect to see in 12 months from now?   View Answer
    Negotiation via a third party (headhunter).

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HOK in February 2008.

phone interview, then one to one HR interview and Computer test, then Project manager interview

Interview Questions
    it was not flexible but professional

Worked for HOK? Contribute to the Community!