HOK

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Graduate Structural Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HOK in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through special program via university. My coordinator arranged interview. Had two interviews. Both interviewers were from structural department. Interview was really relaxed, friendly, and informal. Questions were pretty simple, little preparation may not do any harm though. Some sample questions includes: what software you know, have you worked in such projects etc.

Interview Question – What kind of projects you are enjoying the most? Which was your favourite task / project during previous internships.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HOK.

Interview Details – Hiring process was efficient and professional. Interviews with HR and the hiring manager were the same day. An offer letter was mailed within the week and I started the following week.

Interview Question – Asked to give examples of how I handled conflict in the workplace at previous employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation aligned with my expectations

Landscape Architect Interview

Landscape Architect
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HOK in July 2013.

Interview Details – questions: talk about your portfolio
                  what kind of project you are more interested in
                  what do you learn from the school

Interview Question – talk about your work samples and what's your design ideas in the work   Answer Question

Architectural Intern Interview

Architectural Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HOK.

Interview Details – Portfolio critique

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Architectural Designer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HOK in January 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted resume in first place and meet with group director. I represent what project I had done in current office and job responsibility. After presentation, we talked about salary and compensation. After that, I got my offer in 2 days and I declined the offer.

Interview Question – What is your job respondsibility?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HOK in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and met directly with Office Manager (never spoke with HR or met with that department). Initial communication was pleasant and interview was equally as pleasant. Office atmosphere was really quiet and interviewer provided a pleasant conversation. Questions regarding qualifications were not directly asked so be prepared to sell yourself answering the typical questions asked but are not asked during this interview.

Interview Question – Typical "Tell me about yourself?"   View Answer

Design Professional Interview

Design Professional

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at HOK.

Interview Details – video conference held- various questions related to design project description as well as the personal experience.

Architectural Designer Interview

Architectural Designer
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HOK in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to bring the digital portfolio to explain my design ideas.

Interview Question – what is your design ideas in this project?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HOK in December 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with heads of HR and practice, second with various directors. Initial meeting was more convivial, discussing experince and knowledge but at a more superficial level. This may have been down to the skill of the interviewer as it seemed like a friendly chat but still involved showing knowledge of company, the likely obstacles to overcome and the methods likely to be utilised. The second interview was a more lengthy , 90 minute grilling, with half of the senior team (of 6 directors) involved. This was looking much more at examples of ways of working, the problems overcome and the solutions found to return a positive outcome.

Interview Question – If we were to hire you, what could we expect to see in 12 months from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation via a third party (headhunter).

Architect Interview

Architect
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HOK in February 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview, then one to one HR interview and Computer test, then Project manager interview

Interview Question – all were predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was not flexible but professional

Worked for HOK? Contribute to the Community!