HOM Furniture

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at HOM Furniture

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HOM Furniture.

The Job was posted online only. Took Three weeks to get a call and e-mail to set up the interview. The interview was with Two people in the room. Both asked questions. Lots of questions like, Can you handle commission based sales? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle and angry customer?

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you how many Windows are in New York how would you find out the answer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at HOM Furniture in April 2012.

I had one interview with a sales manager and then a second interview with another sales manager. The interviews seemed to go very well. I was then told I was to interview with the store manager. When I went for the interview, he greeted me and then said that I needed to take a timed assessment test and a personality test. I had not been told that this was going to happen and I was totally unprepared. I didn't even have my correct glasses. Because I was so upset that they had did not tell me that this was part of their process, I could not even concentrate - plus they have you do this with so much distracting sounds around you. i spend maybe 2 - 5 minutes with the store manager. He had not even looked at my resume prior to this. It was the most worst experience ever. Thank God they did not want me. I would not want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • You haven't sold on commission - how would you feel doing this?   Answer Question
    • You need to sell $50,000 each month, can you do that?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at HOM Furniture in July 2009.

The interview consisted of sitting in the managers office and discussing the position and all the duties/responsibilities involved in the position. The interview also consisted of what my strengths and weaknesses were as well as how I can contribute to the team. I was them told upon a drug test I could start as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work at HOM Furniture? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay was what it was.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HOM Furniture in May 2011.

You have to apply online, which isn't so bad because it shows a status of whether they will be calling you or have decided you are not what they are looking for. Eventually I got a phone call and did a phone interview with the sales manager. He asked if I knew some furniture construction information and about the sales position I had at the time and situations I had been in there and how it could translate to the position with HOM. I spent about an hour on the phone with him, and this was pretty much a pre-interview. Once I was cleared on that I was asked to come in and talk to him in person for another interview, as well as to do an IQ type test (kind of like the accuplacer you do for college, so reading/math), and a test that would determine whether I knew right from wrong (is it ok to go to work drunk, or drink at work?). The talk with him involved a more indepth description of what the job would entail-salary, hours, sales goals, expecations of me. He told me this second interview would take a couple of hours, and it was definitely true. After this interview, I was asked to go in again to talk to the store manager. So more talk about my previous job and how my education could help me in the position.

It took awhile to get through all this, and took about a month (at least) to go through all of them and wait for them to decide on who to choose (it was between myself and one other person). Overall, I did 3 interviews, HOWEVER, there was supposed to be a 4th with pretty much their boss, but he was unable to do it. After I accepted the position, a background check and drug test was done.