HOSTING

2.5

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HOSTING.

Very impressed by the professionalism of the Recruiter / HR group. I felt I was well informed and prepared prior to my interviews. The representative was genuinely interested in learning more about my background to make a good match. The process after the interview was one of the smoothest transitions I have made to a new company, the HR group was so helpful and patient with me and my many questions through the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions were asked I was interviewed by 3 managers, one of the interviews was a group interview.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HOSTING.

it was pretty typical, there wasn't anything that struck me as odd about the process. it started with meeting with the hiring manager for coffee and progressed from there. after that we met formally in the office. We probably spent about an hour just getting to know each other in a more professional manner. after that it was meeting with the VP of Sales and the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know fi there was an unexpected question but they had me do a presentation for them on whatever topic I wanted. the only thing was that it had to sell something. this should have been my first clue that I shouldn't have gone there. it was pretty close to the old, "sell me this pen" thing   Answer Question
    they offered me more than I was expecting, so that was nice.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HOSTING in July 2014.

Recruiter initial phone interview was great. Had 2 more phone interviews and then an in-person where I was told the position was more of an "Assistant" role. Then post it as such. Recruiter and HR Manager looked at their phones multiple times in the interview and the recruiter for the first part acted uninterested and absent. After the interview I felt overqualified in the description posted was way different than what was discussed in the interview. I also wondered why the manager would need an Assistant in Denver when she is located in Delaware. In hindsight I am glad it didn't work out. I ended up talking to someone who worked there shortly after my interview and I got a completely different story regarding morale and I got another job.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HOSTING in May 2014.

1st step: Phone interview: too many questions, they lady was straight up reading off a sheet of paper, and they were all generic questions. How well do you know Linux? How well do you know MSSQL? From a scale of 1-10 rate your skills. This goes on for about 30 minutes

-They email you a culture survey, that you have to fill out.

2nd step: technical phone interview. This step was pretty entertaining, and the individuals seems to enjoy their job. Very basic questions regarding support. However, I did find out that the pay was extremely poor. They offered low 40's to start out, and you also start in the night shift. I immediately declined.

Cloud Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HOSTING in April 2014.

Just over the phone at first to see if youre qualified to even have a full length interview. I didn't make it past the first round because I had basic VMware skills. these guys want more.

Interview Questions
    • what's the difference between esx and esxi
      What happens during a vmotion
      how would you go about patching an esx node
      what happens when you svmotion a vm with multiple vdisks
      Talked about extending LUNS.
      how can you tell what vm is using which physical nic?
      what do high cpu ready times indicate?
      how would you do a disk expansion from vmware then through the OS.
      What is your best quality
      What is your worst quality

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HOSTING in March 2014.

Brought in on referral by a recruiter. Process was very simple - phone interview with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the team. Whole process was painless. They were looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running, so things happened fast.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were exceptionally difficult or unexpected. During the group interview, we covered the basic what have you done/where are you headed topics, then broke off into a discussion about tactics with some pointed B2B vs. B2C questions.   Answer Question
    Very informal, conducted over the phone when my offer was given.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HOSTING in March 2014.

The interview process went very quickly and with as little pain as possible. I found the position listed online and sent a resume to their recruiting department. Within one day I received an email to schedule a phone discussion. The position requirements were clearly spelled out by the recruiter, and a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for the following day.
      The call with the hiring manager was very productive. The initial recruiter followed up after the call to schedule an on-site interview (I was relocating) early the following week. During the on-site interview I met with a member of the Project management team and the hiring manager. The on-site interview was an open discussion with some time spent answering specific questions, and the rest of the time getting to know each other. I felt the parties involved were very engaging and were very patient with all of my questions. Overall time was about 2 hours for the onsite.
      Following the on-site the recruiter again reached out and scheduled one final call with the department VP. He, too, was engaging and made sure that I understood what would be expected of me if I were to join the team.
      Overall, the experience was one of the best. Everyone seemed genuinely interested and even excited to bring me on board, and the communication was such that I never had to guess the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to answer this, but it was an excellent question. One that any candidate would appreciate.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HOSTING.

HOSTING has a very comprehensive interview process.

First round - an in-depth conversation with their in-house recruiter about greatest accomplishments, and possible contributions to the position, interest, etc.....

Second round - chat with Chief Corporate Strategist

Third round - day long, face-to-face interviews with various team members.

When I interviewed with HOSTING, they based their entire interview process on the Gallup Skills Test ($5 online personality test, that is surprisingly accurate). They define the 5 characteristics or personality traits of the person that embody that role - and then evaluate all applicants against those types - after you take the test. The better the match - meaning the greater number of matched traits, the more likely your interview process will continue.

The day-long face-to-face- conversations are broken into multiple general sections: Personality, Work Experience, etc... where each interviewer has a list of questions generated from the Skills Test methodology. It's quite fascinating - and ultimately a challenge to prepare for... I was asked very few "traditional" interview questions....

Ultimately, the team that interviewed you meets with the C's (CEO/COO) and everyone discusses the applicant using a internal corpoate SWAT (strengths, weaknesses, assets, threats) analysis around fit for the position and ultimately fit within the corporate culture at HOSTING.. And if you are in the upper right quadrant after the discussions - an offer is extended.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe two uses of a brick that have nothing to do with construction or building.   View Answer

Network Operations Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HOSTING in October 2013.

HR screening then scheduled technical interview....no call at the appointment time..... That's really unprofessional.....Never heard back from them...

Interview Questions
    • No call at scheduled time. That has never happened with any other company   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HOSTING in July 2013.

Very quick process. First interview with Skype. then in house interview with 5 people. All were well prepared. Great feeling coming across from the interview team. The whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 uses for a brick that does not include building with it or using it as a a paper weight.   View Answer
    Some negotiation on salary, but not much.