HSBC Bank USA

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – Traditional approach. Was referred by a friend and was phone screened by few folks. That was followed by all day onsite interview meeting 8 folks one on one

Interview Question – There was a case study about an algorithm to find the fastest route in New york city   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got notified as a potential candidate by email months later. Three weeks later, called by hr to schedule a phone interview with a manager in that department. The 30-min interview lasted about 50 mins, the manager knew this position a lot, and asked tons of questions about details in my resume. One week later, another phone interview w/ another manager. This manager looked unprepared, and did not even have my resume at hand when calling me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a bank?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in September 2008.

Interview Details – First pass HR phone screening, then phone screening again by team, and on-site with a group of interviews. Prepare more for behavior interview.

Interview Question – How did you handle conflict with coworkers/managers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get salary raise after negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Bank USA

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Bank USA Credit Risk Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Bank USA employees and interview candidates.