HSBC Bank USA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Bank USA

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview

I got the phone interview the same day I applied online, they didn't tell me when to call and they just called. Phone interview, ask some basic questions. Why you choose HSBC? What kind of customer service did you have before?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA (Redmond, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

First step was with HR
    Next step was with hiring manager and branch service manager. They basically make a pitch to you about the bank and how great it is. It's all based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Interview Questions

• They were really basic, like:
      What made you choose HSBC?
      How do you deal with stress?
      What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

Answer Question

Negotiation

There's a previously agreed upon rate by the individual branch. When you negotiate, HR then has to discuss with that branch and see if they have the budget to meet your requirements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview

Very general interview process, nice people, nice culture and environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward, background check

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview

Applied online and received phone interview shortly afterwards. Only some basic questions for phone interview. Then I was brought in to the branch for in-person interview with two managers. Received an offer about one week after in-branch interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview

submit online applicatin and it asked me to schedule an interview online in about 1 day. After phone interview for about 15 min. She said that she would pass the info to the branch manger who might bet back to me within one week. Or I would receive an e-mail about the rejection.

Interview Questions

• very straight forward:why do you want to change your job, have you had problem with balancing? Discribe "customer satisfaction and diffficult customers" ; how would you deal witht hem.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you helped a member of staff?   1 Answer

Negotiation

fixed

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in November 2009.

Interview

Within days of applying online, I was contacted. I was told that I would be called back for a phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview, I was told to come to an open house. At the open house, I took a tour of the facility. I also had two different interviews with two of the call center managers. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job. The very next day after the open house, I was called and offered the job. I was told within 48 hours, I needed to have my drug testing and fingerprinting done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were unable to overcome an obstacle? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The position is entry level. They tell you that they pay between 12.00 to 14.00 an hour but they start everyone at 13.50 an hour.