HSBC Bank USA

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – First step was with HR
Next step was with hiring manager and branch service manager. They basically make a pitch to you about the bank and how great it is. It's all based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Interview Question – They were really basic, like:
What made you choose HSBC?
How do you deal with stress?
What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's a previously agreed upon rate by the individual branch. When you negotiate, HR then has to discuss with that branch and see if they have the budget to meet your requirements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – Very general interview process, nice people, nice culture and environment

Interview Question – Qualifications and problem solving   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward, background check

Very Easy Interview

Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in September 2011.

Interview Details – They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked in a call center?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – Applied online and received phone interview shortly afterwards. Only some basic questions for phone interview. Then I was brought in to the branch for in-person interview with two managers. Received an offer about one week after in-branch interview.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – submit online applicatin and it asked me to schedule an interview online in about 1 day. After phone interview for about 15 min. She said that she would pass the info to the branch manger who might bet back to me within one week. Or I would receive an e-mail about the rejection.

Interview Question – very straight forward:why do you want to change your job, have you had problem with balancing? Discribe "customer satisfaction and diffficult customers" ; how would you deal witht hem.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2012.

Interview Details – Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you helped a member of staff?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fixed

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in November 2009.

Interview Details – Within days of applying online, I was contacted. I was told that I would be called back for a phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview, I was told to come to an open house. At the open house, I took a tour of the facility. I also had two different interviews with two of the call center managers. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job. The very next day after the open house, I was called and offered the job. I was told within 48 hours, I needed to have my drug testing and fingerprinting done.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you were unable to overcome an obstacle? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The position is entry level. They tell you that they pay between 12.00 to 14.00 an hour but they start everyone at 13.50 an hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Bank USA

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Bank USA Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Bank USA employees and interview candidates.