HSBC Bank USA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
8 interviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

I got the phone interview the same day I applied online, they didn't tell me when to call and they just called. Phone interview, ask some basic questions. Why you choose HSBC? What kind of customer service did you have before?

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Bank USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in August 2013.

First step was with HR
    Next step was with hiring manager and branch service manager. They basically make a pitch to you about the bank and how great it is. It's all based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Interview Questions
    • They were really basic, like:
      What made you choose HSBC?
      How do you deal with stress?
      What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
        Answer Question
    There's a previously agreed upon rate by the individual branch. When you negotiate, HR then has to discuss with that branch and see if they have the budget to meet your requirements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Very general interview process, nice people, nice culture and environment

straight forward, background check

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in September 2011.

They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in a call center?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Applied online and received phone interview shortly afterwards. Only some basic questions for phone interview. Then I was brought in to the branch for in-person interview with two managers. Received an offer about one week after in-branch interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

submit online applicatin and it asked me to schedule an interview online in about 1 day. After phone interview for about 15 min. She said that she would pass the info to the branch manger who might bet back to me within one week. Or I would receive an e-mail about the rejection.

Interview Questions
    • very straight forward:why do you want to change your job, have you had problem with balancing? Discribe "customer satisfaction and diffficult customers" ; how would you deal witht hem.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2012.

Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you stood your ground for what was right   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you helped a member of staff?   View Answer
    fixed

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in November 2009.

Within days of applying online, I was contacted. I was told that I would be called back for a phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview, I was told to come to an open house. At the open house, I took a tour of the facility. I also had two different interviews with two of the call center managers. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job. The very next day after the open house, I was called and offered the job. I was told within 48 hours, I needed to have my drug testing and fingerprinting done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were unable to overcome an obstacle? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The position is entry level. They tell you that they pay between 12.00 to 14.00 an hour but they start everyone at 13.50 an hour.

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!