HSBC Bank USA Interview Questions

2.9

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

My resume was lying with them for a month or so. However when I was called for interview, it was a
    a whole day face to face interview. Interviewed ith several managers. All the managers were professional and friendly. They asked practical real life problem solving questions.

At the end I met the senior manager, who briefed me about the benefits etc and asked general questions. While walking back, i was given the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions.Real life practical problem solving questions. Simple logic testing questions.   View Answer

Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Applied online through a career website at my college. The entire process up until my acceptace letter took about 3 weeks. Started with an over-the-phone interview with an HR - all behavioral questions and asked about my resume. Next round was on site with 3 people from different groups. 2 asked purely behavioral questions and 1 asked technicals. Know your resume to the last detail and make sure to have an example for every behavioral question (some got tricky). Also have a general opinion about the economy and how it's doing.
    The interviewers were friendly and I enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the economy is doing? Any specific factors?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in March 2015.

For this specific position, the process is easier than other. I applied online, and 20+days later got phone interview. And 4 days later, on-site interview was coming. I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Questions included behavior, motivation and technical.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the revenue of Starbucks   View Answer
    • why HSBC? why corporate banking? How do you think the competitor of HSBC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you did not meet your deadline   Answer Question
    • Do you recently read any financial articles and tell me your analysis.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Submitted my resume online. Later, I got a call from the recruiter. After discussing my skills with the hiring manager I was called for an interview. It was very direct, the interviewer made me feel comfortable. As a result, I wasn't afraid and answered the questions with confidence.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Phone followed by in person interview. Very specific technical requirements and lengthy discussion on Sdlc methodologies. Interview er looking for responses in smart format. Very interesting with information sharing.

No negotiating as they exceeded my old salary by 10 percent

Senior Consultant Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

HSBC is a Women oriented company with excellent job training and job growth opportunities. Job security is something that is not offered. Employees can work hard and not be rewarded. It is all about who you know not what you know. Wages are fair and benefits are awesome. Work from home opportunities are very helpful for parents.

Interview Questions
    • How will you balance work and home given the amount of work on your plate?   Answer Question

Money

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2015.

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2015.

The process was straightforward overall, but managed via a mix of phone calls, secure corporate emails, video conferences, and a final in-person interview. The questions (all but one, listed below) were straightforward and the interviewees were professional and courteous. The stages consisted of a phone screen, a one-on-one video interview, and a final in-person interview. The entire process lasted for roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to present information in a soft manner.   View Answer

Credit Policy and Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

The interview with hiring manager, directors, managers of related department, and lunch with the team. Technical session and case study were included, and there was no much negotiation on the salary due to the nature of entry level position.

Branch Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

applied on line on the website, had a phone interview, later was invited for one on one branch interview.. about a week later got a call that i was accepted for the role