HSBC Bank USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at HSBC on a job fair. I got a call 3 months later, asking me if I was still interested. Some days later after the call they sent me a link for an online assessment test. Online assessment test was with question focused in aptitude and logical problems. You can find most of the questions with their answers through ‘the ultimate career interview’ in app store.

Interview Question – Second step was Panel Interview they wanted to know more about my personality and what my 5 year goals at HSBC are.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

Interviewed at HSBC Bank USA

Interview Details – Consists of an interview with the unit manager and then the dept manager. Asked the basic questions on situations you've been in. Asked about skills and past experiences.

Interview Question – Same questions as usual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Futures Operations Specialist Interview

Futures Operations Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was an easy going experience. They mostly wanted a sense of personality and fit and did not delve too deeply into product knowledge and level of back office systems expertise. No brain teasers, no technical questions. Just the usual walk through the resume and showcase of past experience. Seemed initially supportive of my future career aspirations.

Interview Question – Can't think of any since it was mostly personality based questions. Overall, they wanted to see if I would fit in with the group.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2013.

Interview Details – If one is highly experienced HSBC will hire you as they are desperate; lack of talent in Audit and short staff. Telephone interview with HR and the hiring manger; before the offer met the manager.

Interview Questions

• None, the hiring manager was not a regulatory technical subject matter expert. No audit related question though it was an audit role.   Answer Question
  • My request for a sign on bonus.   View Answer
  • My question - If US wishes to follow UK benefit pattern, consider this - The UK companies offer other benefits like car and cheap mortgage loans.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR tyried to pin down an amount I wanted; I put the ball in his court and told him that I trust him to get me the best. It was not as good as I wanted but he came back with a final offer so I ahd to accept.

Branch Relationship Banker Interview

Branch Relationship Banker

Interviewed at HSBC Bank USA

Interview Details – Make sure you search all bank related questions online, because they will catch you off guard. I personally think "be the true self" would be enough, but a little research will help, and the bank environment will shape you to a better fit.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

RBWM Summer Intern Interview

RBWM Summer Intern
Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The process includes two interviews. The first one is a phone interview (30 min), mainly behavior questions. The second is face to face interview (1 hour). HR people are really friendly. You need to do you homework. Make your research about the company.
questions are about leadership, team work, communication

Interview Question – How do bank make money?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I was interested in getting the experience. The bank was generous though.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – Had 3 rounds of interview, first with recruiters and then hiring managers onsite and final round with senior managers onsite again. Overall the interviews were not very tough and asked some basic questions. The impression of the company is its great culture. From recruiters to management, people are all friendy and easy to get along with, at least this was what I felt when walking into the office for interviews.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Customer Service Representative/Teller

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – Phone Interview request almost a day after you apply for the job. After you pass the phone interview, you get to be invited for an one-to-one interview. The whole process until the one-to-one interview request took me about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I was disqualified for the position but it was not a bad experience.

Interview Question – On the phone interview, they ask your prior cash handling experience from your previous work.   Answer Question

Latin America Merge and Acquisition Summer Analyst Interview

Latin America Merge and Acquisition Summer Analyst

Interviewed at HSBC Bank USA

Interview Details – Applied online at HSBC career, the process took three weeks. I got an email informing me that I needed to schedule an interview the next day. I was interviewd by an hispanic associate the next day. He was very nice on the phone and interviewed me in Spanish. I didn't get invited to the super day cause I think this position required someone with substantial technical skills.

Consultant Technical Project Manager Interview

Consultant Technical Project Manager
Buffalo, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews, one was very technical due to the requirements of the position. the other was more general, related to project management topics. There was an extended time, 4 weeks, after the interviews due to more candidates being interviewed.

Interview Question – I was totally prepared for the interviews and was able to answer all of the ?'s. I would say that both of the interviewers were very easy to relate to and the questions that they asked were not difficult or unexpected. They were both more interested to find out about my background and experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was working with an Agency and the contract rate was already set.

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!