HSBC Bank USA

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

I was presented this opportunity by AppleOne, a staffing agency. I interviewed once, with 3 of the legal assistants, my future coworkers. I believe I returned for a second interview for the main attorney I would be be reporting to.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my previous experience and how I handled conflict.   Answer Question

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in April 2014.

Slow process, Very sloppy questions, interviewer with absolutely no knowledge poor skills in how to interview. Really not happy how HSBC is screening people to hire, looks like they are not reading the resumes and instead of looking for talent they are looking for cheap labour.

Summer Internship Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

had an online math test, two phone interviews, 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews. questions varied from behavioral to technical. a lot of the questions asked were fit based. few market questions asked. Know resume up and down. will be tested on it.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Applied online and received a call within 24 hours. The job posting was newly added. Interview started off with an HR phone screen. This was followed up with one on one interviews with two peer members from the team and the direct manager. Interview was normal. Fair questions, which touched upon industry matter expertise, job specific, and some behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation or challenge you had to overcome and what you did to resolve it?

Your manager is unable to take an important meeting and has asked you to fill in the meeting for him/her. You are aware that this meeting is important, however you do not have all the details. He/she calls you, but only has time to answer 3 questions. What questions do you ask?

View Answer
    I did not negotiate. Successful negotiators will either have a counter or possess sme that is highly desirable.

SCOP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Hiring process is quick and interview process is mostly bias versus qualifications

negotiation is there way or no way.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Phone Interview, then 1 on 1 followed with an offer

Negotiated on annual amount. I declined first offer then entered a counter offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

I applied for a position on line in another city which led to being interviewed for a position in my local city. That was an unexpected entry since my attempts to get interviewed locally had failed for a few months.

Interview Questions
    • scenario questions on how to work with internal clients, communication expectations which aligned with their culture. (do homework on their operating model - hierarchical management and strong project management   Answer Question
    I was hired in 2004 in a challenging job environment in this local. It left little bargaining opportunity except I received an agreement to provide a salary increase at 6 months based on performance. They agreed and I was bumped up in 6 months and 12 months after joining.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Was informed about an opening for a bank teller position by an employee. Interviewed with the branch manager on the same day. The interview questions revolved around work experience and past responsibilities. Was hired on spot but was told to apply online for the position in order to be extended an offer. Applied online following the interview. Received a phone call from an HR representative the same week with an offer. Accepted the offer. Did not negotiate the salary.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2014.

This was for a consulting position. I was contacted by a recruiter for interview. When I went in I met the VP the questions were the general interview questions such as talking about my resume. Then she called another VP who I would be supporting and we had an interview over the phone. After the interview I thought it was fine and then the recruiter told me since it is a consulting role it usually moves fast. Towards the end of the week I was contacted by the recruiter that I got the position.

Credit Analyst Interview

The first question is to explain p-value to people who do not know Statistics. The second question is to estimate how many taxis the city has. the rest questions are about details of one project in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions. All are typical and reasonable.   Answer Question