HSBC Bank USA

2.8

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Phone Interview, then 1 on 1 followed with an offer

Negotiated on annual amount. I declined first offer then entered a counter offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

I applied for a position on line in another city which led to being interviewed for a position in my local city. That was an unexpected entry since my attempts to get interviewed locally had failed for a few months.

Interview Questions
    • scenario questions on how to work with internal clients, communication expectations which aligned with their culture. (do homework on their operating model - hierarchical management and strong project management   Answer Question
    I was hired in 2004 in a challenging job environment in this local. It left little bargaining opportunity except I received an agreement to provide a salary increase at 6 months based on performance. They agreed and I was bumped up in 6 months and 12 months after joining.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Was informed about an opening for a bank teller position by an employee. Interviewed with the branch manager on the same day. The interview questions revolved around work experience and past responsibilities. Was hired on spot but was told to apply online for the position in order to be extended an offer. Applied online following the interview. Received a phone call from an HR representative the same week with an offer. Accepted the offer. Did not negotiate the salary.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in January 2014.

This was for a consulting position. I was contacted by a recruiter for interview. When I went in I met the VP the questions were the general interview questions such as talking about my resume. Then she called another VP who I would be supporting and we had an interview over the phone. After the interview I thought it was fine and then the recruiter told me since it is a consulting role it usually moves fast. Towards the end of the week I was contacted by the recruiter that I got the position.

Credit Analyst Interview

The first question is to explain p-value to people who do not know Statistics. The second question is to estimate how many taxis the city has. the rest questions are about details of one project in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions. All are typical and reasonable.   Answer Question

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Development Program Interview

I will be interviewed by HSBC soon and I want to see the question before I get interviewed. Since this is my first interview ever, I will come back and make some complement.

Business Banking Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in October 2013.

I interviewed several times at HSBC over the past year with 3 different groups. All the employees I met in all areas were cordial and respectful. They asked intelligent and relevant questions, nothing from left field.

No ability to negotiate.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview with approximately 6 people

Debt Capital Markets Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in September 2013.

Spoke with HR over phone and then met with 2 MD's and 1 VP. All very professional and knowledgable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in August 2013.

First step was with HR
    Next step was with hiring manager and branch service manager. They basically make a pitch to you about the bank and how great it is. It's all based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Interview Questions
    • They were really basic, like:
      What made you choose HSBC?
      How do you deal with stress?
      What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
        Answer Question
    There's a previously agreed upon rate by the individual branch. When you negotiate, HR then has to discuss with that branch and see if they have the budget to meet your requirements.