HSBC Bank USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Vice President Interview

Associate Vice President
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone calls, no in-person reviews.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager Financial & Business Analysis Interview

Manager Financial & Business Analysis
Mettawa, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Respectful however bureautic

Interview Question – systems related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – lengthy process

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Senior Compliance Officer
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Took 2 months. Phone interview with Human Resources. Met with both Directors and then the Department Head. Not difficult as it became clear none of the individuals had any experience conducting an interview. They ask few question and did most of the speaking. It would be a sign of things to come when I later worked in the department.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was take it or leave it attitude by the department head.

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager
Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview with approximately 6 people

Senior Analyst Business Systems Interview

Senior Analyst Business Systems
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the post online on hsbc careers website. Heard back from them within a week. The initial call gave me an opportunity to ask about the profile and the pay range. The HR got all the background information and setup a call. The technical interview was setup within a week and took about an hour. It was purely technical in nature and some of them were experience based. After the interviewers approved my candidature, the manager called me and set the expectations that were required of this position. The expectations were very clear and there were no surprises. The verbal offer came in a few days but the HR never sent the actual offer in the email (fell through the cracks). After salary negotiations I finally accepted the offer and was asked to fill a few forms for background checks and was asked to take drug test.

Interview Question – For vision plus profile: Mostly application related at high level and core mainframe questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The raise from my previous job was significant and the management thought it to be fair offer. They were firm on the offer. I accepted.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Mettawa, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Company contacted me to interview for the position. Setup interview time and date. Asked how I would be a fit for the postion. I only met with the HR contact. She explained the work enviroment. They have a green building. Most people work from home 2 to 3 days a week. They have a cashless building. You need to use a debt or credit card. No cash is used in the building.

Interview Questions

Vice President - Operational Risk Interview

Vice President - Operational Risk
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. I had a previous working relationship with him.

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!