HSBC Bank USA Interview Questions in Mettawa, IL

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in December 2012.

Phone calls, no in-person reviews.

No negotiation

Manager Financial & Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in March 2010.

Respectful however bureautic

lengthy process

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2011.

Took 2 months. Phone interview with Human Resources. Met with both Directors and then the Department Head. Not difficult as it became clear none of the individuals had any experience conducting an interview. They ask few question and did most of the speaking. It would be a sign of things to come when I later worked in the department.

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it attitude by the department head.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA.

There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview with approximately 6 people

Senior Analyst Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in May 2010.

I applied for the post online on hsbc careers website. Heard back from them within a week. The initial call gave me an opportunity to ask about the profile and the pay range. The HR got all the background information and setup a call. The technical interview was setup within a week and took about an hour. It was purely technical in nature and some of them were experience based. After the interviewers approved my candidature, the manager called me and set the expectations that were required of this position. The expectations were very clear and there were no surprises. The verbal offer came in a few days but the HR never sent the actual offer in the email (fell through the cracks). After salary negotiations I finally accepted the offer and was asked to fill a few forms for background checks and was asked to take drug test.

Interview Questions
    • For vision plus profile: Mostly application related at high level and core mainframe questions   View Answer
    The raise from my previous job was significant and the management thought it to be fair offer. They were firm on the offer. I accepted.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in July 2010.

Company contacted me to interview for the position. Setup interview time and date. Asked how I would be a fit for the postion. I only met with the HR contact. She explained the work enviroment. They have a green building. Most people work from home 2 to 3 days a week. They have a cashless building. You need to use a debt or credit card. No cash is used in the building.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think would help you in this position.   Answer Question

Vice President - Operational Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Bank USA in December 2009.

The interview process was very easy. I had a previous working relationship with him.

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC Bank USA? Contribute to the Community!