HSBC Bank USA Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Development Program Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Development Program Interview

I will be interviewed by HSBC soon and I want to see the question before I get interviewed. Since this is my first interview ever, I will come back and make some complement.

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Bank USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in November 2012.

After applying online I was contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview that was entirely behavioral. When this was complete she set up the in-person interview on the spot. I was then asked to answer three essay questions: What is the most important quality? What is a leader? A Manager?, and What makes great customer service?
    The onsite interview is somewhat intimidating. It is a panel interview with four members of HSBC from different areas. They all ask you questions from different categories. It was a very well structured interview but the panel might make some people feel somewhat uneasy and maybe intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you took the lead in a group? How did it work out?
      What do you think sales means? Can sales skills be taught?
        Answer Question

I didn't think it was the right job for me, also a low offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Bank USA in October 2011.

Applied to the posting on my college career connection, finished the online application and online testing. Invited to the phone interview within 2 weeks, phone interviews consisted of very typical interview questions. Then invited to the on site interview in NY office in a week. Panel interview are given by three people, two of them are previous graduates from the program. Questions aren't particularly hard, though it is a fairly pressured situation as you have to try to answer to all three of them at the same time and make an impression. Offer came right before Thanksgiving break. Upon receiving the offer they conducted background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for HSBC?   View Answer
    • Tell me a situation in the past you have to influence others on decision makings.   View Answer